Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Yes! My the most Berserkery time of the year! :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Ablative posted:

Wow. I did not notice.

Also, the mod does change one thing other than unlocking all the jobs. It's purely aesthetic, but it's wonderful.

I'm whooshing, what's the other change?

Bregor
May 31, 2013

:getin:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Mikl posted:

Alright, here goes! Third time entering the Fiesta, and hopefully second time finishing. Random run, as last year.

And to make this more fun:

:toxx: I'll be watering the Berserker tree at the tune of $10 for each goon-completed run using The Run's jobs, between them being officially announced and The Run starting. (Once per goon, no total upper limit) :toxx:

Get those runs in :getin:

Yessssss :getin: :black101:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Koobes posted:

Because I am a goofball who absolutely loves FF12, here's a Bartz naming :toxx: drive for some donations.

Don't listen to Ondores lies! Bartz Basch Lives!

Every completed fiesta with Basch will have me give up $5 to charity.(up to a max of $200)

:patriot:

Mikl posted:

:toxx: I'll be watering the Berserker tree at the tune of $10 for each goon-completed run using The Run's jobs, between them being officially announced and The Run starting. (Once per goon, no total upper limit) :toxx:

Locked and loaded.

Bregor fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Jun 4, 2017

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Switched from Popular Risk to Pure Chaos Risk. I'll try Popular my second run I think. Between that and all these :toxx: donations I'm getting pretty stoked for the Fiesta.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Mikl posted:

Sorry, I was asleep :shobon: go for it! :)

I'll likely tally the runs and make a single donation once The Run starts, by the way.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Good lord that Soul Cannon fight sucked rear end. Thought I would be clever and release a Zuu to cut a huge chunk of his health, but it didn't do anything. Whoops.

Also, why was my beastmaster with the Guardian dagger doing like twice as much damage as my zerkers? Even if the defense ignoring thing didn't work on this boss for some reason, the zerkers had a much higher attack rating.

There are only two releases in W1, your instant death/banish of choice, and BEARAGA

Bregor
May 31, 2013

One more at the last minute:

And also two of my favorite moments:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Khisanth Magus posted:

So the big question is whether the fiesta will start when the run ends as it should.

Gilgabot is tweeting about it, so I would assume so.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Just seeing what my party is before hitting the sack. Happy Fiesta everyone.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

welp

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Journey of the Quadzerker: Part I

Our journey begins...

I should have named him BASH instead.

Easy bosses fall...

The source of my power...

Things get dicey...

Studied too much at the library...

Next time: The Sandword Grind

(PS. I'm trying for the Brave Blade challenge too, although Meatfort will probably break me.)

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Journey of the Quadzerker: Part II

Bought some jewelry to keep me warm...

Thinned the herd...

Ready to try...

:rip: :rip: :black101: :black101:

Next time: Probably steamrolling to W2 Exdeath

Bregor
May 31, 2013

GMArcturus posted:

So can I ask what the best strategy for a quadzerker setup against Ifrit and Byblos would be? My Wind job was Chemist so until I get that Earth crystal I'm looking at some tough times.

If you can beat Liquid Flame they should both be pretty easy. Get the Main Gauche and Elven Mantle from the Karnak Castle Fun Run and give everyone else Mythril Hammers. Ifrit is no biggie and you just have to hope Byblos doesn't put Protect up too early and then Drain you to death.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Was thinking about Rugwizard with Quadzerkers. Will he cast Return on a missed physical attack on GBA?

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

I offered Koobes double for their trizerker run, and I'll offer the same to you.

Sorry, ended up running during the Mini Dragon grind. Bawk-bawk-bawk-bawk!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Doom Goon posted:

The Algorithm FAQ says you need to successfully hit the target to enact React scripts (aka Gogo doesn't React on whiffs). Having done it last year I really, really can't recommend it. You most likely can't just toggle fast forward on an emulator and have it work out. You'll also need to occasionally manipulate the RNG by hitting run/A? every once in awhile so it doesn't get stuck in a loop. I had three very high level non-Bartz Berserkers (though I can't remember if they were 97) equipped with nothing but Hermes Sandals and Mage Mashers which for whatever reason seemed to work better than a mix of anything else (for reference, +8 units of Weight is -1 Agility not taking in rounding errors. You could also consider the Knives formula including the M bug but :effort:).

Then again, you might get lucky because my successful one was like during a couple hours where I barely manipulated it every 15 minutes or so (after three overnights getting stuck on loops).

Yeah I was hoping that a blind Zerk with Bone Mail, Reflect Ring and an axe for low accuracy would miss enough for Rugwizard to kill himself or run out of MP. Doesn't seem likely though.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Rirse posted:

What the best AP place in World 3. I think it was some stingrays, but forgot if there is a better option. The drawback of having red mage is a LOT of AP is needed for it final rank, and since I got a white mage, I do want that dual cast.

Bal basement statues, L5 Death or Gold Needles.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Journey of the Quadzerker: Part III

Some easy bosses hit the deck...

A goofy laser got blow'd up real good...

Finished up W1 pretty quickly...

We met the best character in the game...

This guy is actually not a joke when quadzerking...

More "bosses"...

Have I mentioned how much I love Death Sickle?

Ironically I couldn't use my sickles for farming...

Galuf avoided getting sucked into an eldritch horror, I'm sure nothing else bad will happen to him...

Got super lucky with two Death procs...

This was a nail-biter. Thank you Reflect Rings!

:lol:

Next time: Chopping down enemies in the Rift's forest.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Journey of the Quadzerker: Part IV

The forest was a drag so I went to grind in the ruins, it was surprisingly musical...

After Thief Knife'ing enough Angel Rings and Flame Shields near the healing pot, I moved to the Pyramid and set up my autopilot...

♫ Goin' to the temple and we're ♫ Gonna knife a blue dude ♫

I love the number 74 because I'm a hockey nerd and John Carlson owns...

Brawn vs. brawn...

Brains vs. luck...

Next time: Getting tablets for no reason.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Doom Goon posted:

Noice. How long did that take? Neat to see it's possible below 90ish (I never did run the numbers).

Not that long, actually. About 15 minutes of holding down fast forward, realizing the RNG wouldn't do it, attempting to run, rinse and repeat. Only equipping Mage Masher/Hermes gives all three Zerks a bunch of swings before Silence wears off and you just need one proc to reapply. Just had to get my head around it, since most of the time with physical classes I just run him out of MP.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I'm only 66 on everyone, you think that's good enough for Omniscient? How many procs did it take you to :black101:

e: wait, is it better with 3x Mage Masher rather than 1x Masher and sync up the speed and try to murder with fewer procs?

Not sure, the problem is with just a knife and Hermes it would alternate between Faris and Krile acting 1st IIRC. So maybe Lenna could have CK or something to speed up damage.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Does the magic underflow glitch work in GBA?

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Journey of the Quadzerker: Part V

"Spankety spankety spankety!"

Completely unnecessary...

Worst. Boss rush. Ever.

Tidal Wave healing is fun. I think it's the first time I haven't cheesed him in two years.

RIP in peace, Greg...

Next time: Axe versus tree.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Journey of the Quadzerker: Interlude

Almost there...

I almost feel bad for all those lamia...

So anyway I'm going out of town for a week and the journey will have to wait. I was hoping to get this done before I left, but my kids had other ideas this weekend. (Seriously, why don't kids nap when they should? Napping is amazing.)

Also, there's no secret hidden reason I shouldn't get to 99, right? Like NED doubles in HP or something dumb like that?

Next time: Axe versus tree (for real this time).

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Leofish posted:

Do Gaia or Animals screw up what's his nuts on the magic side of fork tower?

No and no.

(Someone post that art of Rugwizard saying gtfo to !Gaia.)

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Leofish posted:

Okay, that makes sense, thanks. I actually have 5 reflect rings because I got a double drop from one group, so I'm covered there. For the life of me, I couldn't remember if I had to do the tower or not, but if I can skip it, since I have no need for Holy or Flare then I may as well.

I usually do it if I have two shield users, since you can snag a second Aegis from Istory Falls and you need the sub after Fork Tower to get there.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Journey of the Quadzerker: Part VI

The next time I see the Pyramid it will be too soon...

Onto the Void to abuse some glitches!

Hey guys! Oh, Big Gulps, huh? Alright! Welp, see ya later!

Now to gear up properly. (Well, sort of. I'm not super great about super-optimal blah-blah-blah.)

LET'S loving DO THIS :black101: :black101: :black101: :black101:

NED ATTEMPT #1

Chopped down Treedeath unscathed...

But alas, the first Grand Cross dealt me a single-HP Zerk and a toad.

Womp womp womp womp

NED ATTEMPT #2

Lenna ate a Flare during Treedeath, but that was it.

This time, the first Grand Cross was fine but Faris ate a back-to-back Holy and regular physical.

Then Lenna went kaboom to Almagest / Vacuum Wave. Didn't last much longer after that.

NED ATTEMPT #3

Uwaaah!!! indeed.

NED launched a Firaga at the one Flame Shield user. Sweet.

The first Grand Cross blinded Lenna. I guess she ain't hittin' poo poo the rest of the way.

Or maybe she is! :swoon:

At this point I'm pouring on the damage. It's spread out over all four parts, which I think is a good thing. I'd rather deal with multiple "normal" attacks than have to rush down one last part with only one or two Zerks alive.

The second Grand Cross comes and Basch is doomed...

RIP in peace, Basch.

The last screenshot was Faris murdering the Grand Cross portion. Alamgest and Vacuum Wave were toast before Basch died. I had around 11K of the last part's HP to burn through.

:syoon: :swoon: LENNA! :swoon: :syoon:

Krile with the final blow! :black101:

:rip: :toot: :toot: :toot:

Don't believe Ondore's lies!

This was nothing a roll of Scotch tape and an emulator couldn't do, but it was still fun.

WRITTEN IN THE STARS, A MILLION ZERKS AWAY

THE END

Next time: Not the end.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

DACK FAYDEN posted:

You're a madman if you're planning on Shinryu.

(I'm lveel 75 and counting. I'll get there eventually.)

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Berserkers can, and should, use the Aegis Shield to prevent petrification. You should have one from the moore forest, but if you don't there's another in a chest somewhere if you missed it.

You could also give your party flame rings and spam fireaga on your own team to heal them, but at this point hermes shoes + elixir spam is probably better against Exdeath. The status effects are far more dangerous than his actual hp damage once you can survive Almagest.

Best place to do farming is to give everyone !berserk and to hold up against that pyramid staircase that sends you downwards (but not into spikes). It will be relatively quick to get to the point where you can survive almagest. 3000+ hp for everyone should be fine, but of course more is always better. up to the 40's is easy, 50's not too bad, but Levels start really slowing down at 60+ so don't bother unless you have a ton of patience.

You can also do a similiar trick in the first zone of the cleft of dimensions, but this is a bad idea due to that one hard encounter that can cast cyclone.

As an added bonus you can give someone Thief Knife, one mob in that room in the Pyramid (Zephyrus I think) has Elixir as a rare steal as well as a drop.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

KataraniSword posted:

Yeah, the other Aegis Shield is in Istory Falls, which is locked off by Fork Tower. Don't bank on getting the second Aegis if you have more than one berserker.

Instead, you can thief knife extras (albeit slowly, they're the rare steal) off of Gorkimeras at the bottom of the Rift. It's tedious, but not more tedious than trying to beat rugwizard with zerky.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Nasgate posted:

Bout to kill NED, anyone know off the top of their head what part is almagest on iOS? My google-fu is weak.

NED parts shouldn't change across versions? Use this: https://sites.google.com/site/mega64sa/ff5/ff5-boss-guide

tl,dr: the bottom right part

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Nasgate posted:

White/chem/thief/? So far. I don't know what game is gilgabot is playing at, but this is so far a rather slow first world.

So you unlocked Chemist as soon as you got access to Turtle Shells... seems like a good thing? Last year I had Chemist for Wind in one of my runs and it was pretty much cake.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Trying to do Shinryu with quad-Zerk. If my math was right, I had him down to 3500 HP and then Chicken Knife run proc'd. Excuse me while I :downsgun:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Journey of the Quadzerker: Part VII

I Thief Knife'd up two more Aegis Shields and two more Bone Mails.

LET'S loving DO THIS :black101: :black101: :black101: :black101:

Two blocks on the first Tidal Wave. My strategy was to facetank/block rather than give up Hermes for Coral.

First Chicken Knife swing misses...

...but the rest of the team does well in the first round.

Thank you Bone Mail!

Thank you Diamond Helm!

SECOND CHICKEN KNIFE SWING MISSES :argh:

KRILE :argh:

Slightly better.

Block on Maelstrom was good, but rolling L2Old was absolutely critical.

FINALLY

LENNA :argh:

Two straight physical blocks!

A quick Chicken Knife poke...

BONE MAIL :swoon:

KRILE :argh:

Now I'm nervous...

:rip: Krile

DIE FUCKER :black101:

YESSSSSSSSSS

That was fun. It might seem like a few nights of pointless RNG manipulation to some, but any time I got past the Mighty Guard/L3Flare roll I was on the edge of my seat.

The robot is literally impossible so I'm hanging up my :black101: for good. I hope you enjoyed the journey.

Next time: Reroll!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Well quad-Zerk was fun but let's do a Popular run and hopefully wreck some poo poo...

Bregor
May 31, 2013

DACK FAYDEN posted:

:black101: status: level 81. Think I might try rugwizard again.

Good luck, friend :patriot:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Run #2: Popular — Dancer / Black Mage / Dragoon / Summoner

After my Quadzerker run, this one was much easier! Bosses were usually cake but I still found random encounters a pain when I wasn't hitting an elemental weakness with my BLM. Dancer is actually fun early on when Jitterbug is worth a drat. I got lucky and Thief Knife'd a Dragon Lance on my third try so Shinryu and the dragon part of NED were much easier. I hit enough Sword Dances where I could rush down the Almagest part and Golem/Carbuncle was plenty of defense for the rest. Omega took about 40 Elixirs, gently caress that robot.

Not much time left for another run. Between Quadzerker taking forever and work being crazy it's all I could do. Who's done a bunch of runs? I feel like derra does 20+ every year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Bufuman posted:

So I thought starting off with Dancer was going to be a pain in the rear end. Then I discovered three important things:
1. Several early bosses are NOT immune to confusion
2. The coding of said bosses usually doesn't know how to respond to being confused and they'll usually just sit there
3. All of the Dance attacks, including Sword Dance, will NOT remove confusion.

This run had just about the easiest Siren/Magissa/Garuda fights I've ever done. And my Water job is Chemist, so it looks like I'm Triple Crowning all my runs this year.

This was exactly my experience when I rolled Dancer first. The early daggers are pretty powerful and you can just plink away at pretty much anything, but yeah obviously having four !Dancers means a healthy dose of Sword Dance to the face of whatever boss fight you want to chump.

Rolling Chemist first was pretty awesome too, giving one of them Healing Staff was more than enough defense until I got Turtle Shells.

My only difficult first jobs have been White Mage (safe but loving tedious) and Thief.

• Locked thread