Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

Excited for the fiesta this year. I was hoping to do ten runs this year since that's the amount I almost did last year, but I don't have a very reliable way to play this year. I did convince some friends to do it this year.

Now to convince them to berserkerrisk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

DACK FAYDEN posted:

On the one hand, basically zero. On the other, the counterfeits are so good you can't tell except that they can't Quicksave.

(If you're actually going to buy a GBA for it, PM me your address, I was going to replace this cart anyway so I'm looking to give it away to a fiesta goon. If not, offer stands to the first other person to PM me asking for it.)

Can someone without PMs take you up on that offer?

And I decided to actually berserker risk this year, but I took the easy way out and just do a 750 risk. Still got some time to change my mind though.

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Absolutely! Give me an email address and I'll email you and we'll work it out.

Thank you!

I'm glad I'm around for preregistration. I can't decide what my first run is going to be.

Funktastic fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 1, 2017

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

Supremezero posted:

I think Mime/Freelancer was Earth only, like Job Fair, though I might be remembering wrong..

I got freelancer as a fire crystal job last year so I assume you can get it for any of them in pure chaos.

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

And run #1 done. This was never dying and hoping to do decent damage until the very end when I actually had ways to do consistent damage. Death sickle procs saved my rear end a lot. Not gonna bother with omega tbh.

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

https://twitter.com/ff5forfutures/status/876953303434674176

This is a pretty important change I think.

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

Run #2 down. A ridiculously easy run with White mage/Red Mage/Time Mage and Summoner. Quickleaked omega while I was asleep, and shinryu was a joke with both summoner and white mage. Being able to do dualcast and quick was pretty great.

So there's another a butt. What were the classes for the triple crown incentive?

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

Poulpe posted:

What's the diff between Chaos and Pure Chaos?
Does Pure Chaos allow duplicates or something?

The opposite. Pure chaos has no dupes and includes freelancer and mime. I think you can't do 750/no750 with it?

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

Run #3 down. Wasn't hard just wasn't very interesting. Having to grind to survive Almagest wasn't very fun. Also wanted to avoid doing Island Shrine and other World 3 dungeons, so I ended up just stealing a rune blade from a stingray which actually made my red mage a pretty great attacker when combined with two handed,

Next run is a popular run starting with Time, so I guess I'll be freelancering it up for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

Omega for chemists obviously swtich Geomancer with whatever class has the highest magic.

quote:

How To Murder Omega With Chemist, Fight It Out edition:

0) Your Geomancer is the one that will murder Omega for you, due to highest magic score.
1) Everyone comes into the fight with a reflect ring and floating via Levisalve
2) Omega's first action is completely nullified by reflect rings.
3) Your team mixes onto your Geomancer: Dragon Kiss, Dragon Defense, Hasty-Ade, Goliath Tonic
4) Omega uses Wave Cannon. Ignore your non-Geomancer flunkies.
5) Geomancer saves their life with X-Potion. Two flunkies use Dragon Powers on the Geomancer to help level, and the third uses Resist Fire to null Flamethrower
6) Alternate Dragon Powers and X-Potions (as needed) until the Geomancer is level 255.
7) Alternate Turtle Soups and X-Potions (as needed) until you drop six Turtle Soups on him, reducing his Magic Defense to 2.
8) Use Succubus Kiss as your offense, but only when a Wave Cannon is not the next attack on his agenda (lest you get combo'd out by Mustard Bomb + Wave Cannon). Pay attention to Omega's AI routine to sniff this out.
9) Golden Gear get

Funktastic fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jun 30, 2017

• Locked thread