Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Going for a 750 run because my last run had no magic and I wanna play with magic. It'll likely be my only run so no risk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Can Of Worms posted:

Hello, Fiesta veterans. Do you find your Fiesta runs lacking? Are you getting tired of seeing awful Geomancers and boring Dragoons in your Fiesta party? Do you wish you could have something more... exciting? Try spicing up your next Fiesta with a new...

:siren: Final Fantasy V Advance Randomizer:siren:

Just drag a Final Fantasy V Advance (US only!) ROM onto the randomizer and get two randomized ROMs in return! You can even use patched ROMs, as long as they don't change job skills. That's right, you can randomize Fiesta Patch and Sound Patch if that's what your heart desires! The program will also spit out two text files that summarize the changes in each ROM.

The first ROM you'll get is the Mild edition, which randomizes what the default skill of a job is, and the skill tree (i.e. what skills you get when you level it up.) The second ROM is the Extra Spicy edition, which does the same thing as the Mild edition...

:siren::siren::siren:...except it's different for every character!!!:siren::siren::siren:

That's right, in the Extra Spicy ROM, a Bartz Monk will have a different skill loadout than a Faris Monk. For example:
code:
Bartz Monk
    Default: !Revive
    Skill 0: 15 !Black 1
    Skill 1: 40 !White 3
    Skill 2: 80 Equip Armour
    Skill 3: 200 Dual Wield
    Skill 4: 280 Equip Ribbon
Faris Monk
    Default: !Drink
    Skill 0: 30 !White 2
    Skill 1: 65 !Lance
    Skill 2: 90 !Spellblade 4
    Skill 3: 200 !Flee
    Skill 4: 440 !Mug
Note: This is still under development as there are a few bugs with the Extra Spicy edition, but it should be mostly functional. I am aware that some parts of the menu doesn't correctly reflect AP costs at the moment. If you find any bugs, or there are specific features you want, let me know!

Are Galuf and Krile considered seperate for the purposes of the Extra Spicy version?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

So far in my 750 run I'm White Mage / Red Mage. I feel like I'm going to roll the weak option for all of these crystals, so I hope I get proven wrong with a Bard or a Chemist soon. Wish me luck.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Welp, I did in fact roll Geomancer. On the plus side, that meant quick and dirty Skull Eater kills. Now the whole party has level 3 Red, which is basically all relevant magic for a while, while I work on other kinds of abilities.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Blessed with Chemist! How many Turtle Shells should I try to get before going to W2?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Samuel Clemens posted:

Depending on your other team members, the answer lies somewhere between "zero" and "a lot".

White/Red/Geo.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

30.5 Days posted:

To put an even finer point on it, is the TC possible with a no750 team.

Yes, if you get Beastmaster on the GBA version.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Should I use my one Dark Matter on Boat Gilgamesh, or should I save it for one of the crystals? I didn't feel like grinding for more, even though I know that's what really makes Chemist shine.

Right now I have Bartz as a perma-Red Mage with White to see if I can unlock Dualcast sometime this century, and the others are currently: combine Geomancer with Red, combine White Mage with Mix, and having Mix on an actual Chemist. I always feel like I play FF5 sub-optimally, but I'll probably live, right?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

derra posted:

Kill Boatgamesh. Atomos will give you another, but you have access to a very safe burn strat on the Crystals (everyone starts in back, Mix Resist Fire and Levitate on your team, Protect and Shell, hit the top crystal until it Firaga's, then switch to a different crystal and kill them individually as the fire one keeps you up).

If you're not deleting every crystal you probably should do a lot of that anyway, so just skip the Boatgamesh fight altogether.

Right, thank you. I completely forgot that Chemists can create primary elemental absorption on a whim. Good fun.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

This should not have taken me over an hour to get.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Any tips for a Red/White/Geo(/Chemist but that's the incapacitated Lenna and I have Mix learned on everyone already anyway) team heading into the Pyramid? Should I be worried, should I just brave it? I already aced the Gargoyles with Sleep Blade+Poison on both, but the rest of the dungeon is long and filled with stuff I may need, so I don't want to be underpowered for it.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I avoided the Rune Chime because Geomancers, opting for my first three weapons to be Sage's Staff, Magus Rod, and Assassin's Dagger. Hopefully that'll tide me over until the next tablet. Dunno what I should be doing for Island Shrine up next, but I'll figure it out after gathering more goodies. Maybe using the Thief Knife for stuff.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Finally got Holy! Now all enemies will quake in fear at my Dualcasting might.

...so, any point in going for the last two tablets? Not for the weapons but for the treasures within the areas, and such.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

So how does Chemist make Omega doable again? I can't seem to find anything that would actually help me fight him with my White/Red/Geo party.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I never imagined my Red Mage would become my primary source of damage against Shinryu. The cheapest way to deal damage was through Rune Blade crits, so I berserked my Red Mage and fed them Dragon Power until it worked out. I'm running low on Turtle Shells so I didn't want to just do a bunch of that. (Obviously Shinryu is Berserked and I'm Blinking the whole party to not die.)

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

This was a pathetic Neo Exdeath battle. I was able to easily set up Protect and Shell on the whole party and throw Dragon Powers at my White Mage and Dualcast Holy at everything. Also here's my picture proof for Shinryu:

I decided that an Omega victory would be too tedious and have too many things go wrong with having to rely on Thundara for damage, so yeah. All in all, I enjoyed my 750 run. A bit more challenging than I was expecting, but once Chemist got rolling and I grabbed Holy everything else was an embarrassment. It was totally a late bloomer party. I'll see if I feel up to doing another run later in the summer, if there's any new enticing options!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Fhqwhgads posted:

With a Regular and a Pure Chaos down, what should I try running next? Popular for a shot at a Chemist? My first run was basically a No750 (Knight/Mystic/Ninja/Dragoon) so maybe a 750?

That's what I did this year, personally, the 750/no750 back 'n forth. I think it's a good way to keep you varying up your playstyle between runs.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I think it's telling that in my two Fiesta runs, I've had at least one of those classes. Will I go for a hat trick and roll Dragoon next time? Only myself or God knows.

(I love spears though so I wouldn't mind Dragoon. Just a personal bias of mine)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

KataraniSword posted:

Why does using a Gold Needle on an old man fix his bad back? (Seriously, do it on the fights with the Jura Aevis old men. Really works!)

Acupuncture in Final Fantasy? More likely than I thought.

• Locked thread