Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Exercu posted:

Break Rods Break Rods Break Rods Break Rods.

It also advises levelling up to 8 for Wing Raptor. You know, that tutorial boss who can be trivially beaten at the starting level of 3 by holding down 'A', during which you don't have any classes anyway.

That said, I just noticed that FAQ was written in '04. The writer is probably an accomplished, published author in his 30s now who'd be wondering why a bunch of grown-rear end idiots on an old irrelevant internet forum are making fun of a faq he wrote as a kid.

Whatever, still funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Well, when it's your first run it's much harder to lose patience.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Gee, I wonder why he wouldn't want to do it.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Classtoise posted:

"No, Buttz. Lenna's my sister. I'll do it :smith:"

"Yarr, what be ye thinkin'? It'd be me takin' that cutlass and runnin' her off the plank."

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Doom Goon posted:

Mmmmm.... nah. Freelancers are easy mode. :getin:

This is only kinda half-true; equipping anything loses its luster in W3 when nearly every class has something good to equip anyway, and only having 3 classes with abilities means less likelihood you have what you need to triple crown. Plus it encourages you to master the other 3 classes which may or may not be a slog.

Yeah it might make the rest of the game feel easier but it was easy anyway and if you end up not being able to take on Omega/Shinryu what good is it really?

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

InfernoBlade posted:

So since it looks like my job choices are probably going to stand even after basically flushing 80% of the votes down the shitter. I'm going to try to think of a bonus incentive I can throw at the run. Any ideas? I was thinking bonus donation for each boss killed by bearaga, but that might be overly tedious (that or bankrupt me if I'm not careful...)

Let me just make a polite request here to please not add any incentives to the run that would actually extend its playtime. The bearaga thing would essentially mean that the 'winner' would be whoever doesn't do that extra task, which of course means everyone would do it in every possible case because nobody wants to be the guy who dicked over a charity to win. But honestly the run takes long enough as it is and the fiesta doesn't start until it's over, so making it any longer isn't really fun for anyone.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

oldskool posted:

If this was your goal you should've spoken up before the five thousand dollar donation that mandated 4 tablets

Watching them figure out how to handle rugwizard can be interesting, but honestly, yeah I would rather that not be a mandate, or maybe have a $10k mark that says they don't have to do that anymore. But that's not my decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Mega64 posted:

I'm fine adding another hour or two to the run if it means more money for charity.

So am I. Fortunately that's not actually the choice.

I'm only saying that if someone's coming up with inventive incentives for donation, they ideally should look for things that don't make it more of a slog than it already is.

How bout this: Keep zerky alive. Donate some amount for every boss battle won without the berzerker ever dying, or starting off dead or incapacitated. Double it for wormboss.

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jun 7, 2017

• Locked thread