Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
actual good players who could play both: dit clapper! red kelly! mark howe! sergei fedorov! brent burns! dustin byfuglien!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
Burr Injured? :(

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Spring Break My Heart posted:

a lot of really crappy players would play forward or defense. which is kind of ridiculous because its a lot harder to hide a 12th forward than a 6th defenseman. belak played both. john scott.

i remember early in his career the senators played phillips at forward. and then they used borowiecki at forward for some reason.

Schubert was my favorite Sens flip. He was terrible either way, but terrible in such an intriguing manner.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
What the gently caress is that call

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
alfredsson was drafted as a defenseman.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

JawKnee posted:

Yeah he got can-openered in front of his own net, twisted 180 degrees then fell over on his knee.

Not sure what I think about that most recent slashing penalty.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
lol guentzel

it was a slash, it was just the weakest slash because he is a very weak man apparently. I love that he then fell down.

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

Jordan7hm posted:

yeah but lovely punchmen always do that. They're only D insofar as you need to have them on the ice for punching once in a while.

Unless you're calgary and need a top pairing guy.
Eh. He was not much worse than any other 6/7 defenseman, plus he could hit people really hard. And he was cheap, until the jets gave home like 8 million over 3, or whatever ridiculousness they paid him.

And, you know, all that blistering offense from the wing he provided was just a bonus.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Jordan7hm posted:

lol guentzel

it was a slash, it was just the weakest slash because he is a very weak man apparently. I love that he then fell down.

the look on Methots face was pretty good 'business as usual'

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Jordan7hm posted:

Schubert was my favorite Sens flip. He was terrible either way, but terrible in such an intriguing manner.
schubert was such a great physical package. 230 lb monster with 100 mph shot who was one of the fastest skaters in the league. shame about everything else.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Spring Break My Heart posted:

alfredsson was drafted as a defenseman.

He was a forward with Frolunda so....

^^^ yeah Schubert is my favorite example of a guy with all the tools but no hockey IQ. he just had no idea where to be or how to take advantage of his strength and speed and size

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

JawKnee posted:

Nooooo

Win that man his cup please Ottawa.

Also, Ottawa manage to score five goals and still seem mind numbingly dull to watch.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Sens fans still chanting 1-3-1

Senior post is a double edged sword

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

PING

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

haha that maatta play

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Congrats post on yet another level.

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK
Remember that post after the pens score 4 when they pull murray

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL

ThinkTank posted:

Nooooo

Also, Ottawa manage to score five goals and still seem mind numbingly dull to watch.

The first period was exciting. Wasn't really expecting them to go balls out the rest of the game after putting up 4 in the first. The game's boringness at this point is the Pens giving up and not pushing hard.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

quote:

He could feel the calvary coming behind

And behind him, a mountain of poo poo.

Idiot fan's sign posted:

CROSBY PAYS 4 GRINDR

:mad: Get that poo poo out of here

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

bunnyofdoom posted:

Sens fans still chanting 1-3-1

Senior post is a double edged sword

They can chant it all they want, but the Sens are so boring can't even sell out there own arena in the conference finals.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Hip Now and Wow! posted:

They can chant it all they want, but the Sens are so boring can't even sell out there own arena in the conference finals.

They sold out tonight. It was the second round when they couldn't sell out the first game.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
HOLY gently caress at that Crosby Pays for Grinder sign.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Like Crosby would have to pay. He's the perfect gently caress boi

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

rex rabidorum vires posted:

It's a response to the "Karlsson pays for Tinder" sign some Pens fan had last game.

It's pretty lame.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
About loving time that shithead got kicked out

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

Jordan7hm posted:

They sold out tonight. It was the second round when they couldn't sell out the first game.
The radio Pregame here in pittsburgh kept saying it wasn't sold out, about an hour before the game started. Not the greatest source, I suppose

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Ref's had enough of Malkin's yap

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Nooooo

first period was awesome

also :lol: later Malkin

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Hip Now and Wow! posted:

The radio Pregame here in pittsburgh kept saying it wasn't sold out, about an hour before the game started. Not the greatest source, I suppose

It's possible I guess. Ottawa radio was advertising tickets when it happened in the second round though, didn't happen today.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Streit is bad. Very bad. Please don't dress him again. Also that was a massive hold by Jake. Whatever. At least on Friday I can get crazy wasted.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
That game owned

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

Jordan7hm posted:

It's possible I guess. Ottawa radio was advertising tickets when it happened in the second round though, didn't happen today.

Eh, regardless, period 1 not withstanding, the senators play boring hockey.

Hopefully they didn't learn that a forecheck will beat the penguins, and fall back into the no offense trap like in game 2.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Hip Now and Wow! posted:

Eh, regardless, period 1 not withstanding, the senators play boring hockey.

Hopefully they didn't learn that a forecheck will beat the penguins, and fall back into the no offense trap like in game 2.

Yeah 5 goals is really boring

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

What a goddamned game

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
3 goals in 3 games? Penguins are a pretty boring team imo.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Godinster posted:

I liked the game, watched the whole thing, and wanted the sens to win. They still backed off (understandably when you're up 4-0) in the last 2 periods.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Godinster posted:

3 goals in 3 games? Penguins are a pretty boring team imo.

Nice meltdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Godinster posted:

Look, even the Sens official twitter admits they're boring.

https://twitter.com/Senators/status/865003218169872384

• Locked thread