Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I can't believe that worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
what a loving sick goal wow

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

hell yeah

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
What a dumpster fire on defense. OH loving LOOK IAN COLE TURNOVER LEADING TO A GOAL AGAINST I loving HATE YOU IAN

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
That effort was amazing

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
:lol: x 5

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

sens cheating to win, which is legit

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Just checked the score and have to post a :laffo:

gently caress the Pens.

ijzer
Apr 12, 2013

it's friday i'm in love with ice cream
that was a really beautiful goal from turris tho

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
I too have not been following this series but holy poo poo! Are the pens done?!?!

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Not that it matters but lol at the missed slash on that penalty call.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

:salt:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

rex rabidorum vires posted:

What a dumpster fire on defense. OH loving LOOK IAN COLE TURNOVER LEADING TO A GOAL AGAINST I loving HATE YOU IAN

Two gassed guys skating forward in a straight line prove too much of a mental challenge.

Good job from Pageau and Phaneuf to try and coax out the equalizer aaaaaaaaaand it looks like Malkin may well draw it.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
I wonder how many after whistle shots Geno can take on Ottawa players before he gets a call?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I just got home so I haven't seen any of the game. Guess it's not our best night eh?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Who was it that killed Letang, because gently caress that guy forever

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
lol smith

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

apophenium posted:

I too have not been following this series but holy poo poo! Are the pens done?!?!

Honestly probably. It'll only be 2-1 Sens after this game but the pens have injuries to Hornqvist, Rust and Schultz (and Letang is out for the season). I just don't see them winning unless they get real healthy real quick.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

fwiw i wasn't being sarcastic. if you can get away with that poo poo and score, more power to you. i wish the pens were doing that right now

running murray is bullshit though, sens can gently caress off for that poo poo being up 5-0

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Look Around You posted:

Honestly probably. It'll only be 2-1 Sens after this game but the pens have injuries to Hornqvist, Rust and Schultz (and Letang is out for the season). I just don't see them winning unless they get real healthy real quick.

I haven't seen the game and I'm gonna take an educated guess and say we've been real bad but we realistically only need to win one in Ottawa and just win our other home games. Doesn't sound too unlikely to me tbh.

If they lose game 4 they're probably done though

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Godinster posted:

I wonder how many after whistle shots Geno can take on Ottawa players before he gets a call?

All of them.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

fwiw i wasn't being sarcastic. if you can get away with that poo poo and score, more power to you. i wish the pens were doing that right now

running murray is bullshit though, sens can gently caress off for that poo poo being up 5-0

If he wanted to run him he probably should have been going faster than a tip-over crawl

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
I hope the Sens win so that my Pens in 6 comes true for my bracket.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Not sure he ran him, I think he just lost where he was on the ice / tried not to get brained by a puck and blundered into him.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Look Around You posted:

gently caress that, the scoreboard might be worse, but the pens looked way worse against the caps and still won that series

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

apophenium posted:

nah, early MAF goal set the tone, and if they can win game 4 it's certainly within reach.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

JawKnee posted:

If he wanted to run him he probably should have been going faster than a tip-over crawl

you ever seen phil kessel run?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Ginette Reno posted:

I haven't seen the game and I'm gonna take an educated guess and say we've been real bad but we realistically only need to win one in Ottawa and just win our other home games. Doesn't sound too unlikely to me tbh.

If they lose game 4 they're probably done though

The D look horrifying but the forwards and goaltenders still have more than enough fucks to give.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Its time to unleash our omega plan, give Matt Cooke some money and some sharpened skates and lets Tonya Harding this series.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Missed the first two periods but just want to say that a 5-0 lead for the Sens is cool and good

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK
Sweet the not Doc guy agreed that the refs are lovely, so I can pretend it's just a conspiracy to make the pans lose, and not that our defense was lifted whole from a "D" league team in Rostraver.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

you ever seen phil kessel run?

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

So do the pens take a run at shattenkirk this offseason? I mean they need to do something about their depth at D behind Letang and (to a lesser extent) Schultz.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

So yeah. Pretty sure at this point I am the only child in my Dad's will.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

gently caress that, the scoreboard might be worse, but the pens looked way worse against the caps and still won that series

I can't even get mad. If we're out of gas, whatever. It happens. Amazing to get this far without Letang.

also kind of a problem that Letang is *this* important though. They should probably throw every spare dollar at Shattenkirk.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

flakeloaf posted:

The D look horrifying but the forwards and goaltenders still have more than enough fucks to give.

I agree but the forwards have been bad since game 5 in Washington. They've had two good games out of 7 since then. Not good enough.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

if we're going to lose tonight (we are), i'd rather it be a blowout like this than a heartbreaking 1-goal game. think it's easier to shake off and rebound from, not as emotionally draining

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The fact the game is on Friday and not Saturday @ 3pm est is huge for the Pens. Ottawa is all about that Saturday matinee

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

bunnyofdoom posted:

So yeah. Pretty sure at this point I am the only child in my Dad's will.

Let me restate how jealous I am. Happy birthday to your dad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

Ginette Reno posted:

I can't even get mad. If we're out of gas, whatever. It happens. Amazing to get this far without Letang.

also kind of a problem that Letang is *this* important though. They should probably throw every spare dollar at Shattenkirk.
Screw that! Engellund, Ferrence, and Scuderi are all UFA's. I. Sure the pens can land at least 3 of those guys.

• Locked thread