Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Part 43 - Park - 87.7% Complete
Bonus 2 - Vehicles Showcase - Emergency

We complete the Park, leaving the mainland nearly done, and see a new completed set- the first set of vehicles!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Part 44 - Blackwell Manor 2 and Moonbase Clearout - 88.2% Complete

We complete the final story mission levels, leaving just the open world stuff left to finish. Nearly done!

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!
Lego City is the hero Open-World games needed.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Part 45 - Tunnel Snakes and Jeff Bridges - 89.1
Bonus 3 - Vehicles Showcase - Performance

We explore the connective tissue of Lego City, the parts that hold the three main islands together - the final bridge and the two tunnels. Also we just got all the performance cars so I show off how they look and handle.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Lego City and Mercenaries 1 are my favorite open world game areas thus far. The latter because you can find the Death Star Plans and other fun collectibles. This one because there's just so much stuff to do. :)

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Part 46 - Albatross Island Cleanup - 91.7%

We complete the first of the outlying islands in Lego City - Albatross Island Prison!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Part 47 - Apollo Island Cleanup - 95.1%

There are bonus videos, but I will be uploading them tonight as I am working today and do not have time.

We are very very close to being finished. :)

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
How do you qualify Dunby as a bad cop though? Yes he's an rear end and a glory hog but he's not corrupt like the prison warden and he does at least admit to his failings in the story mode.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I'm probably being somewhat unfair to him, I''m mainly considering how long it took him to get the Bluebell Mine thing. He's not all that bright at least.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Bonus 4 - Worker and Heavy Vehicles, and Aircraft Showcase
Bonus 5 - Service Workers Showcase

Here are the bonuses attached to the last video. :)

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

BioEnchanted posted:

I'm probably being somewhat unfair to him, I''m mainly considering how long it took him to get the Bluebell Mine thing. He's not all that bright at least.

In fairness, most of the LEGO City Police are incompetent. Even Chase and Ellie, the most incompetent of the force, have their moments of idiocy.

It's just that the criminals are just as prone to incompetence as them.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Part 48 - Lady Liberty Island - 98.3%

We finally hit an area that we've seen from literally the opening cutscene - Lady Liberty! The arbiter of the final one of each of the collectibles. All we have left after this are 19 Gold Bricks. I wonder where they could be...

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Bonus 6 - Cops and Robbers Showcase
Bonus 7 - Miners, Astronauts, Farmers, Firemen and Construction Worker Showcase
Bonus 8 - Special Characters

Showcases for all remaining CHaracter Tokens - just vids left, remaining Vehicles, then the finale! :)

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I'm still not quite sure what the characters can actually do since you just jump out the booth before jumping back in. What are the special abilities of the characters assuming they're not purely cosmetic?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I believe most of them are purely cosmetic, I think that the most you get are things like the detective using a magnifying glass when using the evidence trails instead of a tablet, but there are just too many characters so I've never had an in-depth look at all of them as most of them are just pallette-swaps.

Actually I just looked it up and it seems like it is just mild animation changes from the default poses. I did try to show off how they pose.

Edit: I'm sorry the character showcases haven't been as thorough as the vehicles, but bear in mind that there are soo many more of them...

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Sep 1, 2017

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Bonus 9 - Vehicles

Our final bonus - the final sets of vehicles. Sorry the character token ones were underwhelming but there isn't much too them, any changes are mainly in how they hold themselves and outside of rare exceptions they get overwritten by the default animations anyway. Still, next video is our grand finale, so look forward to that!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Part 49 - Finale - 100% Complete!
Part 50 - Bonus Missions (Not counted towards final percentage)

Our final two videos - Part 50 is an extra bonus showing off the secret in the police station garage - in certain Lego sets there was a free code to be used in the game, one of apparently 3 codes that would work.

They unlock two final vehicles that can be bought at the Police Station basement - the Justice, which is the final Police car/Emergency vehicle, and the Spirit, the final Performance vehicle.

Jump into the Justice, and a thief takes the other one and a chase ensues like all the others. Arresting the thief gets you the Justice Vehicle Token.

Jump into the Spirit, and you are the thief, resulting in the hardest Vehicle Robbery in the game, as all sorts of cop cars start spawning and it gets kinda crazy, but getting to the destination garage, which is at the airport, the furthest possible garage on the map, and unlock the Spirit vehicle token. These tokens do not effect the percentage at all, it remains strictly at 100% regardless.

I never did those missions before recording that video.

If anyone has any final thoughts, either about the game or the LP, I'd love to hear them. I will be submitting the thread to Baldurk for archival on Monday afternoon.

Also at final count - the collectibles only counted towards 59.5% - a full 40.5% came from buying them at the Police Station. That's kinda ridiculous!

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Sep 2, 2017

Lulti
Nov 28, 2016
You should have totally done a loop-the-loop or a stunt ramp while in Super Minifigure form.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

They're miles out of the way though. Most of them are all the way north, or on Apollo island so it didn't even cross my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Congrats on finishing. I look forward to your next project, whatever it may be.

• Locked thread