Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Is anyone here a bank robbing clown?

That line still gets me ROFL every time I hear it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Fine, no echo here. Could be a speaker setup difference like you said.

Looking forward to the rest of the game.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Phone booths used to be *the* place Clark Kent changed into Superman. He could change clothes fast enough in there that privacy wasn't a concern. Although how nobody ever connected Clark disappearing into one and Superman coming out, I have no idea.

The phone booths in this game are obviously a reference to that.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I'm still hoping for a Medieval Times Lego game at some point with all the knights, dragons, and pirates sets. Those sets were my favorite when I was a kid.

And Lego LOTR and Pirates of the Caribbean weren't enough btw. I want something original.

[watches video]

Ah, Mikey Spoilers. Fun guy. Real good to play poker with, if you're looking to beat him and piss off the whole table. At least he always pays when you have dinner out, one way or another. Just make sure you're caught up on all the latest TV shows and movie franchises (or not, if you're too lazy to watch them like me).

achtungnight fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jun 5, 2017

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
This lego game is probably my all time favorite just for the humor. Ride a horse backwards, get dynamite from vending machines, chicken gliding, and now stealing a robot dinosaur for a rampage through the city!

Wonder if Chase knows any polka music.

achtungnight fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Jun 25, 2017

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Don't worry, there are more fun things than riding the T-Rex coming up. Surprising but true.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Please tell me that bad celebrity impersonator won't be back.

(Yes, that was an intentional line.)

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I always laugh at "Um, sir, your camera's off angle again, and it's really distorting your voice."

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I doubt you'll be able to accomplish the collection roundup in one video. I will continue watching. Keep up the good work!

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Splitting sounds good to me.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Well, there is the fact that Rex always has his muscles on display. Oh, and the weights in his prison cell. So if you think like a detective and have seen those handles in other Lego games, you might be able to guess.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Knight Rider. I remember and love that show. They hacked and wrecked enough self-driving smart cars in Fate of the Furious to turn me off them as a good idea, but drat it, I still want my KITT!

:)

On topic, I wish more of the many characters we pick up in LEGO City had special abilities. Mikey Spoilers could see secrets without a cheat activated, Chief Dunby could throw donuts, Vinnie could have a unique idle animation where he eats an ice cream cone. Maybe that last one is still in? Collection is fun and all, but collecting clones is kinda boring.

Then again, I guess it'd be really hard to think up unique abilities for all these LEGO figures besides the looks.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Lego City and Mercenaries 1 are my favorite open world game areas thus far. The latter because you can find the Death Star Plans and other fun collectibles. This one because there's just so much stuff to do. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Congrats on finishing. I look forward to your next project, whatever it may be.

• Locked thread