Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah I've had that with heavy weapons. It's driving me nuts.

Between that and getting 7 arms in 2 resets I'm really loving the rng atm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

BlindSite posted:

Yeah I've had that with heavy weapons. It's driving me nuts.

Between that and getting 7 arms in 2 resets I'm really loving the rng atm.

We are still 6 months to a year from full implementation of Rise Of Iron quality of life changes.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Got Lord of Wolves from a Spider bounty. It's really good but the ammo reserves are kinda low. Ran out of ammo a bunch of times even with 2 special ammo finder mods. You definitely need shotgun reserve perks to run it.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

We are still 6 months to a year from full implementation of Rise Of Iron quality of life changes.

It'll be good for 3 months before they announce d3stiny3

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

CheeseFactory posted:

Also add to the pile the dickhead who hired Devrims voice actor.

FANCY A SPOT OF TEA PIP PIP CHEERIO GUVNOR GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

thebardyspoon posted:

Anyone got any tips for the crucible?

die less
the efficiency rating at the end of the match is bullshit. know your actual kd because if you're dying more than you're killing you're a detriment to the team. assists are worth 0 points.
dont be me, play the objective
map knowledge, fire up a private solo game to wander around
stick to your meat shield pubbies
abuse the meta. bungie doesn't care so you shouldn't either
pvp in this game is bad, enjoy it for what it is

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Impact is nuts, + increasing damage on consecutive strikes + ammo back on kills. Impact boost at loss of ammo but Backup Mag mod lol Very happy with random rolls :)

Literal Hamster
Mar 11, 2012

YOSPOS
Is there some trick to killing The Fanatic? I can't even take off a quarter of his health before I get murdered.

I exceed the recommended power level by 5 points, should I maybe get a higher power level and try again?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Literal Hamster posted:

Is there some trick to killing The Fanatic? I can't even take off a quarter of his health before I get murdered.

I exceed the recommended power level by 5 points, should I maybe get a higher power level and try again?

Hide behind the pillars, when a death circle shows up run away.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

xzzy posted:

Hide behind the pillars, when a death circle shows up run away.
Yeah, look at the floor. Assuming you are on console, the porthole FOV means you might miss the big circle on the floor electrocuting you

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Tried the first raid boss tonight for a couple hours. Fun fight but we were all below 551 which I think is where there's no damage penalty, so we couldn't do much boss damage. Sleeper + well of radiance + sentinel shield would do like 130K a shot though.

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003

thebardyspoon posted:

Ok that actually does help, cheers guys.

Also use a build that works for you. I go with 6-7 resilience typically cause I find I perform better with just a bit more health. Especially with Forsaken since ttks are much lower than previously.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Gotta get that capture flags bounty!
https://xboxclips.com/MeatBishop/a279d613-e3ca-49f9-aeb1-999f4e5d237a

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
good loot night tonight

the sniper is a little clunky but reasonably quick for it's archetype. it's surprisingly enjoyable and let's me use IA since I can't get a Bygones with a serviceable roll. haven't crucibled with the MI yet but it's the roll I've wanted since day 1

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Maker Of Shoes posted:

since I can't get a Bygones with a serviceable roll

Drifter's curated roll (Full Auto + Kill Clip) is really good.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I'm not a big fan of FA but I'll probably have to go for it. I admittedly don't play much Gambit as I don't find it super fun

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

About Gambit:

It continue surprising me how much is this game about burst damage. A losing game can turn into a victory because two people coordinated their supers in a good moment, and then the primal is dead. You don't lose until you lose. Even if you lose 1 game, you can still win.
In other game modes if you start losing, you will probably continue losing, and changing that is going to be hard.

The mode remark how bad is people at taking strategic decisions in the heat of combat. And the game is so much about it.

I think what can save this game mode is to compile a list of rules and give these rules to people, so people play logical (even if they are not flexible enough to use interesting oportunities). The way is played now, is almos random who wins or lose, because huge strategic mistakes are made every few seconds. Is like playing a MOBA where nobody know their hero yet.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Tei posted:

The mode remark how bad is people at taking strategic decisions in the heat of combat. And the game is so much about it.

"You've got enough for a Primeval! Bank those motes!"

*I stand near the starting area for at least one minute while my idiot team full on motes runs to another part of the map to kill adds*

*my team loses the match by two seconds*

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
The problem is if you summon your primeval and kill the envoys to get the buff, the other team gets it too.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Daric posted:

The problem is if you summon your primeval and kill the envoys to get the buff, the other team gets it too.

This seems like you want to wait to bank until the other team has done things for a while so you can then alpha strike the primeval easier.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

This seems like you want to wait to bank until the other team has done things for a while so you can then alpha strike the primeval easier.

You've already lost if you're not playing to objective with the hope things will be a tinsy bit easier later.

If nothing else, let the enemy team blow their heavy and supers on invading while there's no Primeval damage to be healed.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

1. Gambit is a race. Forgetting that means you lose.

2. Gambit is full of trolls to get you to waste time, ammo, and supers. Learn them, stop falling for them.

3. If you can't delete a blocker in 5 seconds, gently caress off and go kill adds. Do not get into some long primary battle.

4. Invading is good, but exponentially better when there's motes to deny or a boss to heal. Invading under suboptimal conditions can ultimately hurt your boss dps if you're exhausting ammo.

5. Unless you're neck-and-neck during dps or can reliably deny Idk say 30 motes, never super while invading. Save it for the boss.

6. Never use heavy to kill adds while collecting motes. Your standard weapons and abilities should more than suffice. Save it for the boss and invaders.

7. Don't attack your boss after summoning. Hang back and kill the trash adds, keep invaders ineffectual. At Slayer x3, dump out hard and fast.

8. Save supers between rounds if you can, then pop it at the start of the next. Get a jumpstart on motes and it should be recharged by the time your boss is out.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

cvnvcnv posted:

You've already lost if you're not playing to objective with the hope things will be a tinsy bit easier later.

If nothing else, let the enemy team blow their heavy and supers on invading while there's no Primeval damage to be healed.

Oh definitely, I meant sit at 74, wait for them to waste things on the Envoy, then kill the Primeval with your own supers/heavies off their backs. I'm looking forward to Gambit this weekend. I'm getting those handcannon kills god drat it

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

Oh definitely, I meant sit at 74, wait for them to waste things on the Envoy, then kill the Primeval with your own supers/heavies off their backs. I'm looking forward to Gambit this weekend. I'm getting those handcannon kills god drat it

Yeah, if you're that super close and your team is good that's a viable strategy. But if you're ahead by any real measure, I say keep sprinting.

Good luck with the kills!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Gambit was made for missile titans. The heals from skullfort make you basically invincible and the ground pound obliterates entire waves. If you want a dedicated mote collector make it that guy.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Which is this?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I thought it was going to take me forever to get my gambit hand cannon kills, but I got 2 in one round and 3 in the next because of some range-heavy high impact HC I got, so I feel like I lucked out.

I then celebrated by queuing into a round where my team only had 25 motes banked while the enemy primeval was out. I got two Army of One medals in two invasions, but my team banked exactly zero motes in that time, which was extremely deflating.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Mile'ionaha posted:

Which is this?

erentil fr4 with rangefinder and under pressure, which is a hilariously broken perk in crucible because you spawn with 2 rounds so the perk is always active.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
poo poo I never thought about that part

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

xzzy posted:

erentil fr4 with rangefinder and under pressure, which is a hilariously broken perk in crucible because you spawn with 2 rounds so the perk is always active.

Time to dump 2000 gunsmith parts

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Not sure it's worth that kind of sperging, the perk is good but not pivotal.

In my second gif though you can see the bolt spread is almost non-existent (though the vertical recoil helps with that too). I think that's mostly an effect of the range stat but stability helps a bit with that too.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
https://i.imgur.com/YEJJ77U.gifv

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
https://i.imgur.com/HeyCUe4.gifv

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
ahahahahahaha`

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

quote:

Heroic Adventures

Fixed an issue where Barons were providing Legendary rewards outside of Heroic adventures

Barons in Heroic adventures now reward one guaranteed Legendary per day

Subsequent kills grant Legendary rewards at a reduced rate

Weapons/Items

Fixed an issue where players can get stuck with the Origin Story or the Last Dance weapons if they use the character level boost after obtaining them in Homecoming

Fixed an issue where BrayTech Legendary Scout Rifle dismantled into Mod Components

Dreaming City

The Offering to the Oracle now sorts to the Pursuits bucket, rather than Consumables

Removed the weekly bounty that required players to redeem an Offering for the Oracle

The Dreaming City weekly challenge now requires only two weekly bounty completions

Fixed an issue where some enemies would improperly spawn chests after being killed

Players can no longer obtain Dreaming City rewards when repeating the mission “Awakening” 

Fixed an issue where Telesto could be used to accelerate progression of objectives in the Blind Well

Gambit

Players may now progress the “Cayde’s Will” quest step by defeating either invaders or general enemies with Hand Cannons 

Turned off rejoin functionality in Gambit

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Rip a lot of good stuff lol

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Hey Bone Krew I’m going to be on tonight if anyone would be willing to help me with the ascendant challenge. I have 2 quests to complete it right now so I’d like to make the most of that.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

Gambit

Players may now progress the “Cayde’s Will” quest step by defeating either invaders or general enemies with Hand Cannons

I mean I'm still on 2 myself because I haven't hopped back in so cool I guess but lol that enough people couldn't shoot mans

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Perhaps the only dude to miss this badly with a sleeper
https://twitter.com/blind_rasputin/status/1042814818346983424?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
was thinking of buying Foreskin, but had a question for the PS4 crew first. Do people mostly use Discord for voice chat or the PS4 party chat? My PS4 mic is broken and I don't feel like buying a replacement but I've got a PC headset that works fine