Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mill Village posted:

Grenade Launchers do this in IB too. It’s so frustrating.

At least I have rockets to swap back to in there now but it's quite the 180 going from having a poo poo-eating grin due to seeing a whole team grouped up looking the other way then getting blown the gently caress out :v:

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Sep 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The only use for grenade launchers are

1) 150rpm launchers with prox and rampage for add clearing in pve

2) 150rpm launchers with spike nades for boss nuking

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The only use for grenade launchers are

1) 150rpm launchers with prox and rampage for add clearing in pve

2) 150rpm launchers with spike nades for boss nuking

Well I barely invade anyway because I spec more for pve in Gambit and I tend to get one-shot more than I get kills so I know to stay at home unless no one is bothering but at least it's nice to know I can throw that in the trash lol

e: 13 override frequencies to go!

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Sep 23, 2018

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Power matters against other players in Gambit.

https://twitter.com/Cozmo23/status/1038140293416013824

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Roman posted:

Power matters against other players in Gambit.

https://twitter.com/Cozmo23/status/1038140293416013824

I know, but we were roughly even.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
https://twitter.com/dril/status/1043940128438153216?s=19

Same but bagging

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

What mod should I put on my vendor'd Bygones? Counterbalance or Targetting Adjuster?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Astrochicken posted:

What mod should I put on my vendor'd Bygones? Counterbalance or Targetting Adjuster?

My first game with the CB mod today lol

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Huh well gambit is neat. Has the mote economy already been optimized by internet numbers weirds? Not playing with anyone in particular so I can't really coordinate anything but it would be nice to know.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Huh well gambit is neat. Has the mote economy already been optimized by internet numbers weirds? Not playing with anyone in particular so I can't really coordinate anything but it would be nice to know.

Yeah you load all the motes in an Ikelos shotgun and shoot the primevil

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah you load all the motes in an Ikelos shotgun and shoot the primevil

Sounds tight.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Joined a game in progress where the other team kicked 9 phalanxes at us in about twenty seconds. :v:

e: Second game had me, two single randoms, against a four stack. It didn't even fill out the team. We almost won.

e: Stop giving me the rando team of 500s against 4 stacks of 540 to 560 holy poo poo

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Sep 23, 2018

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

My first game with the CB mod today lol

Did you get the raid pulse from the chest? It's pretty good.

I had a very good last game with it but in all fairness I had 15 sleeper kills so

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

The premade teams I've played against tend to play high risk and not bank until at least two of them have 15 to bank for heavy blockers, which they'll dump simultaneously, and then invade you while you can't dump. This works more often than not, but is a real high risk move if you're solo queueing. It's not a failsafe win button, and there isn't one in Gambit, which is nice. I've beaten premade groups that do this with randos.

The only thing I wouldn't recommend is just blowing motes on small blockers all the time, as those mobs are burned down really easily. The solid strategy is block the other team's poo poo up and immediately invade to cause mote loss while they can't bank.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I have yet to get any of the gambit weapons, really want that Bygones.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
In my opinion, small blockers are actually the best ones to send over because they take more time to kill and can blast you out of cover and/or to your death.

They're balanced around the fact that taking fifteen round trips to drop off 5 motes is really bad!

Ogres are large but barely do any damage, and die to 4 Ikelos rounds.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

In my opinion, small blockers are actually the best ones to send over because they take more time to kill and can blast you out of cover and/or to your death.

They're balanced around the fact that taking fifteen round trips to drop off 5 motes is really bad!

Phalanx shields suck if there are several too, they tend to overlap.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I look at it like, if your teammates are also dumping small & medium blockers, more adds sent over is good. Otherwise, anyone with a sniper or combat bow can take out the small blocker adds real quick. But yea, I like Gambit for this reason, there doesn't seem to be any real exploitable strategy to win all the time. Just haul rear end, don't die, kill the red bad guy when you get invaded.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's pretty funny when my team has been off collecting motes and get back to the center and there's like 5 small blockers chilling out there.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Emron posted:

I have yet to get any of the gambit weapons, really want that Bygones.

You want a Trust as well. It’s 180rpm so it’s a bit weaker than the Ace of Spades or the Duke but it’s fun in PVE. I have one with Rapid Hit and it’s a laser beam.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I think a mix of all 3 is best, but small are more annoying than the others.

Ophidia Spathe Blade Junkie, all I gotta do is throw throw - gymnastics - throw throw to kill a knight or ogre in a few seconds having expended nothing but the Cabal will shield at the last moment and gently caress that momentum.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm actually really impressed with how well thought out Gambit is, you just can't single it.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I got 2 trusts in 2 drops on Saturday. Also got the auto rifle with rampage from gambit. Both are really loving nice.

Counter balance is really important for the go figure and for the IB pulse which seems to shred.

Good day for mods. Gonna buy a bunch.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Chest of inmost is pretty cool. Getting an ability off gives around half a melee and grenade charge.

You can also throw a grenade and pop your shield and it'll do increased damage which is really strong on pulses. It seems like it'll be pretty strong in pve too.

Tried out the sentinel gloves too. They're pretty good for getting super energy back. I blocked a mob of adds for my whole super and got another super back right away.

Just want the one eyed mask.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv posted:

Oh poo poo.

This morning I got the oh so popular Go Figure roll of Outlaw and Kill Clip (and HCR :hist101:) to drop so this is perfect timing.

This thing is pretty vile in Crucible. Wow.

But I do need to try this new IB pulse. Only have one, Rampage and Headseeker. Could be worse.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

This thing is pretty vile in Crucible. Wow.

But I do need to try this new IB pulse. Only have one, Rampage and Headseeker. Could be worse.

I got pretty close to a perfect roll. Step ahead, ricochet rounds which fixes the range, full auto. Gonna throw a CB on it.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

All 3 characters to the city and 500+.
Not one exotic found across all 3.

This is legitimately infuriating.

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003
I’ve got a high caliber kill clip and head seeker on a IB pulse with a counterbalance mod but I miss full auto on it.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Blind well is really fun, it's a great horde mode imo. Got that seed of light so now I need to see what subclass I want next.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Spent way too much time on the Spine and Mist badge for Corsair Down and my reward for that one was a blue and 2 dark fragments.

You can get purples from those but don't bust your rear end doing them.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

All 3 characters to the city and 500+.
Not one exotic found across all 3.

This is legitimately infuriating.

I've got 3 so far.

Furiosa
Inmost

Aaaaand

Risk runner.

That's doing all but 1 of the weekly powerful drops in that time. Just gotta keep grinding.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I got the queenbreaker and twin tailed fox but no armors

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I got a Lion Rampant I keep telling myself I'll use but never will

I sharded my Y2 Aeon Safe instantly

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I’ve gotten my warlock from 385 all the way to the dreaming city and 530 light without a single exotic either. My Titan got three or four, but its smallpox syndrome all the way over here now.

Mr. Kurtz
Feb 22, 2007

Here comes the hurdy gurdy man.
There is a knife for you. It is shaped liked [Edge Transit].

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

PathAsc posted:

Blind well is really fun, it's a great horde mode imo. Got that seed of light so now I need to see what subclass I want next.

I dig how it rewards running around using supers by giving your bros the means to getting more supers. Not everyone's figured it out but enough have.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I did the whisper of the worm quest tonight and it was fun and nerve wracking and really cool

But the catalyst process is a bit silly.

Big thanks to uberingram and porklegrunch who probably have forum usernames that are entirely different!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I'm up to 1150 glory points

I can do it, I can hit 2100 for the luna's howl, I believe in myself

e; also stacking up a winstreak in rumble then going onto competitive really helps with grinding valor, especially with the x2 weekend, I got an entire reset from 0-2000 tonight

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Sep 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaceships
Aug 4, 2005

i love too dumptruck

guacamole aficionado
i traded in the game way back because it was so unbelievably boring, but since it became free on ps+, i now have access to everything outside of forsaken. is it worth a buy y/n