Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
i can't put down tlw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So I've just come back to this after playing maybe the first DLC and there's so much that's different now.

I'm trying to get my head around the gear upgrade mechanics because I swear that before it just required an item if the same type, a higher power level and legendary shards.

Basically, I'm at power level 350 or so and I have a Merciless (which is now a secondary rather than power weapon?) which is power 334. I quite like using this as it still sorta melts through things but I don't wanna have it hold me back.

What should I generally do? Is it fairly easy to get another one every so often with higher specs rather than go the route of grinding for upgrade items?

Edit: it also looks like I can rebuy every puce of gear I've picked up already. Is it worthwhile just liquidating all the items in my vault because they're all under level 350?

Kin fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jun 16, 2019

DXH
Dec 8, 2003

Ne Cede Malis

Kin posted:

So I've just come back to this after playing maybe the first DLC and there's so much that's different now.

I'm trying to get my head around the gear upgrade mechanics because I swear that before it just required an item if the same type, a higher power level and legendary shards.

Basically, I'm at power level 350 or so and I have a Merciless (which is now a secondary rather than power weapon?) which is power 334. I quite like using this as it still sorta melts through things but I don't wanna have it hold me back.

What should I generally do? Is it fairly easy to get another one every so often with higher specs rather than go the route of grinding for upgrade items?

Edit: it also looks like I can rebuy every puce of gear I've picked up already. Is it worthwhile just liquidating all the items in my vault because they're all under level 350?

By first DLC do you mean curse of Osiris or Black Armory? Sounds like your power levels are at y1 levels. Go to Benedict the friendly sweeper bot in the tower annex and pick up the power surge quest (imperial summons?) to get up to 690. Don’t shard the blues you get as quest awards from this quest chain btw, infuse them into your gear to get everything up to 690 LL.

You can pull out y1 gear to your heart’s content as well as any y1 exotics you’ve already found with a curated perk roll. So if you need shards/cores then yeah liquidate everything.

So does eye of the storm on austringer deal with the horrible console/controller bloom or did they fix 140s/150s

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

is the service revolver not currently obtainable? I haven't unlocked it previously so it's not in my loot pool and missed the S6 40 strikes to unlock thing.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

DXH posted:

By first DLC do you mean curse of Osiris or Black Armory? Sounds like your power levels are at y1 levels. Go to Benedict the friendly sweeper bot in the tower annex and pick up the power surge quest (imperial summons?) to get up to 690. Don’t shard the blues you get as quest awards from this quest chain btw, infuse them into your gear to get everything up to 690 LL.

You can pull out y1 gear to your heart’s content as well as any y1 exotics you’ve already found with a curated perk roll. So if you need shards/cores then yeah liquidate everything.

So does eye of the storm on austringer deal with the horrible console/controller bloom or did they fix 140s/150s

Osiris I think, though I also recall doing some story quests with the rasputin warmind too? . I read about the benedict npc but I can't seem to get access to that area of the annex.

There's a fake wall blocking the passage.

When forsaken came out I did the first story Misson on that and I think that's basically where I left off. After the base game I didn't really put too much effort into maxing out my level though hence why I'm still roughly at 350.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

kecske posted:

is the service revolver not currently obtainable? I haven't unlocked it previously so it's not in my loot pool and missed the S6 40 strikes to unlock thing.

If you didn't previously unlock it then yes it's gone for now.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://twitter.com/IM4SONICE/status/1139663458511872002

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

LoL ok it’s not just me then. I played Comp for like an hour last night and never got a feel for how to counter LoW.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Kin posted:

Osiris I think, though I also recall doing some story quests with the rasputin warmind too? . I read about the benedict npc but I can't seem to get access to that area of the annex.

There's a fake wall blocking the passage.

When forsaken came out I did the first story Misson on that and I think that's basically where I left off. After the base game I didn't really put too much effort into maxing out my level though hence why I'm still roughly at 350.

Finish the forsaken campaign to unlock all the patrol zones and new NPCs and then you can talk the the robot dude in the annex for your power boost

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

kecske posted:

In the pre-season stuff they said there's an issue which meant it wasn't in the pool as soon as the seasons switched, but it will be available to everyone soon. I'm saving all my tokens for that myself.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Bust Rodd posted:

LoL ok it’s not just me then. I played Comp for like an hour last night and never got a feel for how to counter LoW.

Jumping off a cliff is always a good option in crucible imho

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
it's weird, a bunch of people keep getting lost in strikes and end up in lost sectors but I keep helping them out by running forward and killing myself

some day they will know da way

https://i.imgur.com/Kr1w43R.gifv

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

For the new fusion in pvp I'm guessing tap the trigger and rangefinder is best?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Can the menagerie fusions even get charge mw?

I got one with back up plan and under pressure. Not sure if there's something significantly better I should farm for.

Does accelerated coils increase the bolts to kill for this archetype?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

actionjackson posted:

Can the menagerie fusions even get charge mw?

I got one with back up plan and under pressure. Not sure if there's something significantly better I should farm for.

Does accelerated coils increase the bolts to kill for this archetype?

They can if you don't use the third rune and just roll it fully randomly

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

moist turtleneck posted:

it's weird, a bunch of people keep getting lost in strikes and end up in lost sectors but I keep helping them out by running forward and killing myself

some day they will know da way

https://i.imgur.com/Kr1w43R.gifv

a true hero in these trying times

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
it's piss easy to change the date on your console and that will stop you from matchmaking with others, but you can still join the strike playlist and then go farm lost sectors solo

anyone who matches with randoms and then goes and farms anyway is a dumb jerk

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
If they're farming lost sectors that's more kills along the regular route for me.

I wonder if they keep statistics on weapon usage in strikes somewhere that suddenly shows fighting lion overtake everything else combined overnight.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Mazerunner posted:

it's piss easy to change the date on your console and that will stop you from matchmaking with others, but you can still join the strike playlist and then go farm lost sectors solo

anyone who matches with randoms and then goes and farms anyway is a dumb jerk

What the pubbies going to do... report me?? Lol when they check my strike stats and see twice as many kills and orbs made, Bungie ain’t going to say poo poo.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Paracelsus posted:

If they're farming lost sectors that's more kills along the regular route for me.

I wonder if they keep statistics on weapon usage in strikes somewhere that suddenly shows fighting lion overtake everything else combined overnight.

They absolutely do, they used to post weapon usage graphs when talking about the thinking behind sandbox updates. It wasn't even a surprise either, the idea behind this quest was clearly "let's make everyone use grenade launchers for a week or two".

haveblue fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jun 16, 2019

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Zoned into a dreaming city strike where the two others playing were in the blind well and it spawned me there.

Farming bounties in blind well with arc singe and heavyweight is :discourse:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Playing against someone who's good at sniping and using beloved with no distractions, on firebase echo is annoying as poo poo. pretty much impossible to get the heavy.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

actionjackson posted:

firebase echo is annoying as poo poo.

:agreed:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Yeah but try doing that on console where recoil actually exists.

Evwn with a XIM i still did 10 times better with a traverifle.

But yeah its broken on PC

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

pc has recoil

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Turkey Farts posted:

pc has recoil

Lol, sure.

Also does anyone have that levelling.jpeg that was floating around one of my mates irl if getting back into d2 and it'll save me some typing.

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

Lol

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Turkey Farts posted:

pc has recoil

I remember watching the raid the the recluse being used to shoot the crystals at scout rifles range.

So yeah loving right.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Hey thread, I got the annual pass and have discovered that Destiny 2 is definitely good now. I play on PS4, handle is Donovan_Trip. I've never done a raid in this game or any of the high level stuff, is there a discord to join? I was in one of the goon clans at launch but it is completely dead, six pages of users that aren't playing anymore. Is there another one I should join?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Turkey Farts posted:

pc has recoil

Hell yeah PC has big time recoil

Retarded
Excitable
Children
Oblivious to
Its
Lameness

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Donovan Trip posted:

Hey thread, I got the annual pass and have discovered that Destiny 2 is definitely good now. I play on PS4, handle is Donovan_Trip. I've never done a raid in this game or any of the high level stuff, is there a discord to join? I was in one of the goon clans at launch but it is completely dead, six pages of users that aren't playing anymore. Is there another one I should join?
The main ps4 clan is full so you will have to wait until space becomes available, I’m in the same boat

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
guys Truth is really funny and the prox det is d1 pre nerf

https://i.imgur.com/ShKWTVn.gifv

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

deckgibson posted:

The main ps4 clan is full so you will have to wait until space becomes available, I’m in the same boat

Well hmu, I'll play with ya

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Okay before the sale is over, what should I buy? I have Destiny 2 and (I guess?) the first two expansions. I’m probably going to buy Forsaken. What about the annual pass? I mostly solo play with a little matchmaking on the side. Is the pass worth it for me?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Kilometers Davis posted:

Okay before the sale is over, what should I buy? I have Destiny 2 and (I guess?) the first two expansions. I’m probably going to buy Forsaken. What about the annual pass? I mostly solo play with a little matchmaking on the side. Is the pass worth it for me?

Black Armoury and the Menagerie are matchmade activities and reward some great loot, I'd say it's worth it at this stage.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
https://i.imgur.com/ABaiRT0.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/3QY9FPx.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/wwhmbMv.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/Kf3IgOu.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/DQiU7R9.gifv

Snipers used from beginning to end: Twilight Oath, Erentil, Revoker

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
:shepicide:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Goddammit, I need more imperials so I can roll erentil forever

Can't even play this week as I'm gone until Friday

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Donovan Trip posted:

Feel free to hang out in the Discord linked in the OP.

We always make sure people who participate get added to the main clan group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Just bought the pass but haven't played since Forsaken, is there a list of things I should be doing that are good and/or fun? I know there are some bounties I can grab to boost my power level but is there any cool quests or w/e from the previews months that I should be doing/looking out for?