Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Actually gently caress it. Here's a link.

https://discord.gg/Vf2HP8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Fifty Three posted:

oh cool, this argument again

(an Xbox wouldn't come with a monitor or speakers either but also lol at assuming piracy is involved to hit a price point)

The non-tv haver has arrived

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Bungie finally activates cross save so I can get my characters to my couch and I come into the console thread and pc gamers are doing the pc gamer thing.

e: if I only buy forsaken for PS4 will it just lower me to the old cap and lock out content if I try to play on PC?

big nipples big life fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Aug 22, 2019

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
We must secure the existence of our PCs and a future without consoles

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

big nipples big life posted:

Bungie finally activates cross save so I can get my characters to my couch and I come into the console thread and pc gamers are doing the pc gamer thing.

e: if I only buy forsaken for PS4 will it just lower me to the old cap and lock out content if I try to play on PC?

Any gear you currently have will be available on your new platform, but you won't be able to join any activities you haven't paid for. So if you somehow had base D2, you couldn't go to the tangled shore and all drops will be capped at Y1 power. But any forsaken gear you had is still usable. Same is true for annual pass stuff if you only buy Forsaken.

All this becomes moot on October 1 when new light becomes active.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Thanks, New Light doesn't include any forsaken stuff though does it? I thought it was just stuff up to warmind that was free.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
New Light will make Vanilla, Osiris, Warmind Campaigns free, and also will give you access to Patrol Zones (but not campaigns or adventures) on Moon, tangled shore, Dreaming City

It's all incredibly confusing but this sums it up decently

https://www.polygon.com/2019/6/18/18682603/destiny-2-new-light-content-free-to-play-raid-crucible-gambit-strikes

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

That makes (some) sense I guess. So if I just buy the expansion on PS4 I will basically have access to everything everywhere as long as I do it or loot it on PS4 first. Cool.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
thread having a normal one i see

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Bad screen: Computers at work

Good screen: Big rear end OLED in front of couch

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
PC Master Race? More like peepee master gays

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

PS5 early 2021 at latest. Could be out next year.

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

PC Master Race? More like peepee master gays

If you're not gay, you're in the wrong thread(s)

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pc nerds go away.

No pc club.

Sloth Socks
May 13, 2005

dangling is the finest of all the arts in all the worlds

Lipstick Apathy
I have a PC that could run the game, but after a recent move, it's located in the cat's room, where the cat poops. I can't bear it.

Do folks actually do the laptop board for kb+m on the couch? Because I don't want to be near the cat poop. I can't.

also is there a living ps4 clan, i want to dance

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Just take one big whiff and love the smell forever, friend

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

BlindSite posted:

Pc nerds go away.

No pc club.

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

I guess with cross save now. We should just go ahead and roll all the threads into one.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That will require a level of maturity between PC and console players that none of us possess.

Somehow PS4 and xbox dudes can chill together, but a desktop computer? NO loving WAY.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

We can be united in our disdain for whatever the gently caress Stadia is

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Guys, you're BOTH gamers, not because you have a console or a PC

but because you hate women and minorities

someone make this the games forum title

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
If we make a new OP someone make a good one that is informative for new people rather than whatever it is this thread is now.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Poo, Bungie confirmed that they have no plans for a Solar Week and to ignore API datamines

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

Insane Totoro posted:

If we make a new OP someone make a good one that is informative for new people rather than whatever it is this thread is now.

Please, provide examples.

What kind of title do you have in mind?

Personally, I think something like, "eat rear end, give reach arounds."

It's pretty informative to someone who's lived in their parents basement most their life. It lets them know to really give it their all, commit. Much like you have to do in Destiny.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Durr I need an op that links a bunch of poo poo from Nintendo power and puts it in quote blocks because I can't use the googles

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Also the thread title would be like

Destiny 2 shart don't keep and continue eating rear end

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Actually wait the end should be console my eaten rear end

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Well, the poo poo don’t stop and the Shadowkeep comin

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

All your ideas like PC gaming are not good.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

moist turtleneck posted:

Actually wait the end should be console my eaten rear end

Destiny 2 thread: grief console

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I'm lost, my inventory is full of deprecated poo poo, the UI is full of stuff I don't understand, my vault has a million things that I have no idea if I should keep, the list goes on and on.

I haven't played this since before CoO dropped, all my characters are level 20 with 300 light. Should I just power through story stuff wearing whatever clown suit has the biggest numbers and then grind public events or whatever until I hit the level cap again?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

big nipples big life posted:

I'm lost, my inventory is full of deprecated poo poo, the UI is full of stuff I don't understand, my vault has a million things that I have no idea if I should keep, the list goes on and on.

I haven't played this since before CoO dropped

None of your gear matters, nothing in your Vault matters. Delete them all. If you want anything back, you can grab it from your Collections tab.

You will get a free boost to 750 when Shadowkeep releases. There's no reason to grind up to relevance right now unless you just want to.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Got a good twilight oath last night. Smallbore, Accurized, opening shot, box breathing. I put range mw on it because it has low inherent range.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Always wear the clown suit

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Emron posted:

Got a good twilight oath last night. Smallbore, Accurized, opening shot, box breathing. I put range mw on it because it has low inherent range.

You'll never be able to use a different sniper, ever again.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The non-tv haver has arrived
lol whoops, nah I play console games on a TV. My brain just didn't feel like substituting the word in the example.

Unrelated: Anybody know if we'll be able to skip early campaigns when Shadowkeep drops? I don't want to run my lesser characters through Warmind/Osiris/Forsaken if I don't have to. I already used a boost on one of them to skip Vanilla/Warmind/Osiris.

Fifty Three fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Aug 23, 2019

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Emron posted:

This is a stupidly good roll. Could eek out a little more range with Full Bore but yours is 99% there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I can't use twilight oath after getting used to having snapshot