Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

haveblue posted:

Really the first and best advice is to go in with 3 players, none of you need to be destiny gods and having two alternate targets/rescuers makes it that much easier.

Sometimes the best defence is that not every git on the screen is firing at you, only about a third of them.

That said, that particular strike is a bugger, those thrall will cheerfully wipe a team standing in a well without much difficulty.

I bet all the balance changes coming with well/other supers is going to make some encounters much harder than they are now. I was just thinking T3 reckoning is a pretty near thing even with randos who know what they're doing.

Hobnob fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Sep 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer
When I did the Thorn strike i stuck near the entrance and focused on killing thralls as soon as they appeared while the other two fireteam members focused on other stuff. Save heavy ammo for near the end of the boss stage since he will just keep shooting those seeker orbs forever and they will gently caress you up even in cover (everyone calls those grapes right?). This strike is hard but really rewarding when you get everyone in your team on point working together. Gave me some D1 nightfall nostalgia, at least for the ones that were hard but not outright impossible without hiding and sniping with icebreaker for an hour.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Since I only had boots in the loot pool at the moment I decided to blow my IB tokens since I don't have any of the weapons. Got this Gunnora's Axe right before I logged out. Haven't tried it yet but it looks pretty sweet. Also got Bite of the Fox with firmly planted and moving target, how can those even roll together? lmao

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Spare rations has bloom so eh

Unless it can roll with EOTS

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

I’ve always been a Luna’s/Trust man, but I farmed up some Waking Vigils and those rip as well. Really need to get on the Spare Rations grind.

It hurts. I've rolled like 40+ so far. I wish you better luck than me.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Isn't bloom going away next season?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

They should just change all the gun feels on console to match PC because it's really just better.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

PC isn't better it's just different and it's fine that there's two implementations because any random person you pick is gonna like one or the other more.

To me PC feels way too twitchy and it's hard to be chill while playing.

The only PC feature that should 100% be on console is how chaos reach works. The aim assist on console is WAY too heavy and it's a completely different super on PC when using a mouse.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

On pc lol

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I’ve heard these whispers, hoping so.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/48163

TWAB say: Shadowkeep still coming out on Oct 1. We're fixing the "Apply" bug for real this time. Partial Campaign Progress will be reset Oct 1 but also you won't need to complete Campaigns to access endgame content anymore

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

I’ve heard these whispers, hoping so.

has this been posted anywhere? whose been saying it?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

actionjackson posted:

has this been posted anywhere? whose been saying it?

Last week's TWAB

Lightweight and Adaptive hand cannons use a new firing animation while aiming down sights

This change was made to increase weapon accuracy when firing these weapons as fast as possible

Ex: Currently, players can shoot faster than the recoil animation of 140/150 archetypes – so while the handcannon looks to have fully reset from recoil, the following projectile will be shot as if the weapon was still in a recoiled state.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Right I was aware of that, but I thought bloom was something different, relating to the size of the reticle cone (or whatever), i.e. when EOTS is active for example, the cone gets smaller, and thus bloom is reduced.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009
I dunno man I don’t have any problem shooting Waking Vigil as it is and Spare Rations is the same archetype so I’m not too worried. Just gotta pace appropriately. I’m not giving up my Trust just yet but 3 tapping is nice.

I saw some YouTube theorycrafting video and heard some streamers talking about console HC bloom. Not sure if true or not just waiting to see.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I got a question you guys might not know the answer to.

Are there Strikes in the game that aren’t Warden of Nothing or The Corrupted?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

I dunno man I don’t have any problem shooting Waking Vigil as it is and Spare Rations is the same archetype so I’m not too worried. Just gotta pace appropriately. I’m not giving up my Trust just yet but 3 tapping is nice.

I saw some YouTube theorycrafting video and heard some streamers talking about console HC bloom. Not sure if true or not just waiting to see.

180s do not have bloom though, correct? and I believe lunas and nf do not either.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

actionjackson posted:

180s do not have bloom though, correct? and I believe lunas and nf do not either.

Correct. Some people have theorized that the bloom is somehow related to the animations but I don't know how that would work. Then again barrell size on weapons is a thing lol.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BlindSite posted:

Correct. Some people have theorized that the bloom is somehow related to the animations but I don't know how that would work. Then again barrell size on weapons is a thing lol.

Wait, the barrel length thing is because your bullets literally originate from the end of the barrel

Is bloom caused by the change in location caused by firing while the barrel of your gun is in a slightly different position during the recoil animation??

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That does seem to be the implication but we'll have to wait until October to know for sure due to how bad Bungie is at explaining anything.

But if bloom is tied to the recoil animation and where the tip of the barrel is, that doesn't explain why bloom doesn't exist on PC unless the people that did the port reset the bullet origination point separately from the animation.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Daric posted:

I got a question you guys might not know the answer to.

Are there Strikes in the game that aren’t Warden of Nothing or The Corrupted?

I've heard rumors about other strikes but that's all.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

actionjackson posted:

Waking Vigil is a 150.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

xzzy posted:

That does seem to be the implication but we'll have to wait until October to know for sure due to how bad Bungie is at explaining anything.

But if bloom is tied to the recoil animation and where the tip of the barrel is, that doesn't explain why bloom doesn't exist on PC unless the people that did the port reset the bullet origination point separately from the animation.

maybe the folks who did that port aren’t retardedspecial needs

also lmao this would be the most :bungie: explanation

lobotomy molo fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Sep 20, 2019

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I'm trying to clean up my pursuits tab, and have got it down from three pages to one and a half.

I've stopped turning in Gunsmith, Vanguard, and Crucible tokens.

What activities would be best to hold off on? Which ones are good to focus on at the moment? I'm trying to spend my times wisely, as I only recently broke the 620 light threshold.

(I'm getting the Forsaken quest done. Bounties are irritating.)

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Fly Molo posted:

maybe the folks who did that port aren’t hard-R

also lmao this would be the most :bungie: explanation

Whoa is this the PC thread all of a sudden?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Fly Molo posted:

maybe the folks who did that port aren’t r-----d

What the hell man, we don't talk like that in here.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blind Rasputin posted:

It’s okay when I say it, I’m r*****

Exhibit A: my posting

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

Waking Vigil is a 150.

right, I was referring to your reference to trust

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Captain Log posted:

What activities would be best to hold off on? Which ones are good to focus on at the moment? I'm trying to spend my times wisely, as I only recently broke the 620 light threshold.

(I'm getting the Forsaken quest done. Bounties are irritating.)

Anything on the pursuits tab with a yellow background will lead to an exotic weapon, most of which are worth getting. Obviously anything that shows it rewards powerful gear should improve your light level. Most other stuff can wait.

I don't recall if it only unlocks after you complete forsaken, but Black Armory (assuming you have the season pass) can get you a number of good weapons and exotics and is worth doing.

(Some or all of the previous seasons become free after Shadowkeep launches, I believe? Or maybe I'm misremembering.)

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Hobnob posted:

(Some or all of the previous seasons become free after Shadowkeep launches, I believe? Or maybe I'm misremembering.)

All of Y1 is free after shadowkeep drops, if you own Forsaken all of the seasons for Forsaken were made free today.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Blind Rasputin posted:

If you get probated for advocating a safe place for sexual assault victims to express their trauma then yes this is the pc thread.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Trying to read up on new Destiny 2 stuff coming from Shadow Keep and all the different, confusing upgrade packages and names...it really makes me question why such a huge franchise is unbelievably confusing. Are they trying to confuse us into buying the same thing multiple times?!

:looks at two Destiny 2 boxes on shelf:

Sigh

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
This Destiny PC thread seems pretty awesome.

Suggest we move on over

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Captain Log posted:

Trying to read up on new Destiny 2 stuff coming from Shadow Keep and all the different, confusing upgrade packages and names...it really makes me question why such a huge franchise is unbelievably confusing. Are they trying to confuse us into buying the same thing multiple times?!

Sigh

there are literally two purchase options, how is this confusing to you

you either buy the regular edition or the deluxe edition

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Captain Log posted:

Sigh
D2 New Light is free. It includes ALL game modes, all strikes, all crucible maps, all patrol locations. Includes all the original Year 1 content, plus Gambit, Gambit Prime, Black Armory, and Menagerie.

Shadowkeep is the new expansion. $35. New campaign, quests and raid.
Forsaken is a separate expansion. $25. Campaign, quests and 3 raids.

Seasons are now $10 each. Each are 3 months long, with activities and a premium season pass (like the Fortnite battle pass). The paid pass has more unlocks than the free version of the season pass.

Shadowkeep Digital Deluxe is the new expansion, plus 3 cosmetic items and 4 passes for future seasons. You're buying the next 4 seasons in advance and saving money.

--

Pretty much the only thing that's maybe kinda confusing is the Y2 annual pass stuff being split apart into free and into Forsaken. Y2 Annual Pass was the Black Armory, Gambit Prime, and Menagerie activities, plus a bunch of related quests (including the ones for Thor, Last Word, and Bad Juju), plus the 2 raids (Scourge of the past and and Crown of Sorrow). On Oct 1 Black Armory, Gambit Prime, and Menagerie will be free to all, but the quests and 2 raids will be part of Forsaken. The "Annual Pass" no longer exists.

Roman fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Sep 20, 2019

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
You get the paid pass with delux edition i assume?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Buying the deluxe edition gets you seasons 8-11, up until September 2020 when presumably a new major expansion drops.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

CheeseFactory posted:

You get the paid pass with delux edition i assume?
you get the season of undying with just shadowkeep. deluxe edition is that plus 4 more passes for the future seasons

EDIT: i think you get whatever the current season is when you buy shadowkeep. so if you buy it in late december you get season of dawn

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Me explaining how to buy shadowkeep

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I have not purchased Shadowkeep.