Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

the good fax machine posted:

Seriously, shout out to all the retards that don't know to cap A on emperor's respite. I manage to start the match on C literally every single loving time, but once you take A and B you own that map. It's just too narrow, there's no way to get around to flip the spawns if the people holding that side are paying the slightest bit of attention. Not really a well designed map for control, or at least they could probably find a better spot for B, but fun farming kills I guess

4v4 only will let us focus on maps that are well designed for all modes...*sound of an rear end with a dick stuffed up it farting, but the rear end is owned by a guy who is a homophobe so it's not a pleasurable experience*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Seriously, shout out to all the retards that don't know to cap A on emperor's respite. I manage to start the match on C literally every single loving time, but once you take A and B you own that map. It's just too narrow, there's no way to get around to flip the spawns if the people holding that side are paying the slightest bit of attention. Not really a well designed map for control, or at least they could probably find a better spot for B, but fun farming kills I guess

Yeah, you have to flip it immediately. I usually call out to hug right to use that side tunnel then back around the rocks. you can "usually" go unnoticed since they usually stack up on B and its juuuuuuuuuuuuuust outside radar range. if it doesn't work you're boned tho

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Malom posted:

Pvp is fun even though I'm terrible hth

God, same.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Blind Rasputin posted:

Post its stats

It has +10 to getting to do a gently caress.

So, I guess giggle switches are still a thing? I just lost a match to people either loving cheating or with connections from Siberia.

At least I put such a hurt on them I actually got COMPLIMENTARY messages from them afterwards. 37 kills while my other two team mates lemminged into things. The fourth was a ghost? In ghost mode?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Ahh yeah. 250 trials wins in a row and then we lose to a team who we were 2-0 up against and suddenly 2 of my team mates get booted and the other team become teleporting gods.

Good poo poo bungie. Dedicated servers not required. They are crazy if they think this laggy piece of poo poo is going comp.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I can't decide if the sleek and sexy Gensum set from Io or the Going Full Matrix trenchcoat set of Nessus is cooler Warlock armor.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Oct 17, 2017

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Tei posted:

I broke 6 useless ghost to get enough Tess Salt to buy a emote to glitch trough walls (bureaucratic walk), after hours walking funny, I managed to glitch 0 walls. :(

Kotaku say that my emote has been grandfathered; unlisted and removed from the shop, but still available to these that bought it.

https://kotaku.com/bungie-pulls-destiny-2-emote-after-players-discover-wal-1819510145

Ignore everything below this line

-------------------------

Tei fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Oct 17, 2017

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Norns posted:

Video games

Yes.

I have been summoned.

I am thinking ABGD and Maker of Shoes should 1v1 in game and whoever fails can have a 3 day probe for such an page spanning slapfight?

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

the pvp in this game is really terrible lmao

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

VideoGames posted:

Yes.

I have been summoned.

I am thinking ABGD and Maker of Shoes should 1v1 in game and whoever fails can have a 3 day probe for such an page spanning slapfight?

That would require me playing Destiny 2 PvP and I'd rather eat a 3 day probe so do the needful if you must.

Edit: also it's impossible to 1v1 in Destiny 2, which doesn't have rumble or private matches lmao

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

VideoGames posted:

I have been summoned.

Hey there, while you're here, if you wouldn't mind........

Skim Milk posted:

Destiny 2 Console Thread: Just eat his rear end you bitch

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Quake 3 Arena 1v1 NOW

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Did my flashpoint and crucible challenges this morning. Got my 305 class item from Cayde and an Antiope D and a Lincoln Green from the gunsmith.

Cha-ching.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

That would require me playing Destiny 2 PvP and I'd rather eat a 3 day probe so do the needful if you must.

Edit: also it's impossible to 1v1 in Destiny 2, which doesn't have rumble or private matches lmao

:yikes: I did not realise as I have not played Destiny 2. Were you able to 1v1 in Destiny 1?

I guess that scuppers the fun Destiny 2 probepranks. No, I will not be giving either of you a three day if the game does not even support something that a lot of FPS games can do. I will say please in future do not have such an argument.

It is done.

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

[Extremely Uber voice] rather than just telling someone I'm ostensibly bros with that im annoyed he's getting so mad about D2, imma be a huge bitch about it while pretending I'm cool with him but I'm not really then imma act like that's not a huge bitch rear end move lol

go gently caress yourself

NEED MORE MILK posted:

the pvp in this game is really terrible lmao

Yeah. Due to my weird schedule and random parent interruptions, I usually run banner solo. It was painful this time. I'm a pvp shitlord, so I don't expect to win, but I ran into lots of players with 50-75 flawless runs or 2+ KD emblems. I wouldn't complain if the connections were good, but the stacked teams still made the matches laggy. Better than D1, but not good enough for the 2nd go of a game.

Add in the lovely loot system, I don't think I would run banner again. I am at 1 bit or armor away from 305 (304 arms), and banner gear still dropped at 295. Thanks Saladin, go jump off the tower.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

VideoGames posted:

:yikes: I did not realise as I have not played Destiny 2. Were you able to 1v1 in Destiny 1?

I guess that scuppers the fun Destiny 2 probepranks. No, I will not be giving either of you a three day if the game does not even support something that a lot of FPS games can do. I will say please in future do not have such an argument.

It is done.

The mod of our hearts asses

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
PvP would be better with an overhaul of matchmaking. HERE ARE MY DUMB IDEAS:

Keep competitive 4v4 but make it a minimum that you have a party of 2 so that stacking is encouraged rather than just a brick wall you're running into if you're solo. Turn quickplay back to 6v6 and let it be chaotic - no more than 3 can fireteam (to limit structure), supers should charge fast enough that you get at least 2 per match. Let it be a mess where things turn over fast, less CS and more TF2. Keep all the serious players corralled in competitive where stats and teamwork matters and let quickplay be something easy to drop into and relax/laugh/be kinda dumb. I would love to have a reason to try out grenade launchers and other dumb poo poo but as it is Quickplay is competitive-lite.

Destiny 2 only takes itself half serious anyway, and the MP modes should reflect that. It'd be fun to have for example a playlist of unbalanced modes overseen by Failsafe. I like the MP but there's nothing inspired or new happening there.

Donovan Trip fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Oct 17, 2017

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
What's the Nightfall this week?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Idea for a Multiplayer map:
The Vault of Glass, boss arena, with the teleported active, so you could visit future mars and past mars.

Idea for gamemode:
King of the hill. The hill give super energy.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

IronSaber posted:

What's the Nightfall this week?

Exodus Crash, cycling burn, collect rings

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Flytrap posted:

I can't decide if the sleek and sexy Gensum set from Io or the Going Full Matrix trenchcoat set of Nessus is cooler Warlock armor.

The FWC trench coat is the correct answer

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

haveblue posted:

I haven't done a Nightfall with the rings yet. What's the strategy here?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

haveblue posted:

Why would you call it collect rings instead of jump through hoops?

IronSaber posted:

I haven't done a Nightfall with the rings yet. What's the strategy here?

You jump through the hoops

edit: fine.

There is a circle somewhere, and when you jump through it more circles spawn, and they all give you a time boost. They disappear after a bit so you kinda have to rush. Most of them are in the air etc... The best way to do it is to kill everything in the area first then try to do all the circles at once.

FishBulb fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Oct 17, 2017

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

4v4 shouldn’t be the default in rando matches. One person sucking (reference - anytime you played pvp with me) can make it a time limit slog of failure.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FishBulb posted:

Why would you call it collect rings instead of jump through hoops?

Gotta go fast

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZJizQgkeP4

Luthor: If you want ll300 engrams, solve this maze.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tei posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZJizQgkeP4

Luthor: If you want ll300 engrams, solve this maze.

B-but they removed the Superman mode for fist of havoc

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Both the map size and the fact rounds always time out unless they're one sided really makes me feel they originally designed 6v6 then scaled back without changing stuff.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I want to be the best at something, or the worst.

No need to check my stats. I lost the last 20 games in played in Iron Banner.

And I had a lot of fun losing.

My strategy was to play Iron Banner Destiny 2 like Mayhem Control Destiny 1.

---ignore everything below this line ---

Granada women

Granade fruit

Granade weapons

Tei fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Oct 17, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Dieing behind cover sure feels good. Magic bendy snipe rounds :magical:

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012
so is the prestige raid coming out today?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Oooooh, you had to finish the campaign to play Iron Banner.

I need to take a fist full of painkillers and slog through that horseshit. I don't mind grinding missions, but I've found the EDZ to be a pain in the dick.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Captain Log posted:

Oooooh, you had to finish the campaign to play Iron Banner.

I need to take a fist full of painkillers and slog through that horseshit. I don't mind grinding missions, but I've found the EDZ to be a pain in the dick.

Don't do it alone. Play it with a friend. Is also rewarding for the friend (good XP and engrams).

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

El Chingon posted:

so is the prestige raid coming out today?

Yes, 10 PST. Line up for your ~world firsts~ and don't cheat

Sorry, 10 PST tomorrow

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009
Clutching hard in trials... oh wait.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJq6S7WaPlc

Bettyspagh3tt1 fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Oct 17, 2017

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

gonna miss on demand control :cry:

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
Man I wish hawkmoon was in D2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Never thought it would be on topic to link a broscience video in the destiny thread, and yet, here we are.

On the topic of eating rear end: https:///www.youtube.com/watch?v=895F4ZcGz30

(nsfw for language)