Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

I wear this clown of thorns

Yeah I like crown of elements too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Lol marketing is not the only reason to not have console and pc people playing against eachother. Even beyond the frames per sec difference.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Lol marketing is not the only reason to not have console and pc people playing against eachother. Even beyond the frames per sec difference.

Yeah because people playing PC games don't have specs all over the place. Everyone has the exact same hardware!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

All the PC players would be too jealous of my borealis

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Finally got an Uriel's a few days ago which I've been using as my main weapon in crucible in place of the Origin Story I've used almost exclusively since week 2. After deciding I like it marginally more than OS, just for fun I decide to throw cuboid aru into the kinetic slot and try that out for a few rounds. I think I may like the cuboid the most out of the OR/Uriel's archtype AR's.
Does anyone know what the bonus damage to shields provided by the Armor Piercing Rounds perk is? I found a reddit post suggesting about 5% but I have no clue how valid that is. Felt slightly more than that as I was using it, but I could be wrong.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Tei posted:

Fortnite did it "by mistake".

Sony don't want that type of stuff because have more players than everyone else ,and allowing crossplay is a way to give players to the losing platforms.

Yea, Sony are jerks.

No pc/console crossplay is allowed. What fortnite did by mistake is let people on PlayStation play people on Xbone.

Sony won't allow it because they don't want the stone cold killers on XBL e-raping their wittle babby gamers

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I did not know winters guile could stack with the lightning super?

The insurmountable skullfort with the lower subclass of the arc Titan is the best. Infinite punching for max health, auto reloads you’re equipped weapon (I use this with acrius like a mad man) and has AoE attack as well. It is good.

Tei, your posts today are absolutely cracking me up. The Brazilian video made me laugh out loud.

Jesus hand cannon makes a lot of sense if you’ve ever heard Jesus was a cross maker by The Hollies.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

xzzy posted:

Yeah because people playing PC games don't have specs all over the place. Everyone has the exact same hardware!

Eh

These days it’s bit homogenized.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

D2 runs on a toaster. I'd bet the majority are playing at 60fps

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Blind Rasputin posted:

Tei, your posts today are absolutely cracking me up. The Brazilian video made me laugh out loud.

Jesus hand cannon makes a lot of sense if you’ve ever heard Jesus was a cross maker by The Hollies.

Thanks you. Today I have a bad day, so I may be creaky like a door that need oiling. You are too gentle.

Datto is fun because like the english guys they give many words a FFFFFFFzTH sound. When he say Resilience It totally sounds like Brazilians to me.

Something I miss from Destiny 1 is being able to fine tune armour to have more armour than people have. The game force everyone into cookiebox and it hurts my ability to play the game, making some content (like the Raid) less fun for me. I am not a very good FPS player, but with RPG poo poo I could use some stat abuse to gain a tiny bit advantage, and I can't do that anymore. Destiny 2 is not working for me this way.

Datto say something interesting in the video, how in Destiny 2 theres a clash between RPG balance and FPS balance, when the FPS is balanced the RPG-ness can't be balanced, and the opposite.

Tei fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Oct 20, 2017

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Tei is best poster

popewiles posted:

Finally got an Uriel's a few days ago which I've been using as my main weapon in crucible in place of the Origin Story I've used almost exclusively since week 2. After deciding I like it marginally more than OS, just for fun I decide to throw cuboid aru into the kinetic slot and try that out for a few rounds. I think I may like the cuboid the most out of the OR/Uriel's archtype AR's.
Does anyone know what the bonus damage to shields provided by the Armor Piercing Rounds perk is? I found a reddit post suggesting about 5% but I have no clue how valid that is. Felt slightly more than that as I was using it, but I could be wrong.

Wait, wait, wait, Armor Piercing Rounds is bonus damage to shields?

Also blue guns rock, unironically. Try also Ros Lysis II and Sand Wasp 3au (I think that's what it was called)

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Hey any of you that played D1 with El Hefe. Any idea what happened to him?

Mr. WTF
Jun 12, 2003

I DON'T GET JOKES

actionjackson posted:

This prestige is loving stupid

fixed your post bro

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Prestige is actually p cool although the rewards suck

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The harder mechanics are cool and neat, I just think [GIT GUD ALERT] they set the actual damage in/damage out too high. It's tedious for a basic Cabal soldier to take 5 headshots from a Nameless Midnight.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Norns posted:

Hey any of you that played D1 with El Hefe. Any idea what happened to him?

he hasn't been in the footy subform or F1 threads either. Maduro probably killed him and his entire family over his bad posting

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Tei do you have an Xbox because I would pay good money to fireteam up with you in any game. You are unironically the best poster in this Thread and I don’t know how many times I’m reading a post and it goes sideways and strange making me laugh and I say to myself, “wait, is this a Tei post?” It is, every time.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Rubellavator posted:

Iron banner is actually p cool although the rewards suck

Rubellavator posted:

Faction week is actually p cool although the rewards suck

Rubellavator posted:

Cayde chests is actually p cool although the rewards suck

:thunk:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Destiny 2: Gutted and it still suckin'

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Destiny 2: p good but the rewards suck

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Xxtra Hot Flamin Cheetos are inferior to Doritos Flamas chips and I'll fight you abou tit

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

The habanero Flamin Hots are better than them both tho

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Ok I'll look out for those

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
What the duck are Doritos flamas?! I’m outta the snack loop

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

which doritos do I buy to get an exclusive destiny emblem, the only end game content that exists?

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

I'd kill a man for a 'Welcome to Flavor Country' Doritos emblem.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

popewiles posted:

I'd kill a man for a 'Welcome to Flavor Country' Doritos emblem.

P.sure that's Marlboro.

10k Marlboro Miles for a white and red arch Rare emblem

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

cvnvcnv posted:

P.sure that's Marlboro.

10k Marlboro Miles for a white and red arch Rare emblem

Not since they merged to begin manufacturing Marlboritos: Cool Menthol Ranch

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
I know I'm in the minority, but I still think the best sublcass for Warlock melee is solar. The extra damage done by setting someone on fire with a punch gives a surprisingly big edge in a punching match (even against people with lots of resilience). And if you're outnumbered and about to die, tagging someone with a fusion grenade to take them with you is a nice perk.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Wasabi Doritos are also good

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Slanderer posted:

I know I'm in the minority, but I still think the best sublcass for Warlock melee is solar. The extra damage done by setting someone on fire with a punch gives a surprisingly big edge in a punching match (even against people with lots of resilience). And if you're outnumbered and about to die, tagging someone with a fusion grenade to take them with you is a nice perk.

You definitely are.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I like killing Flamin Hot warlocks

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

popewiles posted:

Not since they merged to begin manufacturing Marlboritos: Cool Menthol Ranch

Goddamn nothing about that sounds remotely good but I still want to try it :gibs:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Slanderer posted:

Daybreak is awesome. I don't know anyone who's gotten 5 pvp kills with a single nova bomb or stormtrance :smuggo:

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Daybreak is awesome. I don't know anyone who's gotten 5 pvp kills with a single nova bomb or stormtrance :smuggo:

Exactly. While I probably whiff more often with daybreak than with nova bomb, I've only ever wiped entire teams with daybreak

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I use a Sondok as my go-to blue gun.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

If anyone in Bone Zone can invite someone, Captain Log posted earlier itt about needing a clan.

We can totally get him into the PS4 ones for free engrams, but I feel like he'd otherwise have a disappointing experience:

Captain Log posted:

OldCaptainLog on the Xbone.

Thanks!

Blakkout
Aug 24, 2006

No thought was put into this.
This has been floating around Crucible Playbook, and I found it really helpful. I also need to spend more time using Those Omolon adaptive sidearms.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

hahahha

*loads up Destiny 2*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Blakkout posted:

This has been floating around Crucible Playbook, and I found it really helpful. I also need to spend more time using Those Omolon adaptive sidearms.

Last Hope, Etana si4

Try the Suros full auto sidearms (Timecard, Dead Man Walking) for further comedy. They don't have quite the OP fast ttk that Last Hope/Etana do, but are tons of fun.

If you play Hunter, pair either of these with Mechaneer's Tricksleeves and laugh with glee as you reload an already-fast-handling archetype in the blink of an eye