Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The Gunslinger's Golden Gun is the Last Word. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

They didn't totally redo their entire codebase from the ground up? You can't call it a sequel. Owned beotch.

They would if they were a Japanese developer. :laugh:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

That's why I always shoot that barrel right away so that doesn't happen.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

Oh no I can't see the face I made three years ago that shows up in two cutscenes that I skipped through

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I went to pax and met deej and cozmo and played supremacy it was cool shoutout to drain

Did you win?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

CheeseFactory posted:

So apparently there are only 2 modes for PvP for D2. Quick and Competitive.

Quick has control clash wtc.

Competitive has countdown and... elim? Seems odd

Makes sense to me. Countdown is basically Counterstrike and elimination was used for Trials.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Tei posted:

Is a mistery what they will talk about there.

Maybe they will promise no mouse acceleration for PC players (because PC players apparently hate that) only to find in august that the game have mouse acceleration (like most console games).

I don't think they will talk about the XIM. Maybe theres a VR mission to justify a VR silver bullet in somebody list. I... got... nothing.

Mouse acceleration that cannot be turned off.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I'm an old man who plays at 2 sensitivity.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

el B posted:

My trials highlight this week...

https://youtu.be/758G64lc9Lg

You forgot to teabag 9/10

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

If it means Sean Bean gets to die in another game, I'm fine with that.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

haveblue posted:

They will, except it's a social map, and most of the interactive bits will be disabled, and it's only open for an hour. Enjoy the new soccer PVP mode!

I didn't think the Splatoon method of testing would catch on, but here we are.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Ape Agitator posted:

Feels kind of average, like an expansion pack. Also, for some reason, the Scout rifle feels very weak in PvE. It's an odd feeling.

I didn't enter Destiny until Taken King and maybe I'll do the same here.

So what exactly would make this a full game and not an expansion.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Ape Agitator posted:

I was thinking the concept of abandoning the old consoles might mean we would have a bit of an expanded game. I mean, I don't know what that might mean, but I was thinking some kind of expansion on what they would have presented. Like maybe a larger melee during the attack or something. Or faces.

I can't say what I was hoping for but just that I wouldn't think I was seeing Destiny's third expansion.

Bear in mind that I'm not the person they need to impress. I jumped in at Taken King and skipped Rise of Iron so I was most likely going to be a late adopter. That might have changed if seeing the accumulation of Destiny's 2-ness combined with whatever niceness had been added with Rise of Iron felt like enough to feel like a sequel.

It might just be that I'll be the kind of player that feels best jumping in at Destiny 1.5 and then going to Destiny 2.5. So bring on Destiny 2: The Takening!

So you have no idea what you want.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Normal brain: release a demo/press materials that's representative of your final product to build hype

Universe Brain: release a demo that's NOT representative of your final product so you can point out all the ways the final product will be better

That's great, but that's not the reality of game development. They have to have a build ready to pass console certification.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Raged posted:

Bungie is well on its way to pulling a bioware

I don't think Bungie has had a mass exodus of veteran employees.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

AAB posted:

it's an arc energy weapon for those wondering

also this is a dang thing

https://twitter.com/GAMEdigital/status/890270528421769216

full auto sidearm at 11 seconds lmao

No joke that is a pretty cool way to track stats in game.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Emron posted:

[Patting limited edition copy of Destiny 2] Oh this? Got her back in '17. Got a hell of a deal on the financing, too. 2% APR, got her in under invoice, too. She'll be paid off in March

That will be me with the SNES Classic that I'll have to buy from an Ebay scalper. :argh:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

This what I do in my spare time. I need to see how my competition is doing.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

El b's Xbox gamertag is "wetwholeamirite" so he would fit in just fine with Bone Krew.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

el B posted:

Wait what happened?

It got reported and he had to change it.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I'm going to be eating a lot of Taco Bell in the near future.

https://news.xbox.com/2017/08/01/xbox-one-x-taco-bell-promotion/#ZyOUI7zRgA1DWIDa.99

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lol that trailer is hella false advertising imho

Sorry you're bad at D2 PVP.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Apparently this is how Destiny 2's networking is going to work?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/6s5hbf/how_networking_works_in_destiny_1_and_how_it_will/

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah let me give the definitive ABGD Take here:

The game will in all likelihood be pretty fun and there's a core group of people and mechanics that will keep it that way.

But pretty much every dramatic change they've made to the game has been completely underwhelming and kinda the opposite of what I've wanted to see.

Add to this that they haven't really shown off that much and my hype levels are basically non existent. They haven't done a very good job so far.

When their two biggest pitches have been "guys the beta isn't the FINAL product" and "we have some really good ideas, but we don't have time to put them in before release," I think it makes sense to get off the hype train a bit.

This is Bungie we're talking about here. They never have enough time for their games.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

eonwe posted:

moana ownana

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

texaholic posted:

everything at chipotle tastes like rear end, maybe that is why all the bone krew dudes love eating it???

i hate chipotle

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Bone Krew - We Eat rear end

Aka chipotle

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I didn't get one until it was nerfed. :negative:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It's pretty rad that they basically have no way to fix this short of disabling auto aim on controllers, which is bungie's entire secret sauce tbqh. PC gaming is hilarious.

Most people aren't going to bother doing that.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Roman posted:

goons: "what the hell they're not marketing this game at all, not a good sign"

*Activision's CoD marketing team busts through the wall like the Kool Aid man*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSxElWwWVFE

If saving the puppies and taco Tuesdays doesn't not motivate you to kick Cabal butt nothing will.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

AAB posted:

this week's TWAB is loaded with good poo poo

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46226

Sounds like I no longer have to drag around lovely gear when turning in engrams. It looked like you could only hold 10 engrams at a time. I guess that means they won't be as essential to progression as they used to be?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

the good fax machine posted:

Actually captured some stuff for gifvs during the pc beta. I got matched up with and against DrLupo and ProfessorBroman, here's the latter whiffing a rocket on me

https://i.imgur.com/42luwye.gifv

It was extremely fun playing against players that haven't played Destiny before

https://i.imgur.com/aoEPapg.gifv

Broman is a PVE nerd so I'm not surprised he sucks at PVP. Watching him stream PVP is loving painful.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

DasHangman posted:

If you're not using Rock Band drums and a DDR pad, you're a filthy casual.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

:siren: Dudes I got my hands on the infamous Destiny 2 Console Thread Destiny 2 Release Party Tape :siren:

https://youtu.be/6yImUwK03nM

Time to rename the clan Boner Krew.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I love the new public events in this game. The first one I did was the Heroic Walker Tank event. After you get the rocket launchers, another Walker Tank shows up. Two tanks and a ton of adds is good time with rockets.

Oh and the Servitor teleporting you up into the air is the best. So many dead pubbies. :allears:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Mr. WTF posted:

FELLOWS:

I am looking for a goon xbone clan. Primarily for raiding/nightfalls, but occasionally down for PVP also. Have galljherjehron and spindle and can run sword on your mom. TIA.

I went to discord, but it's all PS4 and PC people in that business.

Gamertag: IncontintlBkfst

You want the clan in the snazzy OP.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Is there Omolon kinetic weapons? I have an Energy and a Power weapon from them. I need a whole set of Goo guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Kin posted:

Do I have to progress far into the story to unlock the tower?

I looked into all this clan stuff and it mentions talking to hawthorn there but she's currently parked on The Farm doing bugger all.

Finish the story and then you get a bunch of new stuff.