Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Roman posted:

If Mods 2.0 is anything like Warframe mods, we'll actually be able to make builds again. Depends how simple or complex they allow mods to be.

I really hope Mods 2.0 will be a big thing, but this line is preventing me from expecting too much:

Sandbox Design Lead Josh Hamrick posted:

Also, Grant MacKay has put together a really exciting plan for Mods 2.0 that will open their requirements up significantly allowing them to be more potent in ways that you’ll end up feeling directly in your ability uptime and therefore total power output.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
I mined the API for the new Nightfall stuff, if you want to spoil yourself. Full disclosure, I'm guessing which item goes with which strike based on the flavor text, but I think they're all pretty straightforward.
Savathun's Song
The Pyramidion
The Arms Dealer
Exodus Crash
The Inverted Spire
Tree of Probabilities
A Garden World

JackGeneric fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Mar 27, 2018

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I wonder how much of it is placeholder. A TON of unavailable Catalysts give the exact same upgrade ("Deeper Pocket")

The perks don't cover all the stat boosts. For example, the Acrius also gets a boost to magazine and reload speed, and the Prospector gets extra blast radius.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

haveblue posted:

Yeah, there's a few more that have been datamined, but I don't think every exotic in the game has been accounted for at this point.

I haven't gone through and made sure there's one for every exotic weapon, but if not, it's darn close. Here're the catalyst effects I've found in the DB.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
I took a break from D2 with my highest character at 559. I figured I'd come back and catch up with my 600 friends when this dropped. Except not only do 600 players have to do the completely unchanged Forsaken grind to get a reasonable power level for the new content, but I have to do it for much longer because, if I'm reading things correctly, they only raised the soft cap to 550. That is intensely discouraging.

JackGeneric fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Dec 5, 2018

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

cvnvcnv posted:

First run of Verdant Forest lasted 1 hour 17 minutes 16 seconds.

We got to Branch 108 and quit playing because it would have never ended. We had almost 3 minutes remaining at that point.

Just me and two randos.

:thunk:

I don't think this is how it should be.

The explanation I'm seeing is that rounds up to 60 add to the time you have to fight the final wave of 5 bosses, and it's probably doable with 30. There's no benefit outside of the extra time, so when you're ready to go you just let the timer run out or have everyone on the team be dead at the same time and skip to the boss wave.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

xzzy posted:

Nah, it's easy. I haven't done heroic on a hunter yet though so I reserve the right to get mad about it later!

But normal is easy even without stompees.

The bit on heroic where you're jumping on little indents on the outside of the wall made me jealous of my warlock teammates who could just glide down into them whereas I had to do a lot more work to control my momentum. The rest of the jumping didn't feel terrible.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Paracelsus posted:

Did 3 rounds of comp for the weekly bonus.

All 3 were countdown against teams.

Did not do any more comp tonight.

Why does countdown seem to make up >50% of the playlist?

Because they were on a big esports kick at launch and Counterstrike/Search & Destroy is the stereotypical esports mode. Then they added Control and Clash to comp, which totally muddied the waters about what the playlist is meant to be. But I figure they're stuck with it, because if they nuked Countdown from the only playlist it appears in, they'd probably get a ton of very pointed complaints.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

haveblue posted:

Also wondering what we're going to do with imperials after maxing out the chalice, they won't keep dropping from playlists for the entire rest of the game's lifespan, right? Although small gifts for dreaming city cats still drop and I finished all those months ago so who knows.

Buying all upgrades on the chalice changes all drops that would have been imperials into runes.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

hiddenriverninja posted:

didn't calus say that the vex we've fought up to now were just scouts/accountants or something

Yeah, even back in D1 there were statements to that effect. The grimoire cards for the Taken Vex all restate that their first function is construction and that protecting what they're building is secondary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

CheeseFactory posted:

Yes and... i think so? Bungie and their vague poo poo

If you're looking on light.gg, they haven't updated their stat names to match the ones in the database. That stat is now named Inventory Size and I can't check now, but I'm pretty sure the description is now clear that it represents how much ammo can be held in reserves.