Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Thanks for the new thread. I was already tired of pc chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Warlock is apparently lol tier overpowered hammerbro style.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The Meat Dimension posted:

Wait is titan skating gone? :ohdear:

Apparently warlock and titan skating are both gone. Congrats to all the giant pussies who mained hunters crying about skating you got your wish.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Waffle House posted:

It seems almost like a bad idea to split the D2 threads on the basis of platform, but the things that'd be dependent on are still in the Rumor stage (cross-saving, release dates) and some things that are hard fact (Bone Krew unstoppable)

The laat thread was already getting aids. We had to cut out the corruption.

Also

Supers take bonus damage from elemental weps. Goldie has 6 shots but shorter duration.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Every raid except kingsfall was fairly easy to sherpa a 6th and even that wasnt super tough.

I still lol at people wanting full match making. It took some team 3 hours to kill askis on some reddit post and that was an lfg 4 carrying 2 this week.

I think we should have an early end to match made raids would be fine. Make friends. Dont be too weird.

Ive done askis in 2 phases with a 5 without swords and bows. It'll be fine.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lumi reckons he had no trades in games he played.

Said fusions were not heavies (i think i saw a sleeper type in th#stream in heavy tho) and one of the snipers he used did 170 body damage so maybe not all are 1hk. Maybe none.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Titans get a big shield or a small shield.

Hunters get reload shadestep.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skating was good, but only part of what made titan great.

Warlocks are gonna get hit with the nerf bat after the beta imo.

I wonder if the revive token thing will transfer to trials. Its now trials of the nine so who knows.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Eh, probably no worse than those traps the hive had in RoI and before.

Pvp looks super reliant on having to shoot motherfuckers in the face which has me tumescent. Nothing worse than cunts abusing abilities to compete.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hahaha, i like the line thats pretty much. "Play with your mates or use the the aspergers system."

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

ufarn posted:

~ http://www.pcgamer.com/how-bungie-plans-to-make-destiny-2-on-pc-legit-on-day-one/

This is about PC, but it sounds like tick rate and netcode (still) aren’t a major priority from my pessimistic reading.

From all reports from the PvP dudes on twitter it felt better than years gone by. It certainly looked a little smoother and snappier. Of course the only thing that really matters is how they implement it when we're 6 months in and an expansion is still a month away, the good players are starting to emerge and the casuals are dropping off and I/We just want to get a clash bounty done. If it's more 10 minute waiting periods to land a lobby of red bars I'll justifiably and impotently rant into my headset for all to hear. If it's sweaty but still snappy and smooth then I'll probably be pretty happy.

The poo poo that worries me is two players who casually play PVP (see entry: "poo poo cunts who taste my balls on the reg, until SBMM rear end fucks me"), talking to the Dev's saying "it's important to make sure there's skill gating" and some oval office from activision/bungie (I don't remember where the bloke was from) saying "I agree".

Nothing gives me the shits more than some pussy who can't handle getting their rear end whupped because they have no talent and refuse to get better at a something. If you get your rear end kicked its because you're lesser. Just make peace with it and bite the pillow, don't beg daddy bungie for protection and don't gently caress up my game experience because of it.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Anyone having their stat tracking not showing up on destiny tracker or guardian.gg? I played a shitload of rift yesterday and got a whole lot of mercies but it's telling me I last played rift in Feb.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

way to quote your own post you loving degenerate

Quoting your own post is cool and good.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Quoting your own post is cool and good.

This

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Thank you again OP for segregating the pc turds to the blizzard subforum toilet it belongs.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mazerunner posted:

sounds good to me!

hopefully this carries over to other design choices, especially for gun perks and perk layouts and what not. The guns in RoI and later taken king were pretty good about that stuff I think

Gun perks are the thing Im most keen to see. Im wondering if we can still grind or wait or find or whatever a true nail driver pulse rifle for example or if they've tweaked the trees and base archetypes you wont be able to get that god roll you want.

Either way something in the map design or archetypes of something will lead to there being a hopelessly broken gun in there somewhere.

Gimme me gun stuff info plz bungo.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Something I missed the other day in the chat between the devs and co, PVP is going to have different sound mixing to PVE so footsteps and supers etc will stand out more.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I look forward to someone melting down about not finding a group because they refuse to use a mic.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bungir plz lock trials after someone does one card because i cant go flawless :cry:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think i saw elemantals with the crucible crest on it during the pvp so maybe you can pick packages whem you rank up like now and theres some cross over. Might be a node you buy from the gunsmith.

Or like the raid adept weps now only drops will be elemental and the vendor stuff will be kinetic.

Could be cool.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ive been reported heaps and only ever got a warning. I know someone who got a temp ban. Did lol.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I look forward to finding the broken perks tbh.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Took me ages to get winged word and i used it twice then went back to glass prom.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

eonwe posted:

I like the gif because we're all in jail

it symbolizes our reliance on digital media no matter what platform we play on and how even if we joke at each other, we're all stuck in jail together

I most enjoy shower time.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I got a bunch of ornaments but I only use em on tlw and the dragon one on bad juju.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah the hawkmoon is the other one I like to use. Flashes real nice when it procs. Shame they clipped that things range so hard.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

PathAsc posted:

I stopped trying lately, just worried about bounties and such. Also I suck. Namaste

I was thinking this, having a shitter like me being smug would produce much hate.

Are you on bone? I'm down to do poo poo whenever I'm on.

Nah the easiest way is when you dominate a lobby and shut down their supers etc with a slam or a *crispy* headshot and then be baggin or cryin on their ghost.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Darth Windu posted:

How does wrath of the machine compare to kings fall. I really liked that raid.

Taken king raid is annoying because if some piss pants dies the encounter probably needs a wipe.

In Wotm you can tea bag their corpse while the other 5 just pick up the slack.

Also it doesnt have a stupid long jumping puzzle x2 and a stupid maze to run through.

Kingsfall had the right number of encounters and difficulty but was a bit too much like a puzzle game, wotm got the puzzles and encounters right but couldve used a bit more filler imo.

I would like to see a little more randomness added to raids and strikes. Most of the time after 2 or 3 play throughs I can play drunk as hell and have no worries doing my thing because I know where to stand and when and where enemies come from and when and how many.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'm stupidly optimistic they have actually worked on it.

Its me in that gif with the mirror.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I give 0 fucks about pve cause lol if you cant clear everything but pvp needs to not br a miss

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

All they need to do is make use of the "damage to non guardian enemies" or whatever the gently caress they did with shotguns doing 100% more in pve during HoW.

If they lower damage just increase it ast the same rate in pve. That way pve balance and the behaviour of the weapon doesnt change.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

I feel like the question becomes then, would each weapon individually have pvp and pve stats or would every weapon be hit by a blanket percentage change? Individual seems excessive and a database nightmare so chances are high that Bungie would choose this, but if everything gets hit the same it really seems to me like pvp and pvp alone would be the test of if a weapon is worth a poo poo at all because take it to pve, it'd merely be the same but a lot better. Trying to discern that going pve --> pvp would get you caught with your pants down.

Watch there be a strike or story mission on a pvp or pvp-size map that then becomes the default everyone runs the living poo poo out of when wanting to train with weapons for Crucible, outside Crucible.

Thats why the only thing you could feasibly gently caress with is damage modifiers for v players and v non players.

You couldn't change anything else because you'd change how it feels in use.

If sidearms had a 100% pve damage increase tomorrow it would still feel like a sidearm.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i know when people talk about fun poo poo in destiny, the first thing they say is 'getting double killed by the same super'

there better be a loving bubble in there somewhere because why the hell is defender now a roaming super

From the poo poo I've seen of pvp player the supers really dont last long enough for it to be an issue.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

Fist of Havoc might be a roaming super now. But the slam range is terrible. It's basically a melee super now.

I think the new defender might even be better depending on what they do with hammers and how all thrree plah. Looks like a melee super but at least you can throw your poo poo and block incoming damage.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

the good fax machine posted:

Interesting.. I've only noticed the striker titan and their little light walls, I really haven't seen much gameplay for the defender or whatever they're calling it.

Yeah it lools like the shield, dodge and well are class specific and not subclass.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

AAB posted:

warlock gets heals or shield fountain
titan gets little wall w/ something or big wall with something
hunter gets reload roll or stealth(?) roll

Hunter gets shade step that automatically reloads your gun. May have a 2nd effect that hasnt been shown.

Warlocks get a pool for healing or weapons damage buff

Titans get a large wall or a small shield you can crouch behind. Adsing will auto head glitch over amd crouching will auto reload your weapon.

Thats all we know so far.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

AAB posted:

How much fun is "no we need one lock with blessing, one with armor, and a only titans with the li.... What do you mean you don't know how to crouch???" going to be?

Destiny has hosed with enough poo poo to get rid of "must have" poo poo. I think d2 is going to further that aim.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The only things we know for sure are the ones that got hands on play. People were crying a poo poo load about blade dance being a poledance but there hasnt been anything shown other than the super activating and hitting enemies.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The tears over a subclass no one has played is pretty amazing.

Best sparrow is the ib one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Its just going to be more fluff bullshit and an announcement that ib is around the corner.

Looking forward to trials being another aids map where its ice breakers all day this week.

Asylum or delphi would be nice.

Any must by weps this week or good pdx rolls? i havent logged in since i was shitfaced last weekend and challeneged people in my friends list and in my mates twitch stream to 1v1 me. They were all too scared.

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jun 1, 2017