Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Definitely gonna go with PS4 and see what happens from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Just applied to join the PS4 clan as Angry_Serf. Been really looking forward to Destiny 2 but I avoided watching anything until just recently. Game looks like more of what I want.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I like the idea behind the Adventures. Seems like something they could add more of somewhat easily since they use the existing patrol areas. Some of the most fun I had with Destiny 1 was relaxing after work by doing some bounties and running around in patrol shooting aliens, so more patrol stuff sounds like fun to me.

Serf
May 5, 2011

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I too was a patrolman.

Few games provide a nice feedback loop like Destiny does. It helps that the game is so fun to actually play, so just shooting guys is plenty of entertainment. After a while I would just throw on a podcast, have a beer and chill out with Destiny.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Kilometers Davis posted:

Are there baby mode matchmaking raids this time? If not then lol once again I'll never raid.

Yeah if the game has this I'll probably actually see the raids this time.

Serf
May 5, 2011

i will probably try to do the raids this time despite being bad at video games

Serf
May 5, 2011

Apparently the rumor mill is saying the first Destiny 2 expac will have a patrol zone on Mercury and give us a new social space in the Lighthouse

Serf
May 5, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

If you think this means anything other than "we reused the Lighthouse as a social space", you craaaazy homes

I didn't even know that existed until right now, lol.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I didn't play the console beta due to an emergency, but I did hop on this PC beta and the game is just as fun as I remember D1 being. Played a Hunter and that submachine gun feels so good to fire. Looking forward to this on PS4 even more now, and I'm gonna have to pick up the PC version too.

Serf
May 5, 2011

If the matchmaking raids don't have loot as good as the regular raids I don't see there being much of an issue.

Serf
May 5, 2011

hiddenriverninja posted:

Guided Games only works for normie raids aka scrubs that just want to "see the content"

What's the difference between normie raids and non-normie raids?

Serf
May 5, 2011

haveblue posted:

Unclear if the mechanics are different but it looks like you can only use guided games for normal mode, not heroic, so at the very least there will be different loot tables.

So then the incentive to try harder content to see your numbers go up is still there. People love seeing their numbers go up.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I only got to play the PC beta, is the ability to turn on a dime while sprinting a console thing too, or Hunter-exclusive? I have some exotic boots on my D1 Hunter that give me this ability, and it would rule if it worked on all classes now in D2.

Serf
May 5, 2011

el B posted:

Only Titans and Hunters were able to turn/aim that fast D1 with the help of exotic boots. For me, the game became unbearable to play without that turning speed. However, I think they made that speed standard in D2. It felt good in the console beta.

It definitely works for all characters on pc. Enjoy!

Hell yeah. I eventually made those boots my go-to armor exotic even if they were suboptimal. Turning fast is too good to be passed up.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I don't think I can live without the Hunter jump.

Serf
May 5, 2011

If it doesn't spit out actual gear, don't you need to play the actual game to make use of the P2W stuff?

Serf
May 5, 2011

I've played a few hours and this game is extremely good so far. The overhauls to public events alone are fantastic.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I liked the whole intro section. It was cool to see the City up close for once while limping away from it. Really builds up Ghaul as a credible threat. The mountain part was less interesting, but lovely guns and no powers does make it more tense.

Whoever said that the New Pacific Arcology was really good looking wasn't kidding. I had to stop and admire that place on my way through, it was very cool.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Some of the music in this game begins to approach the excellence of Halo. The vehicle sections in particular have some loving great tracks.

Also, I beat the game and is the end supposed to be implying that the Traveler is now alive again? Hence another Golden Age?

gently caress the new Tower is pretty as hell too. What is the point of the Farm after beating the campaign other than to be misdirection during the pre-release?

Serf
May 5, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

It's baaaaaaack!! :D

Clan poo poo OWNS - this is what that came from but legendary engrams every now and then is wicked. <3

I just got this fifteen minutes ago. Time to give Voidwalker a try.

Also, I love how they've remixed some of the enemies this time around. The weird run the Vandals do/the jet-run of the Psions took me by surprise at first. It adds more character to the enemies and makes them a little harder to pin down.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Went to collect my clan reward and got the Borealis. I think I'm up to 5 exotics now not counting the repeat helmet I got. Seems like Bungie has figured out a better drop rate for good poo poo because now I gotta sleep but all I can think about is getting back and doing more poo poo in this game. The fact that just about everything you do shits gear/tokens that lead to gear is great. Gotta give it more time, but I think they may have refined the "loot" part of the "shoot-n-loot" game pretty well. Destiny has always had top-notch shooting, so if the loot drops continue to be this exciting I could see myself spending way too much time on this game.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Just got my first exotic engram that wasn't the story freebie and it gave me The Prospector. This gun looks cool as hell and seems strong.

I think it's time to slow down a bit. I'm at 263 Power and the only Milestones I have left are more Crucible poo poo and the Nightfall. Game is good.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I was down on Io at first but after spending some time there doing the adventures I've come to like it. The craggy geometry and neat giant trees are cool.

Serf
May 5, 2011

drat, I just realized I never got my MIDA Mini-Tool from Devrim Kay. Am I just screwed until Bungie deploys a fix?

Serf
May 5, 2011

My kingdom for a return of Halo Reach Firefight mode.

Serf
May 5, 2011

DrNutt posted:

People cried out for this all three years of Destiny and the closest we ever got was that lovely Archons Forge thing.

Which is a crime. Firefight was Halo at its most purestrain fun. Bring that back, imo

Serf
May 5, 2011

Played the required crucible matches for the milestone and went 4/6, but I somehow maintained over a 1.0 k/d in every game I was in, which leads me to believe that I must've been matched up against the true dregs of humanity. Overall its not too bad if you just chill and don't care about winning. So long as the milestones are still about participation and not victory this will be a pretty easy way to get gear for me.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I got the Sweet Business last night. Didn't like how it played so I infused it into my Scathelock instead. Worth it.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Sweet Business + Actium chest will poo poo out damage.

Probably, but I'm a Warlock.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Darth Windu posted:

Here are the ways I've figured out how to make events heroic

Cabal mining - shoot the flying ship until it dies (probably the easiest)
Cabal spying - shoot the vents when you have to evacuate
Taken one - dip in and out of the darkness aura then shoot the big darkness ball until it explode (takes forever)
Fallen tank - open all the thingies
Fallen servitor - kill all the lil servitors

I don't know how to do the others, been trying a lot on the vex assimilation one but I can't figure it out

I think the Vex one needs to you capture all three points.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Bungie should institute transmogging so you can wear what you want

Serf
May 5, 2011

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

They did :ssh: it's called infusion

those perks tho

Serf
May 5, 2011

I like SMGs, and the Riskrunner has been incredibly good when fighting Fallen.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Seriously just copy Firefight and put it in this game.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Feenix posted:

Is it intentional to spawn into the Tower by Ikora? It's happened like 3 times in a row now. :)

No big deal, just curious.

This has happened to me too.

Serf
May 5, 2011

dinklebot was always good

but they probably couldn't continue to afford dinklage

Serf
May 5, 2011

Dead Orbit won? Hell yeah.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Legs Benedict posted:

enjoy yuor lovely gun

Whoa, we get a gun??

Serf
May 5, 2011

I pledged to Dead Orbit because they have the coolest agenda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Roman posted:

We also get to pay only 5000 glimmer to finish the MIDA quest this week.

Oh cool, I need to do that still. I've been having lovely luck with getting scout rifles to drop. Is the free gun a scout rifle?