Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
So when Bungie was pulling ideas from Overwatch, did they include streamlining information like tinting grenades and supers based on which team they belong to, or callouts when its your teammate activating their super so you don't have to wonder if it's your Gunslinger or the enemy team's?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
streamlining's not really the right word but gently caress it

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Heroic strikes drop blue items that can go up to 390 light.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Mazerunner posted:

destiny 2 wishlist:

1 grunt birthday party
2 exotic grenade launcher that works like the pro pipe from Reach
3 exotic fusion/rocket launcher that works like the blueberry launcher from Reach
4 proper firefight modes, like in Reach
5 bring back Jorge

But especially 2, I loved that thing.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
10 sensitivity owns, actually.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
I'm almost certain the move to 4v4 for everything is to help mask SBMM and how it hits queue times in 6s. It's the Bungie thing to do.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Towards the end the only enjoyable pvp was private matches with bros. there, goofy lag and other bullshit was funny.

Unless they have really, really reworked core networking stuff, this sounds like all the bad dumb stuff turned to 11, all the fun dumb stuff turned down to 4, but hey we also took out private matches.

4v4s every match will be trials or worse, just like 3s by the end of D1

They didn't, games in the evening on the west coast were still starting unfilled with long queues, you still get shot through walls, and now they only show you your own connection because Bungie are a bunch of cowards who would rather just keep lying to players about their matchmaking than fix it and decided to just take away peoples' easiest ability to take a quick look and go "ah, there's some bullshit."

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
There's a difference between feeling weak and the enemy feeling tough, hth.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
http://i.imgur.com/BJvgKf9.gifv

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
https://i.imgur.com/n1c7XWs.gifv

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
They probably wasted their entire marketing budget on that lovely reveal event a couple months back.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

elpaganoescapa posted:

Plenty of normal-sized Titan pauldrons spotted on that PVP trailer. Friendship Regain With Destiny

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
It's called leveling up.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

cvnvcnv posted:

Given your equitable support of anime, I know I'm definitely doing things correctly.

Like pronouncing grenadier?

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
It's almost like that was the joke from the get-go.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

the good fax machine posted:

The radar is back to feeling pretty snappy after ADS though, and that's alright.

This is extremely good news.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Frush posted:

Our raid group regularly has 'Raid night sing-along', so I'm pretty sure that isn't too far off the mark in terms of what to expect from a Destiny group in terms of random factor.

Totoro's long-lost fireteam???

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

CheeseFactory posted:

So many spoliers on out right now. Like... most of the exotics.

One of the Titan boot exotics seems like its gonna help you Titan skate :getin:

Relationship ended with Dunemarchers. Now Lion Rampant is my best friend.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
I missed out on dudes by going on friday.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Delete your accounts

How is it in pvp? I've been running around with one on patrol and I'm a little worried about its TTK since it takes as many bursts to kill something as another pulse will, but each shot takes a little bit longer.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Cayde maps own because one of them gave me an FWC auto rifle that's otherwise impossible to get and it shoots like a god drat laser beam, probably the most stable auto rifle I've ever found. Even keeping my thumb off the stick the recoil only raised the aim a few degrees.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
I'm fairly certain his maps will be refreshed every week for whatever destination is the flashpoint. It'd be really stupid if he only ever gave you five maps you could just blow through in as many minutes and that's it, that's all you get for destiny 2.

FWIW anything you get out of them is completely random. I haven't seen (not that I've looked very hard) anyone else claim to get FWC gear out of the deal, one guy in the discord said he got a New Monarchy scout rifle. I'm just guessing that Cayde's chests have the chance to drop anything that's in the game.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
At first I wasn't big on the Aperture Science shotgun but then i used it in the middle of a mob and they all just kinda died and went flying. poo poo's great and actually feels like an exotic.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Gotta be 20, you get the weekly drops on a per-character basis rather than per-account.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
I'll stop using my MIDA when Bungie actually lets me see my radar when I unscope.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
I've been seriously considering it.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
All swords are a one-hit in PvP. There's some that have the sword version of the triple-tap perk, and swords also get a fair bit of ammo per pickup. If they're controlling the heavy drops then it'll probably seem like they're never running out of ammo.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Soulex posted:

Counter gently caress you:
Peter Stormare

Stormare aint got poo poo on the bae Shohreh Aghdashloo.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
They're the only way to get Zavala's armor set and weapons. Unless Vanguard-branded weapons can drop from Banshee.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Legs Benedict posted:

in a just world lars would like, catch a demotion or something for how god awful this pvp is especially since in interviews he made it seem like everyone on the crucible team disagreed with his position on making it 4v4 and super sweaty like this

Really? Then lol.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Vintersorg posted:

Just :lol: if you don't swear fealty to Peter loving Stormare.

I ain't signing on with someone whose big plan is to run away like a little bitch. I don't care how big their muscles are.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

https://twitter.com/ztiworoh/status/912707266842947584

hm. annoying that reply tweets carry over the original when posted.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Better hope you get good RNG out of your faction packages and don't get hosed over with nothing but the class item over and over!

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

borracho posted:

With the faction rally, there are now more shaders in game than inventory slots for them. :cheers: to the interface team!

-holds down square 70+ times to dismantle every copy of atlantis wash-

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Frush posted:

From a ways back now, and correct me if I'm wrong here, but wouldn't a single purple elemental mod fix that problem?

Kinetics can't be made elemental, and elementals can't be made kinetic.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

I'm guessing mostly due to high cal rounds on a high RoF weapon, plus bonus hipfire stability on a class of gun you hardly ever want to be ADS with?

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Mithross posted:

There are a lot of little hints that something bad has happened to the Fallen.

There's a house sigil that Ghost doesnt recpgnize.

He comments that every Fallen house used to use it's own frequency but now they all use the Kings.

And there's a scannable in Titan that's set to detect transmissions from the Fallen homeworld, and it isn't getting any

The Fallen all came together under the House of Kings because it was the only one with leadership left intact after the guardians were finished with them, and then the Awoken Queen's brother just kinda stepped in and took over in one of the Age of Triumph grimoire cards. I've got no fuckin' clue why they just let the smug blue bastard walk in and take over, but here we are.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Main Ingredient's been getting a lot of use, don't have one myself, wish I did. Shock and Awe does the job, though.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Imho it's much simpler to have each shooter own a platform/psion and assist shoot the one to the right as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Quickfang.