Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
people don't have utnayan on their ignore list? It's 2017 folks, get with the program

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

the good fax machine posted:

No private matches at launch, lmao.. look for them as part of the year 5 update

Who gives a poo poo

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Private matches let you figure out wlexactly where to aim to hit nasty sticks and took around to find headglitches and also it's fun as hell to play with your buddies and have dumb fun rules like only autos and fusions and dumb poo poo

Alright fair, this is a good sales pitch

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Lmao you'd think that after the first melee..

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

eonwe posted:

is that a sexual joke

impossible, no one in this thread has ever hosed

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Oh, good, they're using dedicated servers...

TWAB posted:

Every activity in Destiny 2 is hosted by one of our servers. That means you will never again suffer a host migration during your Raid attempt or Trials match. This differs from Destiny 1, where these hosting duties were performed by player consoles and only script and mission logic ran in the data center. To understand the foundation on which we’re building, check out this Destiny 1 presentation from GDC. Using the terms from this talk, in Destiny 2, both the Mission Host and Physics Host will run in our data centers.

That sounds great, tell me mo--

Also TWAB posted:

Wait, so we do have dedicated servers?

Matt: We don't use that term, because in the gaming community, “dedicated servers” refers to pure client-server networking models. Destiny 2 uses a hybrid of client-server and peer-to-peer technology, just like Destiny 1. The server is authoritative over how the game progresses, and each player is authoritative over their own movement and abilities. This allows us to give players the feeling of immediacy in all their moving and shooting – no matter where they live and no matter whom they choose to play with.

what the gently caress is wrong with these people

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

yeah i love combined arms that poo poo was great

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

The Meat Dimension posted:

I will embrace holding X/square and hailing Satan

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Darth Windu posted:

WHAT DO I do with legendary marks when I'm above 390

buy guns you like

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

there are plenty of fun goons on PS4 we just aren't egomaniacs who constantly about our dicks

not that there is anything wrong with that, at all, in fact

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

cvnvcnv posted:

This page looks like mostly PS4 poons.

Where did Jackson go? Isn't he in jail, or something? :smith: I hope he gets to enjoy D2.

wait what

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

i have never gotten killed twice by the same roaming super but then pvp is probably about 1/4 of my playtime, I'm sure for a lot of you dudes that number is closer to 1/2 or more which ups the odds

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

It's like Bizarro Tei

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

not the same people at all

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Nice

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Maker Of Shoes posted:

None IB Rift is the best game mode. It brings out the bads.

http://i.imgur.com/ZnKmiqR.gifv

i wish i knew what it was about rift that makes people so impressively stupid

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

actionjackson posted:

there's another gun besides zaouli's bane that reloads like that? is that dreg's promise?

yeah thats dregs

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

anthem is phantasy star online for 2018 2019

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

[Sony exec voice] GogoGadgetChris has a dinner and a movie with a lady from tinder at 7:30 Friday night

[Fake onstage banter voice]Heh, and she's paying for everything

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

https://twitter.com/UrkMcGurk/status/874454847596019713

beta on 7/21

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

trash person posted:

Not to be a downer, but is anyone a little disappointed by what they've shown so far? I'm not sure what I was expecting, maybe a greater departure from Destiny 1 in some way I can't define.

It just looks like...more Destiny and I haven't seen anything that won't make the endgame any less stale.

I'm probably just being over critical or something but eh

I mean what were you expecting, did you want them to release an RTS

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

It's just space jam, have fun with your bros

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

All Bungo needs to do is set up a small DLC.
I picture maybe a DLC set out to answer all these questions for us. It could be a "Time to Explain DLC". It would contain like maybe 6 story missions. 3 for the Exo and 3 for the Queen.
With the Queen we could be contacted by her brother who created a small outpost on Mars near his crash site. There could be a small number of Awoken and even Fallen who are gearing up to save the Queen. She could be being held by some Taken forces that have yet to learn about Oryx. or maybe just hive. 3 missions to save her, at the end her, her brother, and the rest of the awoken decide to go in hiding since this isnt their war to fight.
With the Stranger I personally love the story about the Ishatr scientists studying the Vex. Something along the lines of 2 lovers became scientists and studied the Vex on venus. One joined hyperion and went off to do research with them while one remained on venus. The one that remained that helped create some machine that would allow us to see every timeline. Similar to how the vex can enter any time line we could at least watch them to see what the vex are doing. The scientist attempts to enter the device but the human mind cant handle it so it kills her. Her lover who was away with hyperion maybe have learned how to actually time travel using hyperion tech. Also learning the human mind cant take time travel she becomes an exo before the warmind takes control of all exos. She enters the machine and becomes the exo stranger. That theory ended with the stranger went time hopping looking for an instance of her lovers existence. They had originally replicated themselves and put their being/consciousness into a TON of vex simulations so they could learn the vex in every time line. The exo stranger goes looking through time for her lover. She finds her, but also learns that her lover had entered the machine to look for HER. The replica of her lover having already found a replica of herself in another timeline realized the only way to keep that relationship safe is to make sure the vex never take control. So the exo stranger sets out on a mission to stop the vex.
She wasnt formed in light because she was just a scientists that made herself an exo then begain time traveling before the warmind took control of the exos. Rasputin claims she is an exo but not one of his. She learned how to time travel through hyperion tech and hates the vex because they prevented her from being with the person she loves.
We could meet up with her, the person shes talking to on comms is Lakshmi from the FWC. They need help with the hyperion tech because it seems the vex have found a way to manipulate it for their own gain. They need our help destroying a Nexus mind that has downloaded the hyperion time travel tech. In these stories we go back in time and meet the Exos lover. We learn their story and why the exo stranger hates the vex. We destroy the Nexus and the hyperion tech as well. The Exo loses her lover to time but prevents the Vex from controlling it. The Exo disappears again saying while her fight is not beside is it is always with us. While we may never see the strings she pulls we can be assured those strings will be there keep things together.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I like the parts where he

1) said the Exo Stranger "story arc" is complete

2) devolved Mara Sov's entire character down into "cosplay bait"

Lore nerds are having actual meltdowns on youtube right now

It loving rules

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Time to accept that D2 is a complete reboot of the Destiny story. At this point I'm convinced Bungie will make 4 games. D1 in Smith's own words was a beta, an "episode zero". They've written a new story and will tell it over 3 new games.

I fully expect D2 to be dumbed down. I expect the game to be more like Halo. I expect the difficulty of obtaining exotics and various end game items to be decreased. I expect the difficulty of raiding to be decreased.

I have nearly 60 days play time on D1 across three toons. The overhaul of the story and the removal of the grimoire won't keep me from buying D2, but the more that is revealed about the game the more I can see me spending less time with D2. In the end, accountants always win. RIP original grand plan for the Destiny universe.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Floppychop posted:

From what I understand the original plan for Destiny was dead before the release when they were forced to change the story.

Yeah but reddit spergs can't accept that poo poo for some reason

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Alright to be honest I've been thinking about a calm and collected way to state my concerns and I think I finally figured it out and mainly there are only a few of them but they're fairly large concerns for a game on the scale of Destiny.
Lack of build variety: I find that in Destiny part of the beauty of the game is being able to choose between perks to make them have synergies with each other. Destiny 2 is effectively killing this with what currently looks forcing us to run 1 of 2 sets of predetermined perks. That's a step backwards in any world just because you go from giving us free reign of our subclass to forcing us to choose how we want to play. What happened to play your way?
Weapon Slots: This is a personal gripe with the way the weapon system has been reconfigured in D2. What is the point of the energy weapon outside of killing supers faster in crucible or using them in possible burn modifiers if those come back. I understand how shields in Destiny work for enemies in PvE but let's be honest it's not like an explosive rounds scout or a grenade of any element exactly had a problem tearing through any shield regardless of elemental weakness. What was the point of basically giving us 2 primaries, removing machine guns, and making shotguns and fusion rifles and snipers the same slot as rocket launchers and grenade launchers? In my opinion this was a small step backwards.
Catering to PvP: I'm sorry ahead of time because this isn't going to make me any friends but it needs to be said. I heavily agree with Datto on this topic. The lack of ability cooldowns, the lack of good weapons in the secondary slot, and my previous complaint of lacking subclass customization. They all feel like they were meant to cater towards PvP. It feels like instead of figuring out a way to balance PvP they just said "gently caress it" and just tried to balance everything around PvP. That's not good game design. This isn't overwatch, CoD, or titanfall. You have PvE content that noone complained about ability spam in. Did Warpriest, Vosik, Golgoroth, and Templar all go to the Bungie forums and cry about snipers being OP and needing to be heavy weapon? No, but crucible players have bitched about getting their heads taken off when they brainlessly walk around a corner that's clearly a sniper lane. Did strike bosses, PoE bosses, and story bosses go to the forums and complain about shotguns shredding their health too fast? No, but crucible players have bitched about them since day 1 being too good with the only acceptable complaint was felwinters lie because when it was introduced nothing except another felwinters could compete with it in the special slot. That changed in HoW however. All your changes to abilities and weapons were based around PvP which isn't the focus of Destiny. Huge step backwards.
I hope this post doesn't just get downvoted into oblivion, but it's my feelings on the current state of how Destiny 2 is looking and honestly I don't even know if it's a worthy sequel at this point. The PvE better be amazing with these new changes because if this game has the same PvP focus it feels like Destiny had since HoW dropped I don't think it's going to last.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Monolith. posted:

At the end of the day, I want an actual sequel and from what we've seen so far, it doesn't look like we are getting that.

what does this even mean

What does an "actual sequel" look like, is it a VR-only RTS where you cone dudes from orbit

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Dead orbit scout, shotgun, sniper and fusion rifle are pretty pro this week. Good job dorbit dude

yeah that keystone looks like a perfect pve roll, haven't looked at the rest tho

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

they're cargo jorts get it right

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

based on some countdown footage from E3 it looked like multiple (like 3 or more) power ammo stations were active simultaneously, which is nice

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

the map doesn't seem to include an icon for player location, which, LOL

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

elpaganoescapa posted:

I'm a little disappointed about no patrol during the beta. Maybe they'll announce some surprises while it's ongoing.

it's mostly a server test, i wouldn't expect anything they haven't already announced. The original D1 beta showed way too much, anyway

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

AAB posted:

back down to only 2 subclasses

op TEMP ghost

otoh there's pics of the same menu with 3 diamonds and also a titan with three different colored glowy hands

bungie is just loving with us at this point

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

el B posted:

Color me surprised. I honestly didn't think they'd bring blink back to the game.

Titan walls are going to be annoying as poo poo. Hunter evade rolls seem pretty underwhelming compared to the other class' abilities, but on the other hand I'll finally (sort of) get my wish of having blink and shadestep on the same class.

pretty sure blink is warlock only now my dude

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

sadnessboner posted:

Half a clip into him and this guy didn't even take damage

http://i.imgur.com/Og4NupC.gifv

am i a loving idiot or is he not just shooting a teammate here, because the guy playing the warlock is trash

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Policenaut posted:

That bubble is a lot bigger than I remember. It looks like there's easily enough room for a full raid party in that thing. I like it.

Also having a laugh of this dude explaining all the visual effects of a bubble taking damage and it cuts to a clip where none of that is shown.

whoever is editing this poo poo for IGN is trash

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

xzzy posted:

Hopefully the solar warlock charged super turns them into Cyclops.

Blasting sleeper simulant style reflecting beam all the gently caress over the map. :hellyeah:

Man now i'm gonna be loving bummed if this isn't the case

LOL if the alternate supers for each class are just the D1-style super tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

i thought they confirmed that self res is gone