Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

https://i.imgur.com/uQddFB7.gifv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn1dML6RC5w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVC0iN_mUW0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv5ktztEFF4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPbigZHWs-s

:bignews::bignews:
PC BETA DATE AUGUST 28-31

Recommended Specs
CPU: Intel Core i5-2400, AMD Ryzen R5 1600X
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970, AMD Radeon R9 390
RAM: 8GB

Minimum Specs
CPU: Intel Core i3-3250, AMD FX-4350
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB, AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
RAM: 6GB
:bignews::bignews:

It's on Blizzard's launcher:

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/news/?d=2017-5#181745

PC specific features include:

4K Resolution Support (3820x2160)
Uncapped framerate
Full mouse and keyboard support with custom key mapping
Text chat
Adjustable Field of View
Detailed PC settings screen
21:9 monitor support

Coming Oct. 24
https://www.polygon.com/e3/2017/6/14/15805244/destiny-2-pc-delay-e3-2017-bungie-vicarious-visions

VideoGames posted:

Hello lovely PC gamers excited for Destiny 2!

I've requested that the console posters stick to their thread and I ask that you do the same. I don't want each of you warring like really factions across the forums. It's unsightly and unwarranted. I feel we can all get along and enjoy our respective versions of Destiny 2 :D

Thank you kindly, all!

Since the peasants aren't playing nice and sharing their thread, we'll have to form our own GoonSquad: :getin::getin:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r4sQvZx46tnr35soSE0U1xffQekv5YFQpSGLtqqvRNk/edit?usp=sharing:getin::getin:

60 Goons Per Second Clan site: https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/2008697

Attention Amazon Prime members! Preorders are 20% off for all platforms and come with beta access!

treiz01 fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Aug 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

get wrecked pc shitlords

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!
Dead gay platform

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
Please keep the peasantry in your own dead, gay thread. The old Destiny thread was cool.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
This thread was supposed to launch a few weeks after the console thread

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im gonna get this

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

eonwe posted:

im gonna get this

Same! I've actually pre-ordered through Amazon and recieved my beta access code.

Some Zero
Sep 23, 2009
31 frames about the same as the population 1 month after launch (4 months after the real launch)

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I want to get this game, but will anyone be making a SA Clan?

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

SgtSteel91 posted:

I want to get this game, but will anyone be making a SA Clan?

I'll definitely help!

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
I think I'm gonna get this game on PC, yessir.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Whoa legit shocked this is on Blizzard's launcher.

Too bad I don't play WoW obsessively anymore or I could buy it with Blizz Bucks.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Pretty sure I'll play this on kb+m without a xim that totally isn't an advantage over controllers no sir.

e: actually it depends on what platform exclusives there are.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

eonwe posted:

im gonna get this

:yeah:

A couple friends who didn't have consoles are getting it on PC, so's my brother, so I'm set for pvp at least.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

got my blizzard bucks already loaded up, thanks wow you enabled me to play destiny 2 for free!

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
The release possibly not being day and date with consoles kinda really loving sucks and hurts the long term player base

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I'll be happy to be able to play Destiny now that it's not on a toy for babbys and you can use a keyboard and mouse.

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
Feeling for those poor guys who blew their WoWbucks on Overwatch crates and Hearthstone packs instead of an Activision Blizzard videogame.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Allegedly the lead PvP guy confirmed no dedicated servers, so rest in piss pc port of destiny 2

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Bolow posted:

Allegedly the lead PvP guy confirmed no dedicated servers, so rest in piss pc port of destiny 2

Yeah, apparently confirmed here: http://www.pcgamer.com/hands-on-with-the-pc-version-of-destiny-2-campaign-strikes-and-pvp/

Let's make our shooter MMO peer to peer in the year 2017! It certainly won't be garbage!

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Bolow posted:

It's also 4v4 so lol2that

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
With the PC release being delayed, how long will it take for them to add heists?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I look forward to going on patrol and end up with a hacker in my instance who proceeds to delete all of my gear while Bungie just :shrug:

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
lol @ salty console plebs

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

lol @ salty console plebs

Yeah they got mad in the old Destiny thread, their thread, and this one.

Zaodai posted:

Yeah, apparently confirmed here: http://www.pcgamer.com/hands-on-with-the-pc-version-of-destiny-2-campaign-strikes-and-pvp/

Let's make our shooter MMO peer to peer in the year 2017! It certainly won't be garbage!

God this is loving dumb. For Honor does this too. How do you loving run an MMO with p2p matchmaking??

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Was waiting for the first game to hit PC for so long the second game did instead. I guess that works.

Played a little Destiny 1 on consoles but I just can't stand using a controller for a shooter so I abandoned it pretty quick. Looking forward to this a lot, hoping some friends who played 1 on consoles make the switch to PC.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

treiz01 posted:

Yeah they got mad in the old Destiny thread, their thread, and this one.

God this is loving dumb. For Honor does this too. How do you loving run an MMO with p2p matchmaking??

Yeah, there are bootleg Chinese MMOs with dedicated servers. They have access to Blizzard knowledge and they're not going to take advantage of it for server infrastructure for their MMO? Boggles the mind.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
I don't understand why they aren't doing dedicated servers? Do they really expect this game to not be profitable enough to justify them? Blizzard loving invented the schemes to dynamically scale server availability to demand for MMOs, ignoring that just makes no drat sense.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
they're not actual improvements if you're just removing the unnecessary layers of obfuscation that shouldn't have been there to begin with, oh and why not just have some new layers of stupid poo poo while we're at it

that little bitch munchkin luke smith is so up his own rear end it's like we really sat around and thought about this "LFG" problem and wondered how we could put our own unique stamp on something that's been solved for 20+ years, and here it is! can't wait til destiny 3 gets rid of this stupid clan poo poo and I can just queue up without it being a pain in the rear end, only took 3 games to stumble upon the correct solution! what fuckin' geniuses!

this series is going to be 10 years of great art design wasted by the most amateur gameplay design retards I have ever seen.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Winged Orpheus posted:

I don't understand why they aren't doing dedicated servers? Do they really expect this game to not be profitable enough to justify them? Blizzard loving invented the schemes to dynamically scale server availability to demand for MMOs, ignoring that just makes no drat sense.

no see they didn't figure it out for themselves through years of pain staking trial and error

like why not have a map renderer that takes 20 hours to load? let's try that for a game and see how it works.

dedicated servers in destiny 5 please be excited

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Zaodai posted:

Into the loving garbage it goes.

I wasn't thrilled about the delay and the possible second class treatment the port would be getting but this just clinches it.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Can't wait for this lovely port to not run properly for the first 3 months after launch.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Game looks exactly like 1 so I lost interest completely. Superior graphics/framerate won't save it.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i wish bungie would make a new marathon

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Can't wait for this lovely port to not run properly for the first 3 months after launch.

It'll be fine, you just need to download the right drivers. The beta ones, but not the newest ones. You need the beta drivers from three versions ago.

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin
Thread needs more circlejerk gifs.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I have complete confidence in the Skylanders development team making a rock solid, stable PC port

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
I was hoping cross play would save me from having to make new friends on PC but apparently a PC save cloud can't possibly talk to a console save cloud

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

Zaodai posted:

They have access to Blizzard knowledge and they're not going to take advantage of it for server infrastructure for their MMO? Boggles the mind.

This is by far the most confusing thing. If you're already using Blizzard's game client to handle your PC services, why not have the same dedicated servers used for LITERALLY ALL BLIZZARD GAMES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Mods, please rename the thread "Destiny 2 on PC: Peer to Peer Console Garbage".

• Locked thread