Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!
Dead gay platform

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

Didn't Trump make an executive order to close this thread? Make America great again!
PC's dead.

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/01/dont-look-now-but-the-pc-is-the-worlds-biggest-gaming-platform/

Huh.

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

treiz01 posted:

Ah yes, I see how strafe compensation is worse than autoaim in a game about aiming guns

Also, source please.

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

treiz01 posted:

Source please

Like, just once? For one of your statements?

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

the good fax machine posted:

I wish it were coming out for Switch too

The TRUE master race. PC's are just place holding for the real winner.

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

treiz01 posted:

Meanwhile in the console thread

Cool. But you haven't sourced your information either...sooo....????

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

You made points to counter (all glory to) The Buff Gay Dude. I didn't see sources. I was just curious. If he had provided them, would you have been able to rebut without them? Are they hiding up your sleeves, if he does???
Genuinely curious. He's made some hard points. Nothing was offered in return, other than, "quote your sources."

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

treiz01 posted:

Let's not assume that Buff Gay Dude has any sources. I said things about auto aim on consoles and bullet magnetism, which you can google yourself. It's a fact of life for console shooters.

So, you can't Google his, if you're so hard up for them?

I've seen his source. It's... impressive...

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I actually posted really basic code that smoothes keyboard input based on player state

:cheers:

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

[Reviewing ancient texts] "source please" is...Sanskrit...for "I'm not owned"

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

Maker Of Shoes posted:

yeah, hella mad

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Taking bets on just how many patches/hotfixes it takes to have the game run on your rig.
Side bets on how many drivers you gotta update

Lol. The first thing these waifu lovers will do is mod out Ikora and replace her with an anime doll half naked.

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

Don't you dare take the high road on us.

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

The real answer is buy a console, build a custom rig with a monitor and have a portable gaming system. Because as stupid as that sounds, a gaming laptop is worse.

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

what the gently caress is this moonspeak.
none of those numbers are gonna help you diagnose the crashing to desktop problems you're gonna encounter.
and just lol if you think bungie is gonna actually fix that poo poo in less than 3 years

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

Tei posted:

Destiny on the PC is not what is important here. Is Bungie on the PC.

I use to be a PC player until 3 or 4 years ago, and I had no idea whatosoever about Bungie. To me they where a unknown.

When I started playing Destiny, I focused on automatic rifles. Because when you play on the PC, a automatic rifle is the best combination of stopping power, mag size and handling. But Bungie have other prototypes.

Getting handcanons the way Bungie understand them is not easy. With a handcanon you have a small mag, slow rate or fire. You have to make sure each shot matter. Is a bit like in a western movie.

Is possible for me, a PC player adicted to automatic rifles, to drop that and use a hand canon? I did and I enjoyed it.

Bungie is one of these companies that have something unique to say about videogames. And not having Bungie games on the PC means PC players did not had this experience available for them.

What's your deal?

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

But like most men, I like to "DP" (dual platform) and also I use a mouse and keyboard to play destiny.

Born in both worlds, wanted in neither. Where the hell do you want me, VideoGames?!

Segregation. It was our goal all along.

Enjoy your port, fellas.

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Get used to it, they can't even last a week before losing self-control and flat-out ignoring a moderator's post

The 'bone krew' is the_donald of destiny, they aren't going anywhere so just report & press ignore and move on

Jelly poo you can't be Krew?

At any rate. Though the last few posts in here might've been hard for soft ears, they were helpful and honest. The consoles have played this game for years.
But, what would we know?

The cheating on Destiny is horrendous and the only way to get rid of them is to report them to whatever console overseer you play for. Bungie has done poo poo.

Porting to PC is only going to make this worse for you.

We're just hoping they all go PC and leave us alone for the most part.

Spiv fucked around with this message at 12:18 on May 26, 2017

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

eonwe posted:

please be good to each other, in this, the destiny 2 pc nice chat thread for friendly and helpful people

We were, then "someone" got bent out of shape about us filling the PC crowd in on just how lovely the PvP got. And apparently how angry we talk.

The carry economy destroyed everything.

You can pay someone to get you to max light, and then start playing. This is the worst, these people are worse then useless in end game pve content because they have no idea what they are doing.

Find/make a PC clan and stick to it. If you try to solo this game, it'll suck rear end.

Zed, post your ignore list, please. Asking for a friend.

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

Tei posted:

I helped Minecraft modding start.

Decompiled the game, and wrote documentation for all functions, many people contributed to the effort. When "SDK" kits where created, to make creating mods easier, I helped test them.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dF7ZbtadbjmxAKQa7p5-gQOYVh-bwxGQxX25bMoCFOg/edit#gid=36

The weird thing about Minecraft modding, is that they want to mod for money. Something I have nothing against, but is kind of weird. You must mod because you love modding.

The Minecraft modding community is kind of weird and toxic.

I have the same feeling with streamers making money carrying people. Is not my problem. I am about freedom. But I don't think is a good idea to play a videogame for money, you must play because you have fun. Is something between the streamer and the carried dudes. Not my problem.

But yea, I hope Bungie provide alternatives to that.

Something that Bungie can make, is a version of the raid for 3 persons. We know is possible, because every raid has ben done with 2 and even 1 person, but it could (maybe) create this super-sweaty tier that is not osiris. Perhaps. I am not game dev.

I think the new guided games mechanic is some what of a way to address it. But it could back fire hard with wicked trolling that will turn players away.

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Look I'm trying to help your thread here but your incessant "I'm not owned" bit isn't helping us to work through our issues and get this relationship back on track.

We used to have a similar hawkish OP in the console thread. Nobody's seen him in years. Embrace the chaos. Let the bone krew enter you.

:feelsgood:

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

ufarn posted:

Does Destiny have a report button on console?

Yes. You can report people for a bunch things. Cheating and connection are two of them.

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

If we didn't post here, you'd all still be on page 1. Seriously, this thread is more dead than Destiny 1.

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

moist turtleneck posted:

Too bad I have bubble

About all you have.

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

sadnessboner posted:

The confirmation of no cross save is a knife to the heart

There should be a parade to celebrate.

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

cvnvcnv posted:

Hustle and Loyalty, because Respect is off the table :colbert:

:discourse:

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I hope the pc thread has wished the console thread a happy Father's Day

Because we all know a PC user doesn't have the "time" to be a daddy... In every possible use of the word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

treiz01 posted:

Nothing would make me happier than inflicting a new life with psoriasis and a 50/50 shot at being bipolar

That's the spirit!

• Locked thread