Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Allegedly the lead PvP guy confirmed no dedicated servers, so rest in piss pc port of destiny 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I look forward to going on patrol and end up with a hacker in my instance who proceeds to delete all of my gear while Bungie just :shrug:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I have complete confidence in the Skylanders development team making a rock solid, stable PC port

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

eonwe posted:

what class are yo uguys going to play on the destiny 2 pc version

probably warlock like i played destiny 1, but honestly i feel like the pc version is going to be a massive shitshow and i'll get it just out of morbid curiosity to see how bad it gets. it helps that i'm not actually spending money on the pc version and i'm just using my old wow gold to buy it in lieu of overwatch lootboxes

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i will play this video game both on my very expensive computer as well my playstation 4, the console of choice for adult men who don't need to scream at internet strangers about their dicks

:same:

but i like screaming at people about my dick

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Just lol if your rig isn't cooled in mercury

i have my rig sitting in my bathtub full of mineral oil. i haven't showered in months but sacrifices have to be made for an extra 10% clockspeed

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

AAB posted:

I can't believe that oryx is a girl still

He's a sequential hermaphrodite baka

I wonder if the goon who wrote most of the book of sorrow and a few other grimoire entries is doing more poo poo this time.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

How the hell is Toland the Shattered gonna write any more grimoires when he's just a glowy light on the Dreadnaught, idiot??

Oh poo poo was he actually the glowy light? I don't think I've really read anything from the Rise of Iron grimoire stuff.

General Battuta from these forums wrote most of the Book of Sorrow, but I think he's busy writing another book to do more poo poo about space wizards fighting evil worms on the moon

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The Meat Dimension posted:

There's an armor set in Destiny named Battuta, so maybe that poster is the writer.

Also book was good would recommend

He also writes the story and does some development work for a Freespace 2 mod called War in Heaven which is insanely loving good if you like space sim combat

Tei posted:

Haha.. Kotaku is making a article about people storing wow gold to buy Destiny. Fun if true. It would be kind of hilarious if somebody end buying a Destiny dance emote from gold looted killing orcs :D

Activision-Blizzard is basically making $80 off those transactions as opposed to $60, so they're probably stoked as gently caress about it. WoW tokens are bought for $20 or whatever the current gold rate is at, usually between 89k-100k. You can take that token and exchange it for gold, game time or $15 of b.net balance. Tokens can only originate from someone paying $20 for the initial token, and it's not uncommon for there simply to be not enough tokens to go around following a major Blizzard release. So the price of tokens are going to skyrocket, people are going to buy tokens to sell for a shitload of gold and Acti-Blizz is going to laugh all the way to the loving bank

Bolow fucked around with this message at 23:48 on May 21, 2017

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

treiz01 posted:

Sweet, this is some good info too.

My favorite line: "We have a variety of top-secret strategies to ensure that the life of a cheater in Destiny 2 PC will be nasty, brutish, and short."

lol if you think they're going to do a single thing. also judging from the netcode description bungie genuinely has no loving idea how to make a proper network+peer system work on their janky goddamn engine

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

I highly doubt it, as chasing the perfect rolls on the perfect gear was a hallmark of the destiny grind. It looks like they may have some kind of wildcard mod slot in legendary gear now though, possibly making it easier to get the good looking gear and have the right perks. But it could also be completely cosmetic.

Unless they make armor, speed and recovery actually matter outside of the handful of edgecases, chasing the perfect roll looks like it's not going to be a thing

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

the good fax machine posted:

Actually, as it turns out, all the best exotic weapons were fusion rifles

That's because fusion rifles are the best weapons

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I hope the PvE content is good, I don't really care for the PvP but then again Halo was never really my thing outside of firefight

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I'm pretty sure he was sitting on his couch like a boss, probably in a refractory period or digesting a post-workout shake for the overwhelming majority of those hours. Not sitting in a dark room at a computer desk.

is post-workout shake a euphemism for cum

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

It's gonna be a kickass port anyway, since they've assigned a separate developer dedicated to moving it onto the platform with all the requisite changes such as ultra-widescreen, 4k60, adjustable FOV and other really basic poo poo that leaves consoles in the stone age.

hmmm yes from the development team who brought you guitar hero on the nintendo wii and forgot to make it stereo instead of mono audio, and the team who has produced nothing but skylanders poo poo for better half of a decade is going to really knock the pc port of destiny 2 out of the park.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

Uh I watched the Xbox One X Stream on Microsoft's bleeding edge streaming service known as Mixer and Microsoft's Premier Gaming and Entertainment System awarded me with more than 20 free games in the Exclusive Package known as Rare™ Replay

huh i do wonder what jet force gemini plays like at a double digit frame rate

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

The PlayStation exclusive stuff is 80% Bad Content so I'm fine with that

It was basically pre-nerf Hawkmoon, and the Exodus Blue crucible map wasn't it? I guess the Monte Carlo was alright. Everything else was pretty poo poo though.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The only time Sunsinger was actually fun to play was Aksis if your group was good enough to supercharge for every teleport. And I guess or pushing Atheon and Templar off ledges

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

limaCAT posted:

About 800$

but the xbonex won't do 60fps????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

eonwe posted:

can you explain what you mean by this

do you mean Destiny 2 will have different balance for PvE and PvP? if so, I'm good with that actually. why do you think its bad? just wondering

PvP was effectively a footnote to the actual Destiny experience. It has always been an unbalanced mess for better or worse (usually worse), but it allowed the PvE to have some genuinely fun builds that let you do all kinds of goofy poo poo.

The worry is, if PvE and PvP are brought into parity of one another, you're watering down the experience of one of them to make the other better, leaving you with an overall mediocre experience.

• Locked thread