Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
lol @ salty console plebs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Interestingly, the crosshair for the PC version is centered, I wonder if that's an option or not.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

if the crosshairs are offcenter in destiny 1, it has never been noticeable to me and i have played a lot of destiny.

If you're a Bungie fan you may not notice as it's been a staple of their shooters since Halo 2 way back in 2004. I personally want the off-center crosshair to stay - it's essential because a lot of the action is vertical. No point having half your view on the ground after all. It's not a big deal but I hope the option is there to choose.

eonwe posted:

Most console FPS games have off center crosshairs right? I assume they're centering them for the PC version of Destiny 2. Not sure what the benefit of off center is, maybe it looks better or more natural on a large screen?

The only non-Bungie game to do off-centre crosshairs is Prey. It's lowered because that means you're seeing more of the higher ground since the crosshair is generally held at eye-level.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Spiv posted:

Segregation. It was our goal all along.

Enjoy your port, fellas.

Did you misunderstand VideoGames' post or something

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Tei posted:

Haha.. Kotaku is making a article about people storing wow gold to buy Destiny. Fun if true. It would be kind of hilarious if somebody end buying a Destiny dance emote from gold looted killing orcs :D

Well yeah. Assuming the game sells for £60, I have enough WoW gold to buy it outright. I knew being a sad, sad nerd would pay off someday.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

The writers for The Division must have been payed by the word because everyone just keeps talking. Every collectable audio log feels like it explains what it is trying to say at least twice.

I wish the snow looked as good in Destiny though.

Ubisoft has a nasty habit of cramming their games with absolute crap and filler. They're the kind of people who would try to fill silences with awkward conversation just for the sake of keeping their mouths open

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Winged Orpheus posted:

Any word on how to register for beta on pc yet? I have a code but don't see a way to make an account without an xbox or psn account.

More battle.net info in the next few weeks. The theory goes that when the preorder comes up on the battle.net client you'll get beta access through that. You get beta access automatically through preordering via Xbox Live or PSN, so it stands to reason that'll be the same story for the battle.net client.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

The only pc footage is on Nvidia official Twitter. You can't see much but the centered crosshair, altered view models and ADS is immediately apparent.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NVIDIAGeForce/status/865290704955691008

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 20:38 on May 23, 2017

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

quote:

Hello lovely console players!

Please stick to this thread to talk about Destiny 2 console gaming. (I will most likely be joining you all on my PS4.) Please do not antagonise the PC thread. The reason I stickied it was just to see your reaction. I was a little shocked to see your vitriol in this thread towards PC gamers. Surely we can all play our games and enjoy them without berating others!

Don't worry, I will ask that the PC gamers stick to their (unstuck) thread too.

Thank you kindly, all!

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

eonwe posted:

the pc thread is the nice chat thread for friendly and helpful people

Get used to it, they can't even last a week before losing self-control and flat-out ignoring a moderator's post

The 'bone krew' is the_donald of destiny, they aren't going anywhere so just report & press ignore and move on

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

It's still one of the best exotics for titans, especially in a couple of the raids

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

hey welcome to the show! posted:

Yeah his observations on the supers are based on just the archetypes we've seen, at least I hope there not all super offensive and we get some support classes.

I think what's happened is that all supers are offensive, with defensive and utility skills moved to the third class ability. It would make sense.
For instance, the warlock has weapons of light/blessing of light on their third class ability, freeing defender up to become sentinel.
Because the defensive and utility abilities are class-wide, it also removes mandatory specs in raids (ie defenders and nightstalkers) and lets players play the spec they enjoy the most.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

The mythoclast is so terribly disappointing in year 3 :smith:

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

For a while everyone who posted in the Diablo 3 forum got tarred and feathered with one of those auction house avatars, myself included. This was way back in 2012. I think a couple of goons still have it.

I think the cheating will be overstated even on the PC version; character, item and mission scripting control is all done on Bungie's servers. The most you'd get is an aimbot, which are the easiest things in the world to automate detection and bans on. Similar detection methods are in place on WoW already, you do certain actions and you get disconnected, do it too much you get suspended.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Injuryprone posted:

I have a PC and no console. Do you think PC will have a sizable population for awhile?

Nobody is going to play it on PC at all.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

That E3 demo owned bones, I remember everyone cheering when MC got the SMGs and blasted some mooks away.
It wasn't in the final game but it was a pretty loving cool video.
I think the next E3 after that they showed off the Zanzibar multiplayer map and that was pretty cool too. The destructible vehicles blew everyones' minds.

Halo 2 didn't quite meet the hype, but Halo 3 was a different beast altogether and a ridiculously good game. Alongside Dark Souls, the only game that exceeded the hype last gen.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

The population of [platform you own] will be more than enough. The population of [platform you don't own] will be too small

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

So uh I was just playing some D1 as usual and when I went to watch some Inverted Strike D2 footage it dawned on me that the enemy count is noticeably smaller compared to the first game. It had less enemies than any strike in D1. For a vex strike it was also curiously absent of any hydras or even any new vex types. No wave-based action either except for the elevator.

I'm sure the numbers will get bumped up for final. I'll be surprised if the sparseness stays as it is.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

More D2 information tomorrow include beta dates and a possible PC release date. The big litmus test is if Nvidia is allowed to show direct 4k60 footage.

It's also possible that Microsoft will show off D2 with their Scorpio just a few hours from now.

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jun 11, 2017

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

That anthem thing does seem like one of those iOS mobile phone knockoffs of Destiny, I guess because it's Bioware you can romance and have sex with the aliens in it or something. For some reason they are obsessed with that sort of thing in their games. Crucible gifs in Destiny threads, erotic fanfics in anthem threads.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Unsurprisingly they are ignoring D1's story. Smith flat out says the cabal aren't associated in any way with the darkness. Hopefully they write off the stranger plotline too.

Guess the writing team went to school and learned to apply more nuance than a 6-year-old in their stories.

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jun 12, 2017

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You'll get more posts from non-PC users mocking the possibility of such, I wouldn't worry about it

To some people the idea of updating drivers~ seem impossibly daunting, never mind the fact that it's been automated and hands-free for years now

It's gonna be a kickass port anyway, since they've assigned a separate developer dedicated to moving it onto the platform with all the requisite changes such as ultra-widescreen, 4k60, adjustable FOV and other really basic poo poo that leaves consoles in the stone age.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Adregan posted:

Did you even read the article? I don't see them ignoring the story from D1 at all and the Cabal not being associated with the darkness makes sense. Do you not see it? I could explain it for you if you want.

Please, be more passive aggressive and condescending, it makes me hard.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Zo posted:

you realize that people have already played it on pc at 4k 60fps right?

performance won't be an issue and I'll be glad to wait to get away from the blurry 30fps that destiny 1 was (i enjoyed it a ton in spite of the poor graphics though)

Let the boys have their fun

It's a shame about the delay but it just means I'll get the play the PS4 beta on my missus' system then a bit more in August. :shobon:

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LsvPVk5eH4

Holy gently caress.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Watch it in 4k, it's loving absurd.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Look up Luke Smith's interview with PC Gamer today and see what he says about the stranger, that will answer any questions you have. D1 story. Is. Done.

Don't get mad with the responses you receive when you set the level of discourse so low to begin with.

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jun 13, 2017

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Panderfringe posted:

So like, have they clarified what match making will be like? From what I've read they've made a "new" system that is exactly the same as the old one, just more complicated and with a new name. Hopefully there's some kind fo automated system for it, because that was one of the things which brought down the first game in my eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HomXZ9wQnFA

The clan system in the game has a guided system where you can sign up to be a sherpa or to help others through the endgame stuff. The video does a good job explaining it.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

https://youtu.be/ArPP6_QXqyQ

More pc gameplay, this time from jackfrags using a m/kb

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Another video showing weapons never seen before (Omolon pulse rifle and Veist scout rifle) but it's poorly compressed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6QBceI50WQ

Jackfrags 4k60 video if you missed it

https://youtu.be/ArPP6_QXqyQ

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

More 4k60 gameplay with control and video menus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sza9lSwlKoE

Basically all the footage from the nvidia booth is being uploaded on youtube right about now so there's dozens of these videos starting to pop up.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

The days of deliberately wiping because your weakest link hosed up yet again may be over. There's a new death penalty for raids in D2;
https://gamerant.com/destiny-2-raid-death-penalty-revive/

quote:

“The raids should always be challenging you to cooperate, collaborate, and communicate. But I don’t want to bring the difficulty down. We had a conversation – we have a brand new death penalty in the game for raiding. I think it’s pretty unfun to die and just watch on hard mode. So we have a brand new death penalty and on the normal mode raids people have talked about wanting to remove it because it’s different and why not just use the strike difficulty. But we don’t want to change the difficulty because we believe our players are smart. We believe that motivated groups of players can take on these challenges and complete them. We’ve seen that.”

Here's gameplay footage of a new weapon type, a linear rifle (like the Sleeper Simulant);
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pT9lUv5jDE&t=734s

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jun 14, 2017

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Tei posted:

Destiny 2 looks weird on PC. Everything too detailed and shiny. It lacks one texture feel to the world. I guest is something about getting accustomed to it.

You're just too used to blurry, slow 1080p30. There's nothing wrong with that obviously, but doubling the framerate and quadrupling the resolution is always going to be somewhat jarring.

If you still want the sub-par framerate and fake 4k with muddy textures there is always the Xbox X, but that's not until November.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

In what may be the first misstep for the game in the eyes of many, Luke Smith has admitted that the game's guided mode doesn't work for heroic raids or heroic nightfall strikes. The more difficult modes are what a lot of players have clamoured for some kind of group matching system for, and everybody thought the clan guided system would be it. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore. The guided system will only work for normal mode raids and the easier standard nightfall mode.

I presume that Bungie is still incredibly wary of matching up strangers for the harder modes to avoid toxicity, sites like destinylfg and the100.io act as a filter of sorts where those who go through the effort of using them tend not to be the type of player to deliberately mess up runs and antagonize everyone which can often be the case in matchmade games.

It doesn't bother me personally, I've used the100 for years now and would have stuck with it for D2.

Also, in an interesting twist, Bungie spokesman Deej confirmed 4k for PS4 pro, but couldn't do the same for Xbox One X. The Sony arrangement goes a lot deeper than I thought.

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jun 15, 2017

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

I'm probably going to triple dip like a mad bastard, I've always been meaning to get a bone for some years now.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Bad news everyone: the Playstation exclusive content for Destiny 2 will never arrive on Xbox/PC according to Luke Smith

http://neptunegames.it/en/destiny-2-i-contenuti-esclusivi-ps4-non-arriveranno-mai-su-xbox-one-e-pc/

It's possible that it's just a translation error.

https://twitter.com/thislukesmith/s...23post473434590

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jun 15, 2017

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Yeah, you're right;

https://twitter.com/thislukesmith/status/875410897132371968

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Please do not fight, we guardians need to stick together and fight the evil darkness, even if some of us are fighting 30fps more.

Only 30fps more? Some of us have 140hz displays you know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

(it's locked to 60)

(It's been confirmed uncapped for release)

(Why are we whispering)

• Locked thread