Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im gonna get this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im going to play and enjoy this

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
in going to play and enjoy this

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i think PC and console players should enjoy their video game platform of choice

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i was just makin a joke about the crew!!!! everyone should hust have fun and enjoy their video games imo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The issue may lie between the, Nvidia Drivers, the game, and the actual rig itself.
The problem is not he platform itself, but rather the Nvidia Drivers and the game.

Allow me to reiterate what I mentioned earlier in the Steam forums, and obviously I'm just going to copy and paste it :P :

"When I purchased the and installed "The Crew", at the time I had a PC rig that had low end specifications, which were an AMD Radeon HD 3300M w/ 6620G APU, and the game operated decently, in other words, it was laggy at times, but no sign of it crashing whatsoever.

I've then upgraded my PC to an AMD Radeon HD 3510MX w/ 6620G APU, and the game still perform well with slight imporovemnt of the performance, bu there were still no signs of it crashing.

Most recently, I've bought a new PC which is an ASUS STRIX GLGL502V whose specifications are an i7-6700HQ CPU w/ GTX 1070 8GB with the latest Nvidia Drivers running on a Windows 10 64-bit operating system, and of course there was a massive improvement towards the games performance, so much that I can play the game at max setting with a stable solid 60 FPS, but the game crashes after about 10 minutes or less for no apparent reason whatsoever.

I checked the "Event Viewer" consecutively after each crash to see where the issue may lye. At first the problem was with a particular DLL file that has given people issues within the pass, but is easily resolved and will be imediately reported to Microsoft themselves after four consecutive failed attempts to load. But after some tweaking and fiddling, I was able to resolve some of the problems that has hindered the game, but the crashing still persist.

After the update from Microsoft, the DLL problem has been resolved, but the error continues to persist. I was able to narrow down the error to the point where after each crash, the "Event Viewer" would either display that the faulting module name is either "The Crew.exe" or "Unknown".

But now the ntdll.dll error came back. I thought the recent Windows update resolved it like they said.

One of my procedure that I've done was I went into my documents folder and deleted "The Crew" folder and verified my game data through Steam. From there on I've begin getting that the faulting module name was "The Crew.exe" persistently. The error is still quite ambiguous but it does display some sort of future solution for this problem, and progress of course.

The problem is definitely the Nvidia Drivers, it was said that the Nvidia Driver Versions 368.22 and before are the ones that the game will funtion properly and not crash at random intervals, but any drivers after version 368.22 seem to not do the game any good, with that in mind, Nvidia mentioned that one of the driver versions after 368.22 will resolve the issue, but what ever that version was, it obviously hasn't done any good, and that can be confirmed with how the latest Nvidia Driver Version does for the game, and it doesn't do the game any good either.

Conduction a role-back to version 368.22 is only doable if you don't have a Pascal 10 Series GPU, in other words, right now, only Maxwell GPU's are capable of downgrading to version 368.22 as of right now. But Nvidia and Ubisoft are aware of these issues and are currently working to resolve it.

But from what I and others found are nothing but a stepping stone, but supports the finding of a solution".

It's theoretical though, but with many variables proving that it's a fallacious DLL error that is being affected by the Nvidia Drivers..

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Spiv posted:

Didn't Trump make an executive order to close this thread? Make America great again!
PC's dead.

its actually insanely good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i think people should enjoy their gaming platform of choice

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i think destiny 2 will be fun wahtever you play it on

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its going to be okay yall i promise

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
buff gay dude is just making a joke, lets not take our video games discussion so serious!!!!!!!!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what class are yo uguys going to play on the destiny 2 pc version

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i dont really agree that it should be in the blizzard subforum, on account of I don't remember to read topics there

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

limaCAT posted:

The one you need because I want to help you with the nightfall strike

ya!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im going to play and enjoy this on my pc

cheers to the console players on Destiny 2 as well

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

I'm still laughing that I poo poo down your throat in the first post and you've been coughing up corn ever since lmao

hey, just to have free corn is a privilege

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

cvnvcnv posted:

Piss bottles. You bois using gallon milk jugs or you have a custom rig like your pc?

I actually cut a hole in my chair and piss and poo poo in a tub under rhe chair

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cowcaster posted:

wait wouldn't mercury be really poo poo at cooling things

yeah, thats why your mercury cooling tub is in a cooling tub filled with piss

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Spiv posted:

What's your deal?

he is a cool and good gaming enthusiast

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
someone tell me cool things about destiny

i didnt get to play the first one since it wasnt on pc but always wanted to since it looked like a lot of fun

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Prei the tei awei.

stop the tei agenda

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tei posted:

Heres cool stuff about Destiny 1:

The first raid start point was on a public area. So it was possible for you to meet a group raiding, help them complete the first part, and they would invite you to their group. I made a lot of friends that way.

On this raid, theres a "maze". The maze is really supersimple, but the way the map was made and the things that are in it, many people took hours to learn the area. For a long time it use to be normal to have "guides", people that knew the maze and would guide others trough it.

This map (the map of the raid) was so inspiring, that people explored it for many years searching for secrets. And some things where found (not much). Bungie finally added some real secrets to it.

*smokebomb* *disappears*

thats exactly the type of thing i wanted to see

tyvm

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

limaCAT posted:

Update the pile-driver you rear end in a top hat or you gonna bsod your wrestling ring with that stock windows update poo poo.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tei posted:

I guest. I come to the party too late so I don't know what I miss. They still have fire and something unique to them. And is not just pretty skybox, is also something about how the understand weapon types and NPC combat ai.

*smokebomb*

Yeah, I've played pretty much every Bungie game from Halo 3 and before, and I always thought they had something pretty special

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Some Zero posted:

There was a raid that had a wall of dicks that would pound you across the map and you'd die.

If that doesn't get your preorder nothing will.

hot

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

treiz01 posted:

I saw that, and it seemed like they made a conscious choice to center it. Why would you want it off center, that would almost be a dealbreaker for me.

Most console FPS games have off center crosshairs right? I assume they're centering them for the PC version of Destiny 2. Not sure what the benefit of off center is, maybe it looks better or more natural on a large screen?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I have a feeling that if you can manage to post in a thread without console warrioring, VG won't even really know which version you are playing and it'll never be a problem

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

hey welcome to the show! posted:

People can play games on whatever platform they like.

There are advantages and disadvantages to all.

At the end of the day destiny is destiny and we are all looking forward to it.

Im excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know if the console people would be interested in a discord or whatever, maybe the VOIP in-game is good or they got their own thing, but if someone likes running a thing maybe we could do a joint PC-console discord

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:orb:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm hypernormalizing my creased orb apricots

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also who will carry me through content on destiny because im a bad

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Anything to play with a Legend.

who are you gonna play with then????????

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think bnetd was cool as hell

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im going to enjoy this

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
from the console thread, neat writeup on exotics:

https://gamerant.com/destiny-2-exotics/

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tei posted:

I am ready to make horrible bad decisions in Destiny 2 too.

:yeah:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
please be nice to each other all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the pc thread is the nice chat thread for friendly and helpful people

• Locked thread