Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

treiz01 posted:

This is by far the most confusing thing. If you're already using Blizzard's game client to handle your PC services, why not have the same dedicated servers used for LITERALLY ALL BLIZZARD GAMES

Jesus christ can you imagine the servers go down, the masses wwould cry that destiny is the reason they can't play overwatch/wow/hearthstone

I'm somewhat excited for this, but I'll reserve judgement until I see more of it in action. I played the Destiny 2 demo aka Destiny up until around the time they got rid of dinklebot - by which point I'd already lost all hope for that dumpster fire of a game. Raiding in an FPS was pretty awesome though and was the only thing I really enjoyed

Linx fucked around with this message at 12:42 on May 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Zo posted:

Whooo finally destiny on pc!!!

Plus i get for free!!!! (i still have like $250 completely stuck on my bnet account from my d3 auction baron days)

and here I am happy enough that I made back my money on that game, holy poo poo

Zo posted:

I actually earned around $20k from it, paid taxes and everything.. it was a wild summer. only thing is near the start, my main account with all my blizzard games got banned and locked from d3 with like $500 on it so I was never able to cash that money out (since the only way to cash out bnet balance was through d3 -> paypal and I was banned)

but on the positive side, now I get blizzard games for free! destiny 2 is gonna own!!!

:captainpop:

Linx fucked around with this message at 14:04 on May 19, 2017

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Minrad posted:

So I never played Destiny 1, but I had a friend who played it and was sad that he never got to play it with friends b/c we're all PC gamers. What was/were the problems with it?

All I know about the game is that it seems like Borderlands 2 without the lovely memes, and that people felt ripped off by the expansions it got later.

The more difficult (best) content was no-matchmaking and relied on 3rd party LFG sites if you wanted to play them. The droprates of items were and absolute joke to begin with, I think that was mostly addressed by the time I bailed. The universe has great lore but they decided that the best way to deliver it was through some weird grimoire system, and the main "story" was incredibly barebones.

The raids I played (1st and 2nd) were legitimately some of the best FPS experiences I've had though, and they seem to have learned their lesson from the mistakes of the last game so who knows, it could be good :shrug:.

On another note, did they ever fire that dumb loving community manager they had? DeeJ was it? Guy seemed a bit out of touch with the playerbase, unless it was because he could only work with what the higher ups were telling him

Linx fucked around with this message at 14:10 on May 19, 2017

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Minrad posted:

but was the actual content good? thanks to OW I know a dozen people that are more or less good at FPS games now and would be on board for Destiny 2 thanks to being on battle.net. that part seems like a smart move on Blizzard's part; they've spent the better part of the last ten years trying to make everyone be friends and create a social media network for co-op games like overwatch and hots and now, destiny.

I mean the content was good for sure, but even after the first expansion dropped I felt that it was spread way too thin. Honestly the game should have shipped with all of the content it ended up with, but I'd probably still have gotten bored of it. Once you had your weekly content done it was garbage unless you wanted to play the PvP mode which I personally hated

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Minrad posted:

How much of that content is being ported to Destiny 2? People seemed upset with the lack of new content but hell, it's all new to me.

None afaik

Not at all trying to put you off the game btw, I actually think it will be good. I'm a bit bitter about the first one because I actually bought my PS4 to play it. Massive props to those that could stick it out til the last content but I just couldn't do it

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
I had three near max level chars and I was still bored out of my mind about 3 days after each reset

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Bust Rodd posted:

Played Destiny Beta on my PS3, thought Warlocks seemed super cool, but my gaming homie who got it on Xbox basically told me it was not as good as WoW and only worth it you had a full clan.

Now Im ready to plunker down on PC and hopefull get in on some ground floor goon clanning, because i live for this kind of raid environment and getting to click heads with KB+M is exactly were it is at. Are they adding new classes or is it the same 3 from the first game or do we not know yet?

I had the privilege of being carried by playing with goons in PvP on the PS4 and it was pretty dope. Hopefully I'll do the same in this game as well

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
My only complaint is the cringey rear end dialogue. It's almost as bad as The Division

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
My pet rage was that dumb scientist chick "in this heat the double helix will unzip faster than a cheap prom dress"

Kill me.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Tei posted:

Also gently caress you blizzard for attacking the open source developers of a bnet clone, hope you all rot in hell forever.

What the gently caress are you talking about?

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

To be honest that seems a lot less "blizzard making GBS threads on the little guy" and more them defending their intellectual property. I'm sure the developers knew exactly what they were getting into when they decided to reverse engineer software owned by a huge company.

Why do we even need an open source bnet launcher anyway, who is it targeted at?

EDIT:

Is this about playing on non-blizzard sanctioned servers...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

God drat, those weapon models look sexy as hell. I really hope they don't gently caress this up because I want to play it

• Locked thread