Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
I don't understand why they aren't doing dedicated servers? Do they really expect this game to not be profitable enough to justify them? Blizzard loving invented the schemes to dynamically scale server availability to demand for MMOs, ignoring that just makes no drat sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos

Talkc posted:

As far as security is concerned, Im mainly talking stuff like login authentication, and account recovery type security. Though i would be very interested in finding out what sorta anti cheat systems Bungie goes with on PC, cause the game will be a big target for people cheating and exploiting the game. To be honest, bringing up warden.... it wouldn't surprise me if it popped up with Destiny 2. Pretty much every game on the blizzard platform uses it.

I havent found anything stating who is handling Tech Support for the game.

I wouldnt be surprised if Destiny 2 on PC ends up having a lot of Blizzard adjacent overhead. Destiny is an Activision property, and Activision and Blizzard are literally under the same roof company wise. I can also see this as a move to expand the Activision brand on PC to their own platform. It is the first third party game on Blizzard's platform, this may be a large testing the waters on reception and handling on how to move a popular activision franchise under the Blizzard umbrella and out from under others like Steam.

We live in an era on PC where Steam competes with Origin, Uplay, etc.... It wouldn't surprise me if this was a move by Activision to start using the blizzard brand as a larger distribution platform on pc.

Destiny is NOT an Activision property, it is a Bungie property. Bungie was very specific about keeping their IP rights after making Halo and having no rights to show for it. This is Activision deciding to use a distribution channel that doesn't hand a chunk of the profit to someone else, no more and no less

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Any word on how to register for beta on pc yet? I have a code but don't see a way to make an account without an xbox or psn account.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos

sadnessboner posted:

I punched the code that came with my PC preorder into my (PSN & Microsoft linked) Bungie account and it says the following when it accepts the code "Platform selection and download code generation will be available later this year for the Destiny 2 Beta. An email will be sent to your verified email address when beta download codes are available".

The problem is I don't have a psn or xbox account, and I can't make a bungie.net account without one for some reason

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Why do people keep getting hype about Blizzard anti-cheat? It's not happening. Blizzard is handling digital distribution and the friends lists, and NOTHING ELSE this has been stated several times by both Blizzard AND Bungie. Warden isn't doing poo poo for Destiny, stop acting like they'll be using the Blizz ban policies (though they totally should, gently caress cheaters)

• Locked thread