Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Working up some Gilded Merchants, the remnants of the ship's logistical division. Had a question, anyone know what the 'C' and 'I' categories in Resources refer to? The others are the first letters of Investment categories, but none start with C or I.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Mr. Prokosch posted:

I think C is companions (allies) and I is Intel (data) and the author couldn't settle on which word he liked better? Those match the kind of resources listed. A is already for arsenal whole there are no D resources.

( This would be our first playtest criticism I guess)

Ah, makes sense.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Subjunctive posted:

Does the Discord link work for anyone else?

It did for me, but I used it ~12 hours ago

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Many like to believe that the End came swiftly, with no warning. But there were some that saw the Mother’s struggle, and stepped forward to help Her. Our forefathers, the wise Logix Techs. They made sure that Mother’s bounty was distributed to all of Her children, despite the faltering of the Timetables and Spreadsheets. But even their heroic efforts could not hold the line when Mother died.

We are a mere shadow of the honored Logix, but we keep their memory and their charge. The Way Stations are still manned, and caravans still brave the darkness of the Transit tunnels to move goods and information amongst the towns and families. It is unfortunate that we must charge for our services, but our lives are hard and short, and we must dangle rewards in front of most of our recruits.

But still, The Goods Move. In that we have not failed.

quote:

The Way-Keepers
Stats: Reach 2 Grasp -1 Sleight 1 (the Fall was a protracted struggle against extinction.)
Landmarks
-Before: The Ark. A sealed repository of the Origin Mother was keeping for the End of the Long Journey (A vault intended to preserve a priceless heritage).
-The Fall: The Transit. Great tunnels made to carry provisions throughout the land, now filled with Death, both old and new. (A huge transport line, choked with abandoned vehicles.)
-A Threat: Pax. They come in many shapes and sizes and power most of the remaining Tech. But each time they are refilled they hold less Juice, and many have ceased to function at all. (A dwindling but vital resource)
History:
-Everyone, like it or not, has to trade with your Company. Take 1-Treaty on all the other Families.
-One of them came to your rescue when a deal went way south. They take 2-Treaty on you.
-One of them harbours a small information-brokering network. Take 1-Treaty on this Family for their failure to rein in your rivals.
Doctrine
Cut-throat Extortionists: When a customer wants your goods but can’t afford them, your Family can convince them to perform any favour as payment instead.
Lifestyle
Dispersed: The transport of goods and messages between settlements is another Stock in Trade for your Family.
Resources
Surpluses: Barter Goods (V), Medicine (O)
Needs: Recruits, Contacts, Culture
Traditions: loose confederacy of caravaners,elegant but hardy trail wear, an open market of favours and votes

Moves
Stock in Trade: Your Family has a particular product range they trade in, and you can expect to have those wares around unless your Family is deeply in need and Mood is at -3. Choose one, two, or three.
-The transport of goods and messages between settlements
-Food, fresh or preserved.
-Arms and ammunition.
-Mementos of the World Before

Rationing: Whenever you exhaust a surplus for any reason, hold 1; spend 1 hold to get +1 forward to another action that surplus could help.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
The Way-Keepers
History
Everyone, like it or not, has to trade with the Way-Keepers. Take 1-Treaty on all the other Families.

The Chivalrous Order of Yosida came to your rescue when a deal went way south. They take 2-Treaty on you.

The Black Rice Zaibatsu harbours a small information-brokering network. Take 1-Treaty on this Family for their failure to rein in your rivals.

NPCs
-The Twi-lan Bandits: A sizable bandit group that haunts the canyons near the In-Green Transit entrance. The previous Mandate of Keepers tried to strike a deal with them and were betrayed. Only the intervention of The Chivalrous Order kept the GreenSeg Way-Stations from being lost.

-The Traders of Flesh: A minor mercantile concern centered at In-Blue that deals in organs and flesh-sculpting. They proclaim that all of their merchandise is freely offered, and indeed no-one has discovered otherwise. Granted, those that investigate the matter generally disappear without a trace, but the Traders assure everyone that is a mere coincidence.

Leadership
The Way-Keepers are lead by the Mandate, a council of honored Keepers nominated and voted for by the council itself. Directives can be raised to the Mandate by any Keeper, give that they can provide suitable resources to the council. Other Keepers can indicate how they feel about the directive by providing their own resources to whichever side they support, and the Mandate takes these resource levels into account when they make their decision. Many believe this is tantamount to open bribery, but Keepers point out that the funds go to the Mandate at large, which are then redistributed as they see fit. No single councilor accepts the resources directly, and to offer such a thing is a serious offense.

PoultryGeist fucked around with this message at 23:52 on May 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Tritium Red-01, Way-Keeper Scavenger

BovWaste! First the Mandate has me pooting about Out-Purple for the last quad-cycle trying to dodge the mangle-bots long enough to pry open one of the Dark Vaults, and that was bad enough! Nearly lost my toes to coldnaw! But now they’ve pulled me back, set me up with a bunch of weirdos, and said that its our duty to save everyone! Oh, and to find as many Pax as I can, thank you very much. Bah.

Still, better than dying with the rest of my caravan when the Harvesters finally overran the last RedSeg Way-Station I suppose.

Tritium is a bit of a wunderkind among the Way-Keepers even at her relatively young age. The sole survivor of the Harvesting of Red-01, she has spent the years finding and emptying caches untouched since the Fall. The Mandate has dropped the problem of the failing enviros in her lap, and promised her a council position if she can bring back a cache of unprimed Pax when she’s done.

Looks:Feminine, grimy face, appraising eyes, athletic body
Stats: Force 0, Lore +2, Steel +1, Sway 0(+1 from Family)
Moves:
Scrapheap Ingenuity: When you spend a few hours wiring up and harmonising all the odd junk you carry around with you, you can accomplish great things. Choose a main feature:
• Sensors that can detect any trace of __________
• A shield against __________
• Communication from afar.
• Destruction of whatever it’s attached to.
The GM will choose one downside:
• Someone needs to stay with it up to its activation.
• It’ll require some potent energy source.
• It needs to charge up before it triggers.

Bag of Tricks: When you search around in your rucksack for something to help you out, roll +Steel. On a hit you pull something out that’ll definitely help. On a 7-9, choose one:
• You're distracted and miss something.
• You have to make do with a similar item.
• There’s a quirk to using it that’ll need your concentration.

Gear:
-Outfit 3:ArmorMesh underclothes (1-Armor), VacuuMask (Vacuum life support), KeepWarm insulated clothes (cold weather life support)
-StabHard knife (weapon, melee), ShootGood rifle (weapon, ranged)
-Vehicle 2: WorkVan air car (Air, Might 1, Chrome 0, Brawn 1, Stunners[ranged, nonlethal])

Backstory:TBD

Role: When a group’s relying on you to find a crucial component, mark Agent. Say who else is searching for it. TBD

PoultryGeist fucked around with this message at 23:56 on May 29, 2017

• Locked thread