Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

To the Ungrateful Chieftess Hakonia.

We have offered you and your people a chance for a new life, and our kindness has been spat upon.
For attacking our men and a neighboring colony, you have declared war on Gault.
Understand that you will no longer be under Our protection, and your charter declared invalid.
May God save you and your people.

HIS Majesty,
King Matthew Antes

To the Illustrious Mr. Mortimer Snodgrass,

News of Fairport's development have reached our ears, and the Company has two concerns. The first is with the neighboring colony in the south, the Old Arx, as I've been hearing it called. It is understood that borders have been agreed upon, but it would be a behoove you to establish our presence in the seas. You are very close to this other colony, perhaps disturbingly close. If they were to establish a port near the mouth they came in on, it could one day cut into future profits. The most logical thing you should do is claim the adjacent seas. You'll not want to share this with the Old Arx colony. All the sea routes that lead to Fairport, should be owned by Fairport. Surely, you can find some resource on the sea and establish a claim to it. If that doesn't work, there's always a shipping route that ships 'must' take, in order to claim those seas...

Regarding the second, it has come to our attention that a certain item from the New World has taken over the market here in Gault. A wine made from a fruit known only as the Blackwood Cherry. This wine has been rising in prices lately. We could make a king's ransom if we get our hands on it. I don't care if you have to make it on your own or work a deal with whomever that does, WE NEED THIS.

Regards,

C. G. X. Jerrais
Central Branch
Honorable Pitchford Colonial Company

(written in invisible ink)

Your reports of the caves and treasures present an opportunity. While I understand your embargo on shipping those relics - speifically the gold statues - to Gault, the nobility and the king would sell their next of kin to possess such things. I hope you would be keen to send more than a few our way. You will be compensated.

Oh, Devoted Beatryx Mayble.

It has been one year since you and your people have established a presence in Peregrin Minor. It is reassuring that your people will not want for food in your presence. We've sampled the goods you've sent back to Gault - the centipede steaks, the various crops, the silken reams - all are fine, but frankly we are disappointed. I don't need to remind you that we had sent you off to find new weapons or things that will give us an advantage back on the Continent. We understand that you've found some remnant of a stronghold near your settlement, and it baffles us that you've not already emptied it for anything of use. There are ships in these reports. At least they could be of use, even if it's just for numbers.

We want more from the stronghold, and assurances that our requests for arms, armor, and warcraft are being taken seriously.

Tom Donnelly,
F.G.S.R.C. of G

To who speaks for Azathoth.

Your good work reaches our ears and we are pleased, as would Azathoth. But news of some of your findings disturb us. I think you know just what we're referring to.

If His Holy Word is to prosper in Peregrin Minor, this Den of Villany must be destroyed, wiped from the face of the earth. It cannot do for our people to travel here in Pilgrimage only to be met by Unholy Beasts. I reiterate, we cannot suffer such a place and beast to exist as a threat to our pious colony.

Azathoth prevails,

Earl of Wesselton

To Clare Wright, our Divine Hand in the New World.

News has reached us of Peregrin Minor; its wonders and its horrors. Much of your orders and mandate remain the same - spread God's will to the New World, smite the dangerous and unholy, protect our people from the dangers this land present. To that end, a trusted servant will arrive on Peregrin Minor to further our ends. He shall aid you if you call upon him, and I hope that you shall do the same for him. For now, the black tower demands our presence. For God's dominion in this land, you must take this tower and make it a beacon for the faithful. The people of Gault and the Continent must know that this is God's land.

His Eminence,
Cardinal Saxon

Dear Andrew,

Half of Gault is furious with you. The other half wish you were never sent off. So, naturally you've exceeded their expectations.

The average man is calling you a hero, and that battle with the Feial have made you and Rotham a darling conversation piece in Court.

Dark timings have reached us, it seems. The King's Inner Circle is abuzz with rumors of Pyrentine activity in Peregrin Minor. The most popular one is how ships are sailing there though where exactly escapes us. In case those rats do rear their verminous heads, I would like you to consolidate your hold around New Rotham, make it clear to Pyrenze that this land is Gault's, and more importantly, yours. Especially the coast on the other side of the mountains, so we can get the navy ready if necessary.

If Pyrenze is really on the continent, none will object to you handling things as you see fit.

Sincerely,

Frederick

P.S. The people are drowning themselves in that charming wine you're sending us. You're the talk of the taverns... Not that you weren't before.

To John Smith of Arcadia,

News of Arcadia's progress reaches Gault's ears. We are pleased with your findings, especially the ostrich mounts. Mark my words, we are going to build an ostrich cavalry, and we are ready to pay hand over fist for it. We've also heard about your pyramid, and we've heard another colony, Fairport, has also found burial sites stacked with gold. Please give this pyramid a thorough and complete going over. Whatever you find there could be tremendous for your colony.

I do have one request for you Mr. Smith. I have another trusted man who has established a colony of his own in the north, and it would benefit you to work with him. His name is Malcom Hawke - you might know him - and his colony is the Old Arx. The first thing you can do to enable this partnership is to build a road connecting the two colonies. I look forward to your continued successes.

Duke Arthur FitzRoy of Brightwell.

To Malcom Hawke of the Old Arx,

News of the Old Arx have reached my ears, and while I balk at where you've built it the people of Gault sing praises of your accomplishment. The poor are peddling penny dreadful books portraying your grand adventures in Peregrin Minor. It's great for publicity, and it is publicity that I write this request: I want to tour and exhibit one of those monsters you've written about to impress and astonish. I refer to the one-eyed shadow your notes depict - please send one of those creatures alive, send a breeding pair and I'll pay double.

Also news have reached me that you are close colony I sponsor. It's called Arcadia, and it's run by the academic John Smith. I would like the two of you to cooperate, to ensure you're at the forefront to this rapidly evolving world. We shall be stronger in pairs. Constructing a road to the south where Arcadia lies would be in your best interest.

Duke Arthur FitzRoy of Brightwell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread