Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WillieWestwood
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

Season 21 begins on August 23! This means no episodes after Thanksgiving.

South Park: The Fractured But whole arrives on October 17! Finally! Though one wonders why the game isn't going to be released before the season begins or when it ends.

Despicable Me 3 hits theaters on June 30! Trey voices supervillain Balthazar Bratt in this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

"Why is it blue?"
"It's always blue."

oh I get it like butt hole

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

August 23rd is not soon.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

Are they doing season-long arcs this year?
I know last year got hosed up because of Trump, but really, who'd have guessed?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012
My incredible shitposting will not transform the xbone into a good console

Lipstick Apathy

Memba' how the membaberries took over the White House?

Yeah, I memba'.

And hope it's addressed.

Donnerberg
Dec 15, 2008

Hell Gem

I'd rather they leave it at that. The season long narrative of 20 really didn't deliver.

Hopefully 21 has a super hero episode or two that lead into Fractured But Whole. Those have been okay in the past.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I really hope they drop season arcs. PC Principal season was a cool experiment, skankhunt42 season wasn't funny at all. It was best in the Lorde season where there wasn't a continuous plot but just some loosely connected elements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011
I AM A MORON WHO DOESN'T UNDERSTAND HOW ROADS WORK

South park has always been a hit and miss show concept wise, even in early seasons. The risk with the season long arcs that if the concept is bad, we get last season, with three broadly unrelated storylines one of which was pretty ordinary and the other that got hosed up by real life.

Season 19 had a much better approach, it mixed in fun once off concepts with the meta narrative (you're not yelping, the ninja one) which prevented the jokes in the meta from getting stale (girls are funny was not funny by about episode 5). It also prevents you putting all your eggs in the meta narrative basket, because if that goes south we get last season. I think I defended season 20 at the time, but I think it was largely because I was expecting a decent payoff. I didn't get it.