Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

he was a great 80s 90s era republican yes but the current iteration o f republicans means "team up with russia (good) and crush liberals (bad)"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

redneck nazgul posted:

pretty sure our chinese/russian overlords wont give a gently caress about winning our hearts and minds

the bombed out husk of america isn't worth anything to anyone. but how is that different than donald trumps america lmao! kind of a dumb scenario since neither country could get here in the first place.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Proud Christian Mom posted:

hey here's a hottake to not poo poo up the CE thread with

Obama was a great Republican President and a terrible Democrat one

Obama was black

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

M_Gargantua posted:

Obama was black

No, he was Hawaiian. You racist piece of poo poo

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

the bombed out husk of america isn't worth anything to anyone. but how is that different than donald trumps america lmao! kind of a dumb scenario since neither country could get here in the first place.

thats not what my copy of the documentary red dawn says...

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

redneck nazgul posted:

thats not what my copy of the documentary red dawn says...

idk man. its pretty hard to kill your way out of an insurgency. the ruskies and chicoms should just let the american health care system work its magic lol

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
The Falcons would have beat the Patriots if they had put Bernie Sanders in at corner back.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Here's looking out for all you folks who hate clowns:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Naked Bear posted:

Here's looking out for all you folks who hate clowns:

:golfclap:

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
You can tell that Jeremy Joseph Christian guy is actually a piece of poo poo and not a mere victim of a vast police conspiracy because I haven't yet seen a photo of him in a graduation cap & gown.

Anybody know if he submitted a FAFSA application? I don't want to defend someone just because they look like me but we really need to be sure.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I'd like to reiterate original point one.

Please stop shooting black people on suspicion

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

M_Gargantua posted:

I'd like to reiterate original point one.

Please stop shooting black people on suspicion

but my job is hard and stressful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

There is a legitimate "correlation" between law enforcement and racist political structures at the local level, it's not a conspiracy theory.

That was my point in the post. The high concentrations of racists and bullies in the police force is a social issue, not a conspiracy theory by white supremacists

Not that all cops are racists or bullies, but a few percentage points of all the cops in the country racks up to 10s of thousands of individuals who have a visible impact on local people

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
yeah i wanted to say that I don't believe its an purposeful infiltration by some big conspiracy, just lots of individuals with uhh similar "ideals"

I don't think all cops or even most cops are bad people, but man I'd have to question how one could work with that poo poo and be silent or even stand up for them if they themselves are not at least somewhat sympathetic.

But hell I was in the Army so I saw that dumb poo poo all the time towards middle easterners so I guess I get it but I'd like to hold a LEO to a higher standard than an enlisted person but yeah

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I think it's hard to argue with a systemic system. You're talking about groups where you likely know the guy who is going to go to jail or at the least have his career ruined. You're inclined to protect him because he's part of your group. And the lesser hope is that if YOU ever shot someone (and of course YOU wouldn't mess up and shoot someone, this will be a theatrical release where the guy draws on you with 5 different dramatic angles covering it) that you would have the support of your department against the public accusations

It's part of a growing public sentiment where any public accusation, and to some extent even internal oversight, gets lumped into the other and the persecution complex. People are inherently bad at confronting the fact that they messed up. Especially when you've killed someone and there is likely a dozen or so people who are legitimately violently angry at you specifically. You feel threatened and the system doubles down on 'shooting was justificed' because holding people accountable in the system is so much harder. Instinctually you circle the wagons

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
http://i.imgur.com/12WmmCU.jpg

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

M_Gargantua posted:

That was my point in the post. The high concentrations of racists and bullies in the police force is a social issue, not a conspiracy theory by white supremacists

Not that all cops are racists or bullies, but a few percentage points of all the cops in the country racks up to 10s of thousands of individuals who have a visible impact on local people

I don't think we're saying different things. If the local business owners and mayor and sheriff are all KKK members or sympathetic to their friends who are, it's not infiltration in any specifically conspiratorial sense when the sheriff's or mayor's son gets hired on as a deputy. Just business as usual.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Agreed. But bird food bathtub was specifically talking about conspiracy and infiltration.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Unrelated hot take: Why can't we ban the manufacture and sale of handguns and allow all rifles (including full auto). Wouldn't the result be less deaths overall?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

M_Gargantua posted:

Agreed. But bird food bathtub was specifically talking about conspiracy and infiltration.

To be fair to bird food I'm almost certain the FBI was investigating the infiltration, as in its a real concern probably in some localities, maybe a lot, but just off a hunch I think that would be a lot of good ol boy communities having independent infils over some broad coordinated national effort or something

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Unrelated hot take: Why can't we ban the manufacture and sale of handguns and allow all rifles (including full auto). Wouldn't the result be less deaths overall?

I've always held that if Democrats actually gave a poo poo about saving lives they'd pass laws restricting handgun ownership instead of constantly crying about "assault weapons".

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Guns are stupid and human beings are even stupider, it's pretty much a perfect combination. If you want to use a gun outside of oppressing brown people or killing Krauts and Gooks you are extremely lame hth

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

my kinda ape posted:

I've always held that if Democrats actually gave a poo poo about saving lives they'd pass laws restricting handgun ownership instead of constantly crying about "assault weapons".

Non starter. Fhey couldn't even keep that in tje original NFA.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
imagine if as roofer said 'this looks dangerous' and started capping everyone with a nail gun. he just wants to get home safe, you know.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

imagine if as roofer said 'this looks dangerous' and started capping everyone with a nail gun. he just wants to get home safe, you know.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh my God hahahahahahaaha

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Jesus Christ can someone please goldmine that post

Is there a goldmine for individual posts. there should be. that would be the first one

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

milk milk lemonade posted:

Guns are stupid and human beings are even stupider, it's pretty much a perfect combination. If you want to use a gun outside of oppressing brown people or killing Krauts and Gooks you are extremely lame hth

what about if i want to kill you? you look kinda gooky to me from here

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

:stonkhat:

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
凸(`0´)凸

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/UspG2XE.gifv

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

milk milk lemonade posted:

Counterpoint: Guns are fun, people are stupid, the end.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

One answer is that police body armor and vehicle armor is almost never capable of stopping rifle rounds.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Godholio posted:

One answer is that police body armor and vehicle armor is almost never capable of stopping rifle rounds.

Welcome to the wonderful world of wearing 25+lbs of kevlar, cordura, and ceramic composites all day every day. Take a ticket at the counter for your line-of-duty back injury disability claim now, with our current backlog your estimated wait time is only two decades.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
maybe police should have to practice doing weekly 10 mile hikes in them just in case

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Godholio posted:

And? If the majority of rifles in circulation are already capable of defeating most common protection, then adding a giggle switch does nothing to change that except make someone miss more rapidly.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
:Justgold:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Naked Bear posted:

And? If the majority of rifles in circulation are already capable of defeating most common protection, then adding a giggle switch does nothing to change that except make someone miss more rapidly.

I meant more as a reason against allowing all rifles while banning handguns. Handguns are more practical for personal/home defense and more able to be protected against.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
banning sales is great and all but unless you do confiscation which would probably be a blood bath it wouldn't be that great until about 20 years until a 1911 costs 20k or something exorbitant like with the machine gun registry poo poo

• Locked thread