Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Pick posted:

I have and it's always gone fine.

Nice! Glad it worked out well for you too.
For some reason, there are quite a few girls who think it's somehow impossible for them to ask someone out. I always find that kind of unfortunate.

Well, that was my best attempt at explaining, but I guess I was probably never the right person to try explaining anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I ask girls out, I don't ask guys out. It's too gauche, I can't

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
oh hey it's another sexually-polarizing Pick thread

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Pick posted:

What makes men so scary?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Universe Master posted:

What makes men so scary?

It's not that they're scary, it's that it's gauche.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

#notallshoes

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Shadow0 posted:

For some reason, there are quite a few girls who think it's somehow impossible for them to ask someone out.

i ask guys out all the time, but i've encountered a few guys that are very threatened by me making the first move and one guy straight up told me that if a woman asked him out, he would refuse on principle

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?

Pick posted:

Pick pick pick pick pick

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Seriously though you couldn't pay me enough to use my fingers on someone else's pustules and anyone who feels different needs help.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pick has problems, news at 11

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Actually I'm gonna edit this out.

i like that fucked around with this message at 19:20 on May 22, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

so true

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
gauche to ask men out? way to prescribe to patriarchal society OP :smug:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Lacey posted:

Seriously though you couldn't pay me enough to use my fingers on someone else's pustules and anyone who feels different needs help.

same

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

YeahTubaMike posted:

i ask guys out all the time, but i've encountered a few guys that are very threatened by me making the first move and one guy straight up told me that if a woman asked him out, he would refuse on principle

How'd you get em out from under the truck?

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Girls have cooties

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
It's like, imagine playing the hardest video game ever that's really hard to beat, and you keep trying and trying but only failing.

But then one day you finally beat it. So you tell the cute cashier at the grocery store and she won't kiss you for your accomplishments. loving bithc.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pick posted:

Shameful. You need to get over yourself

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah a lot of it is the rejection and associated shame. Most of the women you meet you will meet because of work or some other thing that is technically a social gathering. If you try to ask them out and fail miserably, it's likely that other people in the group are gonna hear about it and now every time you go to work someone's gonna give you poo poo about it or whatever. This might not be a huge deal or maybe it can be, depends on the various factors and specifics but it's definitely something that can happen. Plus, any interactions with the person who shut you down are now probably going to be awkward as hell at best. So uh, try and meet women somewhere you can just leave and not come back to if things go poorly, I guess? That's also why it sucks when you are good friends with someone and want to be more because what if they don't and welp now you've gone and hosed up your friendship too. Obviously all of this falls on to how other people react to your advances, and maybe they'll be adults and be cool about it and move on, but haha probably not and you can't possibly know for sure until it's already happened.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Light Gun Man posted:

Yeah a lot of it is the rejection and associated shame. Most of the women you meet you will meet because of work or some other thing that is technically a social gathering. If you try to ask them out and fail miserably, it's likely that other people in the group are gonna hear about it and now every time you go to work someone's gonna give you poo poo about it or whatever. This might not be a huge deal or maybe it can be, depends on the various factors and specifics but it's definitely something that can happen. Plus, any interactions with the person who shut you down are now probably going to be awkward as hell at best. So uh, try and meet women somewhere you can just leave and not come back to if things go poorly, I guess? That's also why it sucks when you are good friends with someone and want to be more because what if they don't and welp now you've gone and hosed up your friendship too. Obviously all of this falls on to how other people react to your advances, and maybe they'll be adults and be cool about it and move on, but haha probably not and you can't possibly know for sure until it's already happened.

Hell, same

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Yeah! High-five for representations female diversity!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Pick posted:

How'd you get em out from under the truck?

very carefully

edit:

Lacey posted:

Yeah! High-five for representations female diversity!

:hfive:

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

YeahTubaMike posted:

i ask guys out all the time

don't worry, this is a sex workers-positive forum

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
I can be a total putz when it comes to sending and receiving romantic signals, so I've had girls I openly like ask me out before. Gauche or not, it usually works wonders at relieving any tensions in the early relationship, since then I don't need to worry over whether or not they like me back.
e: Then again this was back when I wasn't a total internet-enslaved shutin so who knows what works these days.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Women may not be very good at hurting people physically or doing a rape or all the stuff that makes women afraid of men but they're much better at hurting people emotionally and also their brains work different and are impossible to understand or comprehend. How is that not scary? It's like 51% of all people in the world are actually incomprehensible alien lifeforms that can see right through you and know perfectly well what you want and also hate you for being a weird loser no matter how hard you work at getting better because you'll still be hosed up from the foundation of your being.

Compared to that what's the worst thing a man can do to me, punch me? Try to steal the $5 I have in my wallet? poo poo, I'd welcome that confrontation compared to what a woman can do to you. At least in a violent confrontation with some horrible man you can fight back and spend some aggression and make yourself feel a little bit better, even if you take a hit or get your rear end kicked you'll probably be fine.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

I can be a total putz when it comes to sending and receiving romantic signals, so I've had girls I openly like ask me out before. Gauche or not, it usually works wonders at relieving any tensions in the early relationship, since then I don't need to worry over whether or not they like me back.

For real. Just ask a dude out if you're interested. Even with my dumb words above about being afraid of social shaming, poo poo if you ask first then fine sure. Even if a lady that I wouldn't ask out asked me I'd at least consider it and probably even go on at least the one date and see how it goes, gently caress it.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
I've stopped dating. it doesn't work for me. I can manage to kill anyone's sexual interest in me.

i do birthday parties and bar mitzvahs.

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I hate it when someone has power over me. Thats why i never ask out the women i actually like. Because then it would matter if she said yes or no.
Date your social, economic and intellectual inferiors only.

There is no helping being a emotional cripple, but you can adapt to it.

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

ChairMaster posted:

Women may not be very good at hurting people physically or doing a rape or all the stuff that makes women afraid of men but they're much better at hurting people emotionally and also their brains work different and are impossible to understand or comprehend. How is that not scary? It's like 51% of all people in the world are actually incomprehensible alien lifeforms that can see right through you and know perfectly well what you want and also hate you for being a weird loser no matter how hard you work at getting better because you'll still be hosed up from the foundation of your being.

Compared to that what's the worst thing a man can do to me, punch me? Try to steal the $5 I have in my wallet? poo poo, I'd welcome that confrontation compared to what a woman can do to you. At least in a violent confrontation with some horrible man you can fight back and spend some aggression and make yourself feel a little bit better, even if you take a hit or get your rear end kicked you'll probably be fine.

You really need to seek some professional help.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Most therapists are women, and my toxic masculinity is not allow me to talk to men about emotions. Therefore therapy is impossible. It's a catch-22!

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

ChairMaster posted:

Most therapists are women, and my toxic masculinity is not allow me to talk to men about emotions. Therefore therapy is impossible. It's a catch-22!

Here's a protip for you if you just keeping going to therapists and complaining about your sad brains one will eventually have pity sex with you it's super common

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Uh also most therapists are like 50, so no thanks.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

YeahTubaMike posted:

Sounds like a good way to filter out dudes with fragile egos.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

END CHEMTRAILS NOW posted:

thats all of them

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

END CHEMTRAILS NOW posted:

Pick posted:

thats all of them

i mean, i am single, and have been so for many years, so you might be onto something here

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER

ChairMaster posted:

Uh also most therapists are like 50, so no thanks.

Beggars cant be choosers. And there is less danger in going bareback with old women.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
met my current girlfriend at a new years eve party. She walked up to me and said "hey boy you like hot dogs?" and I said "hell yah girl i like hot dogs"

and we've been banging ever since

girls are weird

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
You ever see one of those women who buys like 100 pairs of shoes? That's scary. There is no logic behind it, it's broken brain stuff. That person is probably a serial killer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Chomp8645 posted:

You ever see one of those women who buys like 100 pairs of shoes? That's scary. There is no logic behind it, it's broken brain stuff. That person is probably a serial killer.

Def, it's the type of person who eventually starts making their own shoes out of their victims skin

• Locked thread