Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Moatillata posted:

And you would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for that meddling vig

Also you lamenting being a good teammate in scumdoc was p funny

speaking of being a good teammate what is up with you always wanting to kill me, Sticks?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Bifauxnen posted:

speaking of being a good teammate what is up with you always wanting to kill me, Sticks?!

Bif your scum game is too good for me, you're very lucky to be a diamond dog or I would have to policy murder you

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Moatillata posted:

Bif your scum game is too good for me, you're very lucky to be a diamond dog or I would have to policy murder you

oh cmon it is not

besides as scum you should still keep me alive just so I can bus everybody and keep trying to effortpost so I can be actually found out by the end so there :colbert:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

like it's super easy to be a sneaky scum when half your team is not posting so you just bus the gently caress out of em

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

LETS DO ROIDS

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
thanks kash for running

please disclose who chose multiple double-ups :v:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Birdstrike posted:

please disclose who chose multiple double-ups :v:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Birdstrike posted:

LETS DO ROIDS

https://youtu.be/JHiKDa4ip_Q

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Just always remember what junior Myles said

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Ugggggh god drat I can't believe I missed the end of this, sorry y'all. Great great game. A ton of fun. Scum team did good, town team did mostly good, Kash came up with some really fun roles. Good times all around, A++, would play again :kiddo:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Moatillata posted:

Accurate.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
##vote tpink

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Moatillata posted:

##vote tpink

Let's drop the pretense and gently caress already :swoon:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh phew, glad we didn't do my plan. Also I called Kasumeat like D1 so go me.

Also glad I was able to get the game that featured me on the cover

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Bif spying so much imma call you li'l comey gay rear end

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Birdstrike posted:

Bif spying so much imma call you li'l comey gay rear end

I demand to see your letter of Marquis signed off from 3 judges to give you the authority for that

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED

Murmur Twin posted:

While I'm on board with playing Mafia instead of jokephase, the opinions in this post (calling someone out for no game content despite the game still being in jokephase) read more like scum trying to fake an opinion than town. ##vote Kasumeat

Murmur Twin posted:

I feel like this post betrays the fact that bif is looking at the game from a scum point of view.

The tone of this post feels like bif trying to buddy up to Moat, and its content (that tpink is scum using airport-chat to hide in thread) feels like a case that scum would be making to try and drive a mislynch. tpink, despite spending a lot of time talking about airports, has an overall relaxed* vibe imo instead of a self conscious one.

*(like someone sitting in first-class)

I think that Hal's post reads as somewhat tongue-in-cheek and I don't think that Bif getting a scum read from it was an honest reaction.

##vote Bif

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Quid

Not to take away from what I just posted about Bif but at least she's posting. Quid's posts above remind me of this and I have no problem voting him if he's just going to do to the "someone else tell me what to read" dance again.

Teach me your ways

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
gj Kasu you almost got there

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

lol at the idea I would need to buddy up to Moat

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Inf! I did it! I won for us!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:hfive:

At first I thought our power was dumb, then I killed scum with it and it was not so dumb.

Kinda neat being confirmed-3P-survivor masons though

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Infinitum posted:

:hfive:

At first I thought our power was dumb, then I killed scum with it and it was not so dumb.

Kinda neat being confirmed-3P-survivor masons though

I never figured out how you knew Bifaux was scum, but being able to psychically tell what was going to happen with pretty helpful.

That and actually learning poo poo from stickup's play during Ravenswood.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I never figured out how you knew Bifaux was scum, but being able to psychically tell what was going to happen with pretty helpful.

that part was kind of bullshit, as if I don't pull all the proper town conduct poo poo literally every game

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

that part was kind of bullshit, as if I don't pull all the proper town conduct poo poo literally every game

You unvoted in an attempt to save your scumbro when there was a turbo going on him.

Made me suspicious of everyone who did so post-flip

Your posturing when bird was attempting to push the vote onto me sealed the deal

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Bifauxnen posted:

*cough* FF4 *cough*

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I hope everyone had a good game of mafia! I will be running genesis mafia in a few months once Something Awful's Bizarre Adventure ends.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Also I am really unhappy with how the lurking rules turned out in practice. Gonna use a harsher system next time.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Kashuno posted:

I hope everyone had a good game of mafia! I will be running genesis mafia in a few months once Something Awful's Bizarre Adventure ends.

Can I be Bebe's Kids again?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

CCKeane posted:

Can I be Bebe's Kids again?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
THE TOWN

Anomalous Amalgam, Town Aligned Chrono Trigger

quote:

Epoch: Each night, you may choose one of the following. ##PAST Pick any player, and a Night that has already occurred (Or this one) and find out who they visited OR ##FUTURE pick any player, and the number of nights in the future you would like to go (Cannot choose this night), then pick a target for that player. That night, the player you chose will visit the target instead of their target. You are Town Aligned and win when all threats to town are eliminated.

Asiina, Town Aligned Yoshi's Island

quote:

Wah: While Baby Mario is on your back, you are deathproof. If targeted by any ability, Baby Mario will be knocked off your back. Once that happens, Any player that targets you will be distracted by Baby Mario and be redirected to that player. Each night, you can attempt to ##RETRIEVE Baby Mario by targeting a player. You will doc any player you visit, but if Baby Mario dies or you do not retrieve him within 2 nights, you will die.You can't self retrieve. You are town aligned and win when all threats to town are eliminated.

Birdstrike, Town Aligned Killer Instinct

quote:

C-C-C-Combo Breaker: Twice per game, you may remove any votes on you and place them on any other player. After using both shots of CB, you will gain a one shot day vig that can only be used on the most recent vote on you. You are town aligned and win when there are no threats to town.

BottleKnight, Town Aligned NBA Jam

quote:

On Fire: Each night you will choose a player. If that player is still alive at the end of the next night, you will be On Fire! for the day While On Fire, you require one additional vote to lynch, and the player you currently have chosen cannot vote you. You are Town Aligned and win when there are no threats to town. You have a Night 0 action.

CapitalistPig, Town Aligned Terranigma

quote:

Magirocks: You will always have two Magirocks. Each night, you may choose to turn a Magirock into one of the following spells at random. 1) Freeze: At night, you may target a player to prevent them from taking any action and also prevent any action from affecting them. If anyone targets the frozen player, they will also freeze and so on. 2) Shout: At night, you may submit a message. When the day starts, you may have a message shouted anonymously to all players by the mod. 3) Question: At night, you may ask any question of any player privately via PMing the mod. You will receive their response as soon as it becomes available. 4) Zap: You may turn a player into a lightning rod for one night (Kills are not redirected). 5) Haunt: You can target a player to have them be visited by a ghost. This ghost will report the target of the player until the Magirock is turned into another spell. Once a spell is used, it returns to being a Magirock. You may not change a Magirock to a spell the same night you cast a spell. You are town aligned and win when there are no threats to Town. You have a Night 0 action.

CCKeane, Town Aligned Bebe's Kids

quote:

Break Dishes: Each night, you may place a plate in front of a player. When that player is targeted by another player, that dish will break and will be announced in thread who broke the plate (but it will not say which plate). You can put multiple plates in front of a player. You are Town Aligned and win when no threats to town are left.

Dick Bastardly, Town Aligned Ren & Stimpy: Time Warp

quote:

Proof of Purchase: Each night, you can visit a player and pick up a proof of purchase. If you have 10 proofs of purchase, you win the game immediately. You are town aligned and win if there are no threats to town.

Hal Incandenza, Town Aligned Uniracers

quote:

Anti-Uni: Each night, you may choose to ##Anti-uni. Doing so has a variety of possible effects: Change the following day to plurality/lights out, have a player's ability revealed at random (not the player) by the mod, reveal a member of the scum team to you, make the player with the least votes at day end die (total placed on them throughout the day)(random if tied), kill a player at random, grant scum an additional night kill, shorten or lengthen the day, or nothing. If the results of touching the Anti-Uni are not obvious, they will not be revealed to you. You are town aligned and win when town controls the vote.

imgay, Town Aligned Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together

quote:

Classes: Each player in the game has been assigned an (unknown) alignment: lawful, neutral, or chaotic. Each night, you may ##Recruit a player to a masonry. Each time you recruit a player, you will gain an ability based on their alignment. Lawful tend to be investigative, Neutral tend to be protective, and Chaotic tend to be destructive. The more you recruit of a certain alignment, the more powerful the abilities you unlock will be. You are Town Aligned and win when town has no threats remaining.

Mayor Glowku, Town Aligned Ballz

quote:

The Jester: Each night, you may disassemble. If you do, the next night you can hide behind another player. If you are targeted, that player will be targeted instead. If that player is killed, you will kill the killer. You are Town Aligned and win when there are no threats to town.

Moatillata, Town Aligned Joe & Mac

quote:

Stone Wheel: You can throw a stone wheel at a player, crushing their skull and killing them. The next night, the wheel will roll back to you and hit a player targeting you, preventing them from succesfully targeting you that night. Once you have the wheel again, you can throw it. You are town aligned and win when there are no threats to town remaining.

MurmurTwin, Town Aligned Aerobiz

quote:

Airports: Each day, you can open an airport at a player. If a player with an airport targets another player with an airport, they will be able to take a second action that night. You are town aligned and win when town has no remaining threats.

Retro Futurist, Town Aligned Phalanx

quote:

Funny Difficulty: At night, you may choose to put the game on Funny Difficulty the next day. When you do so, every 12 hours that passes makes every player gains 2 anon votes on them. If multiple players are lynched at the same time, the player with the most votes on them gets killed. If it is a tie, the lynch is chosen randomly. There is no deadline on a day with Funny Difficulty on. No one else is aware if Funny Difficulty is turned on. You are town aligned and win when there are no threats to town.

tpink, Town Aligned Earthworm Jim

quote:

Whip: Each night, you may choose to whip another player. If you do, that player will go flying and be unable to vote the next day. You are town aligned and win when there are no town threats left.

Your Personal Muse, Town Aligned SimCity

quote:

Dr. Wright: Each night, you may choose to grow your city. If you do, you can grant one player in the game a cop but someone will also be granted a vig. You are Town Aligned and win when there no threats to town.

THE SCUM

Bifauxnen, Scum Aligned Soul Blazer

quote:

Soul Collector: If a member of your team is lynched or killed, you may choose to free their soul the next night. When an ally soul is freed, you gain an anonymous vote for the rest of the game that can be used in addition to your own vote. Each soul you free grants an additional anonymous vote. If you do not free their soul, they will become a monster and you can order them to perform a kill in addition to the NK once per game.You are scum aligned and win when you control the vote. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DiA1KUm9Z5nAAqmijE8KckPHAgW0mtK5yWiM-Ldz1ug/edit?usp=sharing

Chaoslord, Scum Aligned Super Mario RPG

quote:

Geno Boost: You may target a member of the scum team at night to give them a Juggernaut kill or you may choose to charge the ability for an additional night, giving them a single doc in addition to the Juggernaut. You are scum aligned and win when scum control the vote. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DiA1KUm9Z5nAAqmijE8KckPHAgW0mtK5yWiM-Ldz1ug/edit?usp=sharing

Flamander, Scum Aligned Bubsy in Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind

quote:

Glide: When performing the Night Kill, you can glide to another target. You will be seen visiting the second target, not the night kill. You are scum and win when scum control the vote https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DiA1KUm9Z5nAAqmijE8KckPHAgW0mtK5yWiM-Ldz1ug/edit?usp=sharing

Kasumeat, Scum Aligned Super Tetris 3

quote:

Tetris: Each night, you will increase the amount of rows you can clear by 1, up to a max of 4. You can choose to clear the rows any night, and will clear all rows the night you choose to clear. Different clears grant different abilities. 1 Row: Jail a player. 2 Rows: Bus drive two players. 3 Rows: Turn a player into a Paranoid Gun Owner for the night. 4 Rows: Prevent all other actions this night. You are scum aligned and win when scum control the vote. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DiA1KUm9Z5nAAqmijE8KckPHAgW0mtK5yWiM-Ldz1ug/edit?usp=sharing

Quidthulhu, Scum Aligned The Twisted Tales of Spike McFang

quote:

Cape Spin: You may spin to redirect any ability targeting you to another player at random. You can redirect any ability targeting another player by spinning harder. For each player you choose to redirect for, you require 1 night to recover. (so if you redirect just for yourself, you need 1 night to recover, if you + one other, it requires 2 nights.) You are scum aligned and win when scum control the vote. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DiA1KUm9Z5nAAqmijE8KckPHAgW0mtK5yWiM-Ldz1ug/edit?usp=sharing

this is a stickup, Scum Aligned Firepower 2000

quote:

Jeep/Heli: Each night, you may choose to transform into a Jeep or a Heli. As a Jeep, you can perform kills and be targeted by other players, and enemies you kill explode that night killing any player that targets them. As a Heli, you cannot perform any kills but you cannot be targeted by any abilities. You can still be lynched. You cannot act the same night you transform. You are scum aligned and win when scum control the vote. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DiA1KUm9Z5nAAqmijE8KckPHAgW0mtK5yWiM-Ldz1ug/edit?usp=sharing

THIRD PARTY

Infinitum, Survivor Mason Aligned Secret of Mana

quote:

EN/JP: You are confirmed Masons with Yorkshire Tea. At night, the two of you must decide to have one of you starting the day voting the other, and that player cannot unvote unless the other mason votes them. Once during the day, the two of you may agree (in doc) to target a player. If either of you are killed that day, that player dies instantly. You are a 3P survivor and win if either of you make it to the end. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19CLDKy8E3ltyIEi5Jp_pfH4pBnSDquZ3hsccf4ZHLqM/edit?usp=sharing

Yorkshire Tea, Survivor Mason Aligned Seiken Densetsu 3

quote:

EN/JP: You are confirmed Masons with Infinitum. At night, the two of you must decide to have one of you starting the day voting the other, and that player cannot unvote unless the other mason votes them. Once during the day, the two of you may agree (in doc) to target a player. If either of you are killed that day, that player dies instantly. You are a 3P survivor and win if either of you make it to the end. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19CLDKy8E3ltyIEi5Jp_pfH4pBnSDquZ3hsccf4ZHLqM/edit?usp=sharing

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
How did Asiina die on the final night?

Also how the hell did the final night even play out the way it did?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Kasumeat made Moat a PGO

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Kashuno posted:

Kasumeat made Moat a PGO

Holy poo poo play of the game.

I was so loving convinced I'd figured out Moat because of that.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yeah honestly after that play I was sad to see them lose :( Kasu did their best for sure.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Dying to a PGO after all of my lies was so perfect.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Asiina posted:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I had plans to continue lying if I had successfully recovered baby Mario. If I ever thought scum had stolen my baby, I was going to get Moat to shoot me so it would get redirected.

Flamander
May 4, 2009
This was a really good game. Shame I didn't get to last past D1. Good vig there Moat.

Lots of really creative roles. I'm looking forwards to Genesis Mafia.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I wish i had gotten some cooler powers to activate, the haunt was cool but i really wish i had picked a different target.

shout and question were useless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Asiina posted:

lmao

Thanks for running this, Kash - some really fun and creative roles, I had a blast playing.

• Locked thread