Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Yes ok. Let's make SA Mafia great again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Kashuno posted:

tpink I also need a cart from you.

Done, thanks for the reminder!

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Kashuno posted:

There are 721 unique NA SNES titles and multiple pairs of you people chose the same titles multiple times

Yeah that's because a large portion of those games was hot garbage that no one remembers :classiclol:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Hi I am also in this game.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

CapitalistPig posted:

Oh I think i see what you are reading, we would both have been forced to make a new choice had I not had a contingency and sent kashuno 4 games in order of preference with the caveat that if my game was picked just move to the next one.

That's what I did too after my first pick was rejected because someone already had it. Because I was just so eager to get my pick in and get this game going!

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Asiina posted:

I know it's been figured out but I have to say it now because it's gonna come up eventually and better to try to get the dumb turbo out of the way first.

I would never pick Chrono Trigger because I don't like that game.

Holy poo poo ##vote Asiina, heathen scumbo extraordinaire.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

this is a stickup posted:

I have never played chrono trigger and only submit one game sooo

You're next.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Retro Futurist posted:

Asiina are you sure you didn't mean Chrono Cross? It's ok to not like Cross

This, on the other hand, is a correct opinion.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

CapitalistPig posted:

I liked Chrono Cross a lot. But I can understand why people wouldn't.

The music was pretty good but that's about it.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

BottleKnight posted:

My role sucks anyways, I'm basically vanilla town

You don't have a SNES game power? Did you gently caress up and pick a putting cartridge because if so lmao.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Quidthulhu posted:

i forgot this game started, everyone fill me in!

You're already dead, sorry bro :(

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Murmur Twin posted:

A post restriction in this game would be an awful lot of baggage to deal with.

You know what's a good kind of baggage? Jack Spade.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
A spooky ghost simcity!? But I hate ghosts. :hb:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Kasumeat posted:

Work was crazy today and tomorrow will be as well. I will do my best to catch up ASAP but I may not have time until late Thursday night

My day was uneventful and bland, AMA.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Let's get back to airport chat. My hot take on Denver airport is that it's too dang big and it takes too long to get around. On the other hand, it has a pretty decent steakhouse RIGHT IN THE AIRPORT so that's a good way to kill about an hour and a half.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
PYF airport, goons.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

this is a stickup posted:

seoul is definitely nice. all of the airports I've been to in japan were nice too. haneda is probably the best.
hong kong is nice if you're the type that likes to check out all the shops or just wander/watch planes, as the entire airport is literally a giant shopping mall, and fuckloads of planes are constantly in/out of the artificial island it's on.

singapore takes the cake though, hands down.

Whoa, I've never seen pics of the Singapore airport, and that is pretty amazing.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
And I'm going to ##unvote my jokephase on Asiina, since we are (maybe?) now starting to get out of jokephase.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Also think that voting for Asiina based on that "slip" is dumb.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Flamander posted:

I'm honestly just trying to post more about the game. I got lynched for not enough posts in my last game.

I was hesitant about even bringing up the Asiina case, but I decided to eventually :justpost: it. I couldn't find anything else particularly scummy.

In retrospect, that's probably because it's D1, and there's not a lot of hints being dropped.

Especially during D1 I am all for people posting whatever pops into their mind, even if it's some random or stray observation, because otherwise the game takes forever to get going. So don't hesitate to :justpost:, friend.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Another hot take: D1 meta analysis also dumb.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Moatillata posted:

Disagree also you never answered my questions that's one strike against you this game T pink

MY EYE IS UPON YOU

Mmt can you please tell me why you are not scum?

Sorry, must have missed it. If the question was am I town, then yes!!

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
YT, please post a spreadsheet detailing your D1 thoughts as to each of the 23 players' alignments and roles; otherwise, I am afraid I'll have no choice but to vote you.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mm-hmm, these opinions are all correct, and this all checks out.

*nods, checks the "Town" box next to YT's name*

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

imgay posted:

Also try to find one instance of me saying keeping it 100 that I wasn't keeping it 100.

Found one:

imgay posted:

Yes I am town, Keeping it 100.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Birdstrike posted:

imgay and Bif are confirmed town good people

What about me.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Moatillata posted:

All in all I'm glad we can all agree that JFK is a pit

Yeah agreed. LGA is kind of a trashheap visually but it's at least small enough that you can just get in and out and get on with your life. In JFK, I once missed a flight because it literally took like 25 minutes to get to the gate after security.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Hal Incandenza posted:

I would take JFK over LaGuardia any day, least favorite airport I have been too, and I have been to a lot. Smells better than Newark at least

Newark is barely even a real airport, to be fair. LGA ain't pretty but it's at least functional.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Birdstrike posted:

what about SFO I will be there in August

SFO is good, especially the new-ish terminal that they renovated a few years ago (I think it's Virgin and maybe American?).

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Bifauxnen posted:

Wow you are really switched on this game, it was literally from looking over his posts that I was starting to think that.

still going back to look over other people in comparison though

Nah I'm phone posting so I haven't linked any SNES music because it's too much of a hassle on phone. So airport chat it is. My D1 posting meta is that I'm bad at it :marc:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

tpink posted:

Nah I'm phone posting so I haven't linked any SNES music because it's too much of a hassle on phone. So airport chat it is. My D1 posting meta is that I'm bad at it :marc:

See, for example, literally every mafia game I've ever played here.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Bifauxnen posted:

ok yeah we both got shat on last game just for not having anything to say on D1 yet in the middle of a lurkerfest, fair enough

This game seems to have a lot more to go on already though, any reads yet?

There's been a ton more posts in this game, to be sure, but it's mostly been white noise. The only thing of semi substance was the Asiina post about the PGO but even that was more interesting in how people reacted to it. Not even close for me to throw a vote on anyone as a result but they are interesting data points for when we get closer to endgame, I think.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Birdstrike posted:

reposting this so tpink can read some substance instead of ignoring it

Nah I didn't ignore it. I said the Asiina thing was stupid, Flam basically said he's throwing things at the wall to see if anything lands D1 because he was free lynched last game for not posting enough (which is true), I said :justpost:. There's not nearly here enough for a vote, brother. I'm paying attention but it's not doing it for me. And again, not to go all meta, but I also rarely even vote on D1 at all basically for this reason - it's a crapshoot and statistically speaking you're likely to hit town vs scum. My only jokey vote was on Asiina and that's where I left it before unvoting after jokephase was over. I shitpost during D1 and then try and get more serious after.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Dick Bastardly posted:

I could see Glowku being scum.

##vote Glowku

Why? I don't see it.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Also, I am posting right now after having had three drinks and an ambien so I am clearly not worried about scum slips. I am a clean blank town slate y'all. Trust.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

I remember this same exchange last game and that didn't work out well for town at all.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mayor Glowku posted:

In my defense, I wasn't scum

I mean did you already forget? Sorry, SK not scum if you want to get pedantic about it. 🙄

Flying Leatherman posted:

whoops sorry to get your hopes up

Mayor Glowku, Self-Aligned Flavorcop SK Mason has won the game!
Yorkshire Tea, Self-Aligned Flavorcop SK Mason has won the game!
Moddoc
Discord (link good for 24 hours)

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Moatillata posted:

What did you drink

Thank you for asking. I had a Corona and two margaritas. They were delicious.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

chaoslord posted:

If statistically speaking you are more likely to lynch scum than town, the game is over because scum are >50% of the vote. Obviously D1 has the greatest statistical chance to lynch town, but the attitude of "d1 sucks and we're just going to lynch town anyway :shrug:" becomes a self fulfilling prophecy and is not even true.

He may not be scum for that, it may be a legitimate belief he holds, but it's a bad belief.

The bolded part is basically the point I was making, so I'm not really sure where we disagree. And do you not see how "we are going to lynch town" logically follows from "D1 has the greatest statistical chance to lynch town"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

chaoslord posted:

We disagree because while what you're saying is technically true, it's like saying "The Patriots (:barf:) are much better than the Buccaneers, we should not bother playing the game because we know they will win." You still play the game. Saying "I'm not going to vote on D1 because it doesnt matter" is a bad attitude.

Every day we are more likely than not to lynch town from a pure numbers point, so it logically follows that "We are going to lynch town" is true always. (There are of course corner cases like a Town SK Scum 3 man lylo, but in general this is true.)

Here was your original sentence in full.

I think it is your sincere belief. I am just saying it is a crappy belief and self fulfills. If everyone just jokeposts and then comes together to lynch someone D1, of course you're probably going to lynch town. But scum can get caught out on D1. In an all vanilla game, the "crapshoot" doesn't get much better going from D1 to D2 if it's a game full of people with this attitude because no one puts in any effort. Coasting through the game, waiting on other people to do the work is bad.

Yes yes, you've convinced me that D1 voting is good.

##vote chaoslord

jk

##unvote

You are taking the point that we both seem to agree on -- that statistically speaking D1 has the greatest chance for a mislynch -- and spinning it out to something fairly ridiculous and beyond what I said. Obviously I am not arguing that just because every day we are more likely to hit town than not (which is generally true from a pure numbers point, all other things being equal), that means that we should just not vote ever. And I don't discourage other people from voting D1 because well, we have to end the day somehow. I am saying that for me personally I don't like making D1 votes because I try to vote based on at least some reasoning and information, and more often than not, there's just nothing nearly solid enough to warrant a vote -- again, for me -- on D1. I put in effort by at least posting and engaging, even if it's stupid jokephase during D1, because that gets people talking and all information is good information that people can look at later. By not voting D1, that doesn't mean that I am "coasting through the game, waiting on other people to do the work," as you suggest.

• Locked thread