Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED
in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I like playing with YPM because s/he posts a lot and called me smart and handsome once when s/he was scum and I was town

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Yeah :(

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

https://youtu.be/FupEFyAoHaE

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Didn't the rules say that neither of you get it in that case

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Work was crazy today and tomorrow will be as well. I will do my best to catch up ASAP but I may not have time until late Thursday night

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

OK caught up but not much time to post:

I like Bird's entrance and attempt to play the game
Don't like CP's spam
I like music chat but not the several players posting almost exclusively about it
##vote Flam
You're on this list but haven't posted about the game at all

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Buffalo airport owns because

1. Anchor Bar is cheap by airport standards and better than 100% of other airport food
2. It means you're leaving Buffalo

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Flamander posted:

OK, then. Let's talk about Asiina? That case with the PGO slip seems pretty weird.

I got my role in one PM, which was cool.

On my phone at work now, will reread asiina when I get the chance

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Murmur Twin posted:

While I'm on board with playing Mafia instead of jokephase, the opinions in this post (calling someone out for no game content despite the game still being in jokephase) read more like scum trying to fake an opinion than town. ##vote Kasumeat

Flam is a player who has not posted non vgm content and I'm trying to put some pressure on to get the game rolling. This is a necessary part of scumhunting, and you're trying to throw shade on me for that?

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

CCKeane posted:

I'm suspicious of Asiina because my role is not typical although it has elements of typical roles in it, and I would expect the same from many roles.

Both Bomb and PGO seem to be pretty straightforward. This surprises me.

Asiina is indeed suspicious. I've only ever seen somebody botch a claim in a similar way (Cop vs. Role Cop) when they were frantically posting under pressure at L1, not an early claim like this. It doesn't really matter though, because we have to policy lynch a PGO claim at some point before LYLO anyways.

What's a hell of a lot suspicious though, is Keane's assertion that we all have wacky and unusual roles. This is a scumslip. TownKeane would have no idea what anybody else's role is other than a few people who have crumbed so far. But if it's the case that we all have wacky roles, ScumKeane would make this assumption a lot sooner if he sees that all of his scumbros have unusual roles. And the weak push on Asiina just seems like Keane's scum who's scared to push a policy lynch this early, so instead he's just trying to gently nudge town there before he commits.

##vote Keane

We could also just lynch Asiina today but this is better. If Keane flips scum, it might actually be enough to avoid policy lynching Asiina later. I'm still OK with a Flam lynch too, who made the same weak push on Asiina, but the whole wacky role thing makes me a lot more confident in Keane

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

On second thought I guess we'd still have to PL Asiina, I suppose it could just be Keane just making a weak bus for towncred knowing that Asiina is going down sooner or later

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

My role is not particularly weird. I just feel like Keane's tone has a degree of certainty about that that's not likely from town this early.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Also here's some god-tier VGM, though not SNES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2dWCXTXQMs

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Oh just a heads up I work in a restaurant and the deadline is at 10 PM which is usually a fairly busy time for me but I will do my best to phonepost for them

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Murmur Twin posted:

I feel like this post betrays the fact that bif is looking at the game from a scum point of view.

The tone of this post feels like bif trying to buddy up to Moat, and its content (that tpink is scum using airport-chat to hide in thread) feels like a case that scum would be making to try and drive a mislynch. tpink, despite spending a lot of time talking about airports, has an overall relaxed* vibe imo instead of a self conscious one.

*(like someone sitting in first-class)

I think that Hal's post reads as somewhat tongue-in-cheek and I don't think that Bif getting a scum read from it was an honest reaction.

##vote Bif

I don't follow what you're saying with the first point. I like the rest of this though.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

Hot take: It's actually better to hit town than scum D1.

This is statistically true. D1 is basically an information gathering phase. Not voting is a way for players to withhold information from town. That said, if this is actually how Tpink always plays, maybe Tpink just always plays anti-town. Can anyone confirm this?

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Kasumeat posted:

Asiina is indeed suspicious. I've only ever seen somebody botch a claim in a similar way (Cop vs. Role Cop) when they were frantically posting under pressure at L1, not an early claim like this. It doesn't really matter though, because we have to policy lynch a PGO claim at some point before LYLO anyways.

What's a hell of a lot suspicious though, is Keane's assertion that we all have wacky and unusual roles. This is a scumslip. TownKeane would have no idea what anybody else's role is other than a few people who have crumbed so far. But if it's the case that we all have wacky roles, ScumKeane would make this assumption a lot sooner if he sees that all of his scumbros have unusual roles. And the weak push on Asiina just seems like Keane's scum who's scared to push a policy lynch this early, so instead he's just trying to gently nudge town there before he commits.

##vote Keane

We could also just lynch Asiina today but this is better. If Keane flips scum, it might actually be enough to avoid policy lynching Asiina later. I'm still OK with a Flam lynch too, who made the same weak push on Asiina, but the whole wacky role thing makes me a lot more confident in Keane

Hey guys I'm solving the game please don't ignore me

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Moatillata posted:

Mmt your response has sated me atm

Lets murder flamander

After a short re-read he seems like scum trying to do damage control and then ghost the thread once the pressure is off

##vote flamander

I'm OK with this too

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

imgay posted:

##vote kasu.eat I don't like how his name is kind of like kashuno

Uuuh mod??? You're not gonna let this guy badmouth you are you????

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Murmur Twin posted:

I agree with this.

:colbert::colbert::colbert:

What made you say "bomb" there? Can you share your flavor with us since you've shared your role?

Please read my Keane case. And I'm not sure I see how it matters what exactly Asiina is up to with that botched claim, we have to policy lynch him sooner or later with a PGO claim.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Maybe I'm wrong about how wacky roles are, I've never played a role madness/CYOR game before. Regardless, you've made an assertion that is more likely to come from scum on a team full of wacky roles than it is from a townie. Maybe that could come from town, but it's more likely to come from scum. Even if I'm wrong about how normal wacky roles are, it remains that the only "scumhunting" you've done this game is making a case against a player who has made a claim that has to be policy lynched. You're just trying to look like you're scumhunting when you're just posting the obvious.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

CCKeane posted:

PGO doesn't have to be policy lynched, you're being silly, a big ol' goof.

I disagree. It's a super dangerous claim to let live, being essentially investigation immune and bullet proof

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Also I've played about ten games of Mafia for those curious, half here, half elsewhere

##vote flam
Maybe my last chance to post tonight before the deadline and i like this best of the wagons

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Most d1 posting is bereft of content. It's mostly memetic, clique, meta that has to be sifted through for inconsistencies in claims or logic.

There is merit, but a lot of it is garbage.

Complete nonsense. I literally just finished a setup of 4 VT vs 2 Mafia lovers that we won in day 1. That requires the entire town consensus and we all were unanimous on the scum team before seeing a single flip. No scum slips happened, just sorting legit scum hunting from fake

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Infinitum posted:

I am reading

In my heart I am voting Kasumeat for being weird

HURRR LETS VOTE THE GUY ACTUALLY SCUM HUNTING

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

##vote glowku

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Glowku is still null for me but i don't want to no lunch. I've played with him once before and it came down to 1v1 with us and he was all 'yeah i guess i have been totally useless this game"

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

And was town

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

GJ killing Flam, keep murdering my scumreads and we'll do well

##stick
Just can't see somebody defending Flam being town

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

imgay posted:

Someone trapped me in Tetris blocks last night

So you were roleblocked?

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Moatillata posted:

I was voting flam before it was cool

Also need to type out vote my man

Same

##vote stick

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Yes I know which is why I'm asking for clarification on what exactly happened to him

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Why the hell would I have voted at the deadline if I was scum instead of just letting it pass?

Pushing Flam was also the literal first thing I did this game.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

So BK has done literally nothing but tunnel me this game, like actually: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3821255&userid=140542

He doesn't even have a case on me, just made 3 posts of "scumvibes!!" and bunch of non-game posts.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

OK so that wasn't just me

##unvote for now

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

chaoslord posted:

Read to me like Keane moved from "I got rb'd" to "oh yeah I targeted imgay when he got rb'd" after imgay claimed it happened to him. Seemed weird.

This is a good point. And I'm still trying to wrap my head around what happened here.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

Hey kasu please read my posts and confirm the power i used at you.

Confirming

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

CCKeane posted:

I was told I was blocked by literal blocks. I targeted Imgay. I'm gay said he was blocked by literal blocks.

Pretty straightforward conclusion for me to make there.

Eh maybe. Your original post about it is worded ambiguously. I thought you were saying you were RBed, but it could be interpreted otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I'm drunk and about to hammer stick, ama

• Locked thread