Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Prorat posted:

ISIS twitter account claims responsibly.

I swear more pro trump accounts get banned than ISIS accounts.

gently caress Twitter.
They ban ISIS accounts constantly, but ISIS get around this by registering new accounts, an invincible strategy that causes Twitter to curl up in the fetal position and cry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mr.Tophat posted:

I did some research mate, and I'm afraid Islamistan is the old name for the place, it's like an Istanbul/Constantople deal

It's been called Agrabah for quite some time now
Which is exactly why they can't go back to Islamistan, even if you tell them to.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Creamed Cormp posted:

Please educate yourself, this is beyond embarassing.

"but the islams gave us algebra" *I weeped, as I was scraping the remains of my daughter of the concrete*
This is an insane response, but I also want to point out that generally there are people in charge of that, it's not like a thing where the cops call and say "hey, your kid left a real mess out here, get a spatula and get to work!"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mr.Tophat posted:

I am a friend to Agrabah, that sultan is alright, even if he abuses animals from time to time, I am happy to obfuscate for the guy

wait poo poo have I been radicalized already???
I dunno, would you touch anything but the lamp?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Creamed Cormp posted:

why do you even bother proving my point lmao, stop getting all your historical knowledge from facebook clickbait
:ironicat:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bareback Werewolf posted:

The dude's name is Al-jabr that should at least give you a hint.
I don't think creamed cormp wants any of your jibr jabr.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Shaocaholica posted:

You can't just attribute poo poo to the inventors religion. Can you imagine how much credit that would give Christians and Jews which is universally not given.
In that case you also can't attribute violence to it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Blazing Ownager posted:

Islam's level of violence really isn't much different than Christians, it's just that the big churches made Christianity acceptable to modern audiences and not all of Islam has caught up yet.
This is a myth. It's something that sounds good and makes sense but isn't actually true. It ignores the 20th-century history of both religions. There is still tons of Christian violence happening, and a huge amount in the 20th century. And it disregards how the Middle East was transformed from the end of World War 1 to now. Recent history plays a much larger part in this than a linear idea of how religions develop.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Shaocaholica posted:

I invented a thing! : religion did it
I killed in the name of religion! : not religion
Yes, this is my point.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's almost as though arguments about whether Islam is responsible for terrorism or math or whether it ever contributed anything to world civilizations are reductionist and dumb.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

935 posted:

Could it be that Islam in the Middle East is going through their dark ages right now, suppressing knowledge and repressing their own people and shunning the advances in the rest of the world? Historically what does it take to bring a region out of a dark age?
Domes.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

revmoo posted:

Are you really this dumb or is it an act?
It was a rhetorical point.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Mohammobile

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Neurosis posted:

these choices aren't exclusive and their lovely regressive religion is important. ideas have power.
What's your solution? Genuine question.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Shaocaholica posted:

What is this preschool? Not every criticism of a thing has to be validated with a solution. Unless you're just looking to undermine the solution and not the original criticism.
I'm just curious. I have my own thoughts about combating extremism in Islam but wanted to hear from someone on the other side. It's not a counterargument or a setup for one.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

lovely Wizard posted:

Hasn't LF donated to actual terrorist fronts before?

Plus the whole donating money to brother aziz who was raping their mentally ill boyfriend by forcing them to stay inside and have sex with him rather than seeking psychiatric help for them thing.
LF was insane

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

the trump tutelage posted:

D&D struggling mightily to miss the point.

What are the odds he was a second generation engineering student?
Not likely. His parents probably weren't engineering students.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pawl posted:

Fun fact: There is more to America than just Klan rallies
Yes, we also have Denny's.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Legally we can't perform euthanasia.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fushigi Yuugi fansub posted:

legally you shouldn't protect child molestors
I'm just glad you feel so protected.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ugh, loving NERDS and their advocacy for criminal justice reform. Freaking dorks!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Secular Humanist posted:

Rates of criminality are insanely higher for black americans than any other demographic too, so they will be represented in every conceivable crime statistic, per capita, more than any other race. Both sides use this to justify their own baseless fear mongering, sadly.
It's probably the shape of their skulls.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fushigi Yuugi fansub posted:

i truly am overjoyed with the fact that SA mods always favor their own people
Lmao u mad

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

homercles posted:

Would love to reply in depth but would get insta banned.

Long story short: UK is hosed. West Europe is hosed.
If you can't post what you think because it's so racist, maybe the problem is you

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

That statement assumes that there are no unreasonable people doing the modding. Which is an incredibly optimistic view of the mods.
See all the people posting about Islam and Muslims in this thread and not getting banned? There's an admin in here, posting, and not banning people. Clearly this isn't some sort of honeypot to ban anyone with right-wing views on the issue.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Statistically there's a decent chance that one of the victims, before the concert, said "I'm going to get nailed!" but I don't know if that's slang they use in the UK.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Congrats to all the posters ITT on their successful ringing of doorbells and running away.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Luxury Communism posted:

edit: I've checked GBS and I can't find a subforum labeled "coloreds only"
It's the front page discussion forum.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Luxury Communism posted:

GBS is a religion of peace. Let us into your subforum, we have been oppressed by your colonialism for too long!
You're not sending your best people.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Helical Nightmares posted:

It's racist to exclude us.
In these troubled times, can we afford to be so politically correct?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pawl posted:

It's a mix of terrible foreign policy and a barbaric, murderous ideology that western society tolerates because we are too afraid to speak out against it in public for fear of losing our jobs to the diversity thoughtpolice

Lol k

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Zorodius posted:

I will not be satisfied until our president promises to bomb a desert into another, flatter desert
And President Trump always gets two deserts.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I don't understand why a population of citizens can say "We don't want to bring in a bunch of refugees to murder us" and then the powers that be say "Sorry. You're racist. You have no say. Off to jail"
This has never happened, sorry.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Daily mail lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

You win today, psycho ho.

P.S. hate speech laws are stupid as gently caress

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Snatch Duster posted:

*the cacaphony of "im gay" and "cuck" weared at Factsareuseless*

"how did this happen, i thought i was right" *as he falls to his knees*

*Spunky Psycho Ho leans in and whispers*

"his name is Seth Rich"
was, not is

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Landstander posted:

Hot take: this is a stupid equivalency and a poor way of saying it, but I actually don't think he's entirely wrong? There seems to be a connection between the atomization of society, people taking on fringe online politics as identities, and radicalized violent nutcases like the bomber.
It's much easier for extremist ideologies to form internationally now, and harder to combat them when people have access to a constant stream of it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Landstander posted:

Lowtax's "Parrot rear end Club" theory was right in ways we couldn't have predicted.
The internet made Earth stupid.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bholder posted:

Using actual hate speech for examples on why hate speech laws suck is not exactly the best of ideas.
They suck for the same reason drug and gun laws suck: they can be used by police to target powerless groups for (usually) financial gain. That doesn't mean those laws are never used legitimately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Snatch Duster posted:

*as Spunky Psycho Ho lines up a killing blow on the war-weary QQcs mod, a wet thwack hits him in the shoulder*

"Look, on Transphobia Hill!" *exclaims a 2017 Newbie*

*a dozen DnD xhers and xes are lined up with sling shots, notching severed dicks and testicles in the leather pads while a banner of Tonnetta flaps limping in the wind*

"Die cis-scum!"

*they shout while Tight Booty Shorts smirks smugly, showing of xer pearly whites that are stained orange from cheeto dust*
:chloe:

• Locked thread