Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Chris James 2 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVhCBsombGY

Noam Dar and Alicia Fox vs Sasha and Rich Swann at Extreme Rules
Cedric dodged a bullet there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Anals of History posted:

This is the new andey, isn't it?
andey

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Are you ready for a train wreck?

Oh and in terms of injuries, yeah the style is so physical now. Ever hear people talking about how they used to do nothing?

Some stiff punches, way more bleeding, but less high flying and a lot more stalling. And squash matches! It's a lot physically easier to squash some loser than have a competitive match.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Wazzu posted:

And squash matches! It's a lot physically easier to squash some loser than have a competitive match.

There should be more squashes. I enjoyed the poo poo out of the gimmick they had going with Braun for a while. Also, the whole Goldberg/Lesnar feud.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

oh man this was fantastic

and then i scrolled down to matt and it became even better

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lince Dorado landed bad on his knee in a Main Event-taped match with Drew Gulak and got hurt

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Choom Gangster posted:

This is from a few pages ago, but I think it was Batista (or someone recently) on Talk is Jericho said WWE matches are less and less called in the ring and actually scripted more thoroughly before you get out there. I was disappointed to hear that.

this might have already been brought up too but Meltzer talked about that when he was talking about DDP's WWE run and how a bunch of people in WWE complained about him doing that

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

Much worse. You'd be on the road for weeks straight with tour routes that weren't streamlined to make travel easier. Also WWE paid for a plane ticket to the tour but not one home so some lower card guys would have to stay on the road since it was cheaper than flying home for a couple days. Bad News Allen protested that and got the policy changed. WWF touring in the 80s was a lot like doing the European tour constantly. Crockett guys had about the same number of dates but they had to travel a bit less between cities. The AWA schedule was considerably easier than either even at their peak but by the mid 80s the AWA was in decline so it's not a good comparison.

Yeah Raymond Rougeau talked about it in his shoot interview. It was crazy for guys not even in the uppercard or the main event scene, just horrendous. I'm glad for them that the travel isn't nearly as bad now because I can't believe how much they traveled then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

good drat Alexa Bliss just died on live TV

• Locked thread