Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cavauro posted:

everyone type out or paste your list of people who deserve the belt, and if anyone else has it, you get fed Up

1.- Me
2.- My friend Dromal
3.- My friend Soothings
4.- Armbar
5.- Clonfroggio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jinder rules. Please stop trying to hinder is everlasting title reign.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

KungFu Grip posted:

People wanted Daniel Bryan to face Brock and win

Good people, those. Hella smart people.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Mat wrestling is an OK style for a little guy to face a big guy with. When Finn does that stupid rear end double stomp I can't possibly think it'll hurt someone that's like twice as big.

lmao I dunno if you were aware of this, but an entire person's weight crashing down on your stomach through their feet kinda stings a bit.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Do it ironically posted:

Here's my hot take

Finn is tiny, and it's ridiculous to see him go up against someone as big as Brock, nobody can believe a little baby man could beat a huge roided dude, he should be on 205 live

Well done, if intentional.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Getting double stomped from a height by a man Finn's size could legitimately easily kill someone if it wasn't worked, also you're dumb.

well yeah, and there are a ton of submission holds that hurt but don't *look* like they hurt as much as say, the Steiner Recliner. The thing these moves have in common are that they are bad wrestling moves

e) honestly this isn't a "making GBS threads on Finn" thing, I always think top rope stomps look like one of the least impactful moves you can do from the ropes. Even a flying elbow looks so much cooler.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I feel that seven or eight front dropkicks and then two or three slingblades would be more than enough to use as a finishing move combination. hopefully Finn tests that out one of these days

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
180 pounds crashing onto your chest... how could that poo poo possibly hurt???

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Anyone who would stay down long enough for Finn to hit the stomp is down long enough for him to have already gotten the pin.

This is the problem with combining logic and top rope stuff.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Guys did you know if you do an irish whip in real life the guy will just not move???????

Can't believe this fake fighting is so unrealistic.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
The average wrestling match ends with the loser being unconscious for at least three seconds. Jobbers should be retiring from getting multiple concussions every week.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Vaguido posted:

Guys did you know if you do an irish whip in real life the guy will just not move???????

they need to take after njpw and make their fake fighting more real so people will actually care about it

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Anyone who would stay down long enough for Finn to hit the stomp is down long enough for him to have already gotten the pin.

This is the problem with combining logic and top rope stuff.

Think of it this way if a wrestler feels someone pressed to their body they're gonna kick out; on the other hand if they're just layin there not feeling anything go wrong theyll probably try to take a breather. Top rope moves are just exploiting this basic weakness in wrestling psychology.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Jinder obviously worked very hard to make this happen. He deserves a big splat on the back.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

reignofevil posted:

Think of it this way if a wrestler feels someone pressed to their body they're gonna kick out; on the other hand if they're just layin there not feeling anything go wrong theyll probably try to take a breather. Top rope moves are just exploiting this basic weakness in wrestling psychology.

Same thing as laying on a table. It's kind of like a bed so it feels more comfortable so they just chill for a second.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

reignofevil posted:

I prefer to think of it as wrestling is pretty dumb and that's what makes it fun.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i hope everybody speaks their mind, doesn't hold back, and has a good time posting.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Pete Dunne should be feuding for the championships. Yes, both of them.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Jinder's finishing move should be carrying the Bollywood Boyz on his shoulders as they perform Mecha-Shiva. That's a free idea, WWE, you're welcome.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Vaguido posted:

yeah in fake fighting how could you possibly care about moves that "would hurt in real life" versus moves that look like they hurt

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

So the storyline for Raw's No.1 Contender is basically nothing more than "smash these 5 guys together in random matches with basically no storyline or deeper meaning"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Everyone should do vertebreakers so its believable

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DLC Inc posted:

So the storyline for Raw's No.1 Contender is basically nothing more than "smash these 5 guys together in random matches with basically no storyline or deeper meaning"

And Brock wants to gently caress Finn STRAIGHT IN THE rear end

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

DLC Inc posted:

If it were an actual tournament that might work out better. But who would ever expect something like that to be fun to watch?
watch best of super juniors block a

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Finn has a real chance against Brock because he has that weak guts disease. One Coup de Grace and Brock is dead.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Finn has a real chance against Brock because he has that weak guts disease. One Coup de Grace and Brock is dead.

I'd love for someone not named Roman, Seth, or Braun to beat Brock but unfortunately the best choice, Rusev, is on the other show

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

I mean, it's bad either way, but in fairness to them, circumstances ruined the initial plan.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

finn baylor bitch

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

yeah in fake fighting how could you possibly care about moves that "would hurt in real life" versus moves that look like they hurt

The point is that this is fake bullshit fighting and that if you can't suspend your disbelief enough to believe the coup de grace would hurt just because the guy is tiny, maybe you should watch a different form of entertainment. This, of course, is completely ignoring the fact that Finn's finish is legitimately deadly and could kill someone twice your size in a shoot.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

reignofevil posted:

Your theory has actually been tested by Liger

https://youtu.be/6gS2nSn42Ag

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Pete Dunne should be feuding for the championships. Yes, both of them.

When I first started to seriously get into wrestling, my #1-in-my-heart guys were Benoit and Jericho. Then it was Bryan Danielson. After he became a farm, I was adrift for awhile until I found Speedball Mike Bailey and Pentagon Jr. Now, Pete Dunne has been creeping his way into my "drop what you're doing and watch everything this guy does" zone. He's just so stinkin' good.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

mary had a little clam posted:

When I first started to seriously get into wrestling, my #1-in-my-heart guys were Benoit and Jericho. Then it was Bryan Danielson. After he became a farm, I was adrift for awhile until I found Speedball Mike Bailey and Pentagon Jr. Now, Pete Dunne has been creeping his way into my "drop what you're doing and watch everything this guy does" zone. He's just so stinkin' good.

I'm with you on Dunne, and I think Bate is pretty drat fantastic, but he tends to get lost in the conversation. I really can't wait to see what these guys can pull off over the next decade or so, whether it's with the WWE or not.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Vaguido posted:

The point is that this is fake bullshit fighting and that if you can't suspend your disbelief enough to believe the coup de grace would hurt just because the guy is tiny, maybe you should watch a different form of entertainment. This, of course, is completely ignoring the fact that Finn's finish is legitimately deadly and could kill someone twice your size in a shoot.

the whole point of using moves that look like they hurt, rather than moves "that would hurt in real life" is to help the audience suspend disbelief

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bate and Dunne are Good, Finn is Good, Seth is Good, Brock is Good When He Tries which unfortunately these days is almost never.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the whole point of using moves that look like they hurt, rather than moves "that would hurt in real life" is to help the audience suspend disbelief

And that's what I'm saying. I don't know in what world an entire man (190 lbs or 300 lbs doesn't matter) stomping his feet down full force directly on your chest, where your heart lives, doesn't look like it hurts to you.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Bad:
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Randy Orton

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Dumb arguments about finishers aside, i think the big question for Finn vs. Brock is whether Finn can look vicious enough to be a real threat. Daniel Bryan was also tiny, and the only way I can imagine him standing a chance against Brock is by going full-blown "Bryan Danielson fights Morishima" levels of violent. It still wouldn't be very believable.

Has Finn ever fought a style that looked like he was trying to murder his opponent?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

That DICK! posted:

Bad:
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Randy Orton

Nope nope and nope but I appreciate your right to be mistaken.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sasha legit hurts her oponnents and always looks like she wants to murder them. Let her face Brock.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

All finishers should be Tiger Driver 91s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

If I were a wrestler my finisher would be using a gun to kill my opponent or make them submit to prevent being shot.

• Locked thread