Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«164 »
KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

greasyhands posted:

I dont follow this thread very closely, are you a regional guy? Only way Id think this is feasible is if another regional is going to get shut down and you guys are going to get the planes and they just havent announced it yet

I flowed to a major last summer. The class in question was cancelled just a few days prior to start, there's been no mention of resuming any other hiring. Since the majority of the class had already left their previous jobs the company decided to pay them new-hire pay and give them benefits. This basically makes them Schrodinger's pilots who both are and aren't employed by the company until their superposition is resolved by some sort of legal action. My guess is the company is going to deal with it now by putting them through an abbreviated indoc, letting them bid for base/equipment, then sending them home again. This way if we end up furloughing, running another displacement bid, or have some sort of contractual change that affects new hires there's no ambiguity about what happens to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered

Oh, ok that makes sense

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

hey better than United telling their new hires they have 10 minutes to pack their poo poo and get the gently caress out before they get the dogs sic on them

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006
THE VOLKSWAGEN DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Animal posted:

hey better than United telling their new hires they have 10 minutes to pack their poo poo and get the gently caress out before they get the dogs sic on them

They were going to release the hounds, but they killed them first by accident.

MrYenko
Jun 17, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

PT6A posted:

RELEASE THE HOUNDS

*the overhead bins slam open and dead dogs fall out*

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Again, Torts took him to a very high mountain and showed him Nationwide and all its splendor.

"All this I will give you," he said, "if you will lay down and block for me." -Jackets 15:16

PT6A posted:

Jesus f

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rincey
Jan 12, 2001

PT6A posted:

«164 »