Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Can't even show your genitals to your friends at work anymore. drat cancel culture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005

drat LIBTARDS! I SHOULD BE ABLE TO SHOW MY JUNK TO ANYONE I WANT! TRUMP 2024!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Again, Torts took him to a very high mountain and showed him Nationwide and all its splendor.

"All this I will give you," he said, "if you will lay down and block for me." -Jackets 15:16

KodiakRS posted:

Do we know each other?

Nope, but you were in the SASCAR IRC server one year for the Daytona 500 and we figured out he was two people either below or above (can't remember which) you on the seniority list there. His name was Tyler and I think he was LGA based for a bit before getting ORD.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

Z is the new C

Pryor on Fire posted:

https://twitter.com/scottiebateman/status/1376136145566765065

once local governments figure out this is possible about half the airports in the USA are going to require commercial airliners to take off like this

Bringing this old post back because I just saw it but I think the biggest problem with implementing this for every TO is that you would only be able to do a fraction of the number of normal TO and landings per runway per day.

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004

Anybody want to go halves on a Blackhawk?

https://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/aucitdsc/?sl=91QSCI21178601

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Black Hawk Down payment

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Any guesses why we (the western US) just got some big blocks of Class G up to 14.5 show up again recently on sectionals? Until something like 10 or 20 years ago, we had these tall G blocks, but they switched them to E -- so it was always a curiosity pointing them out on the old sectionals on the wall of my flight school. Curious if anyone has a better guess than "they wanted to turn them back into G".

vessbot
Jun 17, 2005
I don't like you because you're dangerous

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

Any guesses why we (the western US) just got some big blocks of Class G up to 14.5 show up again recently on sectionals? Until something like 10 or 20 years ago, we had these tall G blocks, but they switched them to E -- so it was always a curiosity pointing them out on the old sectionals on the wall of my flight school. Curious if anyone has a better guess than "they wanted to turn them back into G".

Did Victor airways disappear, that the E was for?

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

MR.FUSION
#TEAMTRASHMILES

Probably not enough utilization as controlled airspace to bother.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

vessbot posted:

Nope. The airways havenít moved.

The airspace in question is up around MSO and GPI, for reference. I donít know the answer either

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

vessbot posted:

Nah, I don't think there were airways there, and they are still broken up around the airways.

e.pilot posted:

Probably not enough utilization as controlled airspace to bother.

Almost certainly true, just seems like a weird thing to change.

Prefect Six
Mar 27, 2009

Just gonna leave this gem from my home airport here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCJCcssBQzw

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005

a patagonian cavy posted:

Nope. The airways haven’t moved.

The airspace in question is up around MSO and GPI, for reference. I don’t know the answer either

Totally guessing here, but maybe it had something to do with radar coverage? I know Kalispell has poor radar coverage at low altitudes, and I'm pretty sure the same is true for Missoula, so that may have something to do with the G vs E airspace decision making at the FAA.

It's also possible that some GPS routes or something else not shown on sectionals changed and influenced the decision, but I learned long ago not to ask why the FAA does anything.

DuckConference
May 27, 2004

Prefect Six posted:

I like the part where they decided that the altimeter setting was a heading to turn to while taxiing.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

"Why does that Subaru break down every time you look at it, Travis", Punchy said. I nearly fell out of the jump seat in my Brat, aghast. "That thing a princess?" I coughed and gulped. "Hahahaha, nice one, Punchy", I said

Prefect Six posted:

Holy mother of Jesus. Is it allowed for the controller to say "8236B, return to your parking space and prepare to copy a number for your instructor to call?"

Like she sounds so green it's not even her own fault. She should never have been allowed out solo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

Holy mother of Jesus. Is it allowed for the controller to say "8236B, return to your parking space and prepare to copy a number for your instructor to call?"

Like she sounds so green it's not even her own fault. She should never have been allowed out solo
Thats what I was thinking. That person was definitely not ready to fly solo. Being nervous as poo poo is one thing. Being unable to follow taxi directions on the ground is another.

Also LOL @ ď...you never asked me...Ē