Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«106 »
No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yogg-Saron fan #1

Elven scout having relevant tribal synergy is the one that really annoys me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

No Wave posted:

I thought the mmr system was cool because I got so much free stuff for winning 40% of my games, but I'm not so sure now. If you're able to climb with a 20% win rate, doesn't that mean that some players will get stuck at a rank where they're only winning 20% of the time? And won't that be miserable for them? It seems like there will be a huge number of people stuck at 3900. Hearthstone has win streaks until rank 5, which has a kind of similar effect, but you'll still have a 45% or so winrate at the rank you get stuck at pre-5.

Imo the system is better in gwent. You don't get punished as hard if your win streak is broken, you lose a bit and can go back to gaining a bunch of mmr immediately. That win bonus though starts disappearing towards 3900 or so (don't quote me on this number) and at that point you have to have over 50% winrate to keep climbing which is the same as hearthstone past rank 5.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

Minrad posted:

well, my verdict on the latest balance pass: it's dogshit, create is still garbage, and the upcoming arena/draft mode looks totally uninspired. at least thronebreaker might exist some day, in the mean time slay the spire is fufilling all my card game needs until mtg:arena or artifact reveal if they will be worth playing or not.

How's it dogshit? Create isn't supposed to be competitive. Arena mode is fine. You guys are getting riled up for no loving reason

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yogg-Saron fan #1

Create is extremely, extremely viable.

Meta:
Elven scout
Winch
Nilfgaard runestone
Isengrim Outlaw

Playable/viable:
Vreemde
Aguara
Hym
Doppler
Black blood

Leaders:
Usurper

He meant it was a dogshit mechanic, not that the power level is dogshit - the power level in general is high and borderline undervalued when they synergize with other cards, that's half of the create cards in the game.

Lots of decks like vipers, henselt in general, and elves can't realistically run decks without create cards. This is not something designed for a new game mode, and most of these will be overpowered in draft.

No Wave fucked around with this message at Feb 14, 2018 around 16:29

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I know the latest overpowered deck is Elf Spam, but, even though it is not competetive, Henselt + Winch was a mistake, especially with Neneke. Maybe he will get limited to 'play 2 copies of a bronze' instead.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

So maybe NR is doable?

https://youtu.be/6bgnkncLk6A

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

well that was a rollercoaster ride.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yogg-Saron fan #1

Here's a good skellige deck:

It's good because it plays like NR.

The idea is to have a normal game until round 3 when you olaf + yoana for 34 points (36 if you have a longship out). This deck thins extremely aggressively, the recon should probably be another light longship tbh but you really want that olaf yoana. You have a few nasty surprises to steal round 1 or go up a card there - 20 point crach into harpooner once you play pirates and morkvarg, and Hym -> Skjall -> Udalryk 5 point spy.

If Skellige had other good golds I wouldn't run gigni, but they don't. I'd seriously give Uma's curse a try if I had it. Everyone plays coral but she hasnt done that much for me.

No Wave fucked around with this message at Feb 17, 2018 around 05:39

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

Played against someone who had the title of Xbox Live Player. Crossplay confirmed? Eat your heart out you console playing, non gwent-up using plebs

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

EEEEEENT
OOOOORT
EEEEEENT
OOOOORT

No Wave posted:

Everyone plays coral but she hasnt done that much for me.

She's Dudu + lock + 3 str

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yogg-Saron fan #1

Coral doesn't target golds. If she did I'd absolutely run her. I'll probably start using her again if muźzle lets me down but muzzle's been pretty nice.

Muzzle also makes people tilt and concede at ranks where mmr losses are low.

No Wave fucked around with this message at Feb 17, 2018 around 06:25

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I feel like when I have coral played against me, it is usually targets point generating card like a behemoth or mangonel or revenant, in which case muzzle would also work and be slightly more value.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy.

A Muzzled unit can be re-Muzzled, but a Jade Figurine is always a blank card.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I've not been muzzled too often, but that is a good point too. The cards are similar enough that I'm sure there isn't a huge difference between them, and you may get the occasional big win from coral against something with big buffs on it like an Impera Enforcer. The real dealbreaker for me: I'm out of scraps and only have muzzle

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

morenn is worthless

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Up Circle posted:

morenn is worthless

Morenn exists now to make people play a tutor and then get their poo poo stolen by Malena or whoever the 7 str spy that steals is.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Keep calling me fat! I will continue to score goals.

The funniest use of muzzle is when running sk light longships against dwarfs and stealing the dwarf that is boosted when damaged to put next to your longship

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy.

Or use Muzzle, Coral and Jade Fig to remove each Nekker / Revenant from existence as they hit the board

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Keep calling me fat! I will continue to score goals.

lol I just won a match because my opponent didn't realize that the Lord of Unvik gets picked up by summoning circle.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

there was a man of double deed
and nandynandynandy need,
and when he rode he was a horse
and when he walked he was a porse

what's going on with the servers lately? i haven't had this much connection issues and not finding games ever, and i've played since closed beta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy.

Simone Poodoin posted:

lol I just won a match because my opponent didn't realize that the Lord of Unvik gets picked up by summoning circle.

It also picks up Jade Figurine!

«106 »