Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«112 »
rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

EEEEEENT
OOOOORT
EEEEEENT
OOOOORT

For better or worse the Gwent community is going full meme during this wait for Homecoming.

https://youtu.be/uNTfJD3wElE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

EEEEEENT
OOOOORT
EEEEEENT
OOOOORT

It's a premium keg weekend right now, in case anybody cares.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

HA! HA! HA!

So i haven't played in like, forever. What happened to this game?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

game was essentially abandoned by CD Project while they make Gwent 2.0

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

There's a six month wait until the new version comes out, heard it was because they changed project lead. I recommend going to reddit and twitch and doomsaying about two rows killing the game forever.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

HA! HA! HA!

frajaq posted:

Is that in the same game? Or completely new? What the gently caress happened it was really off to a strong start.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Flipswitch posted:

Is that in the same game? Or completely new? What the gently caress happened it was really off to a strong start.

Yeah, it is a large scale overhaul / update that should change core mechanics or something like that. A lot of people really hated on the midwinter update (if you weren't around, it added the keyword create, which functions like hearthstone's discover) and there was a ton of complaining about that and other things with it.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

EEEEEENT
OOOOORT
EEEEEENT
OOOOORT

frajaq posted:

If you consider releasing a balance patch, a hotfix, and the coolest faction battle prize they've done so far as essentially abandoning the game, sure.

I mean yeah, I get that the announcement of the revamp has left some things up in the air, but all of y'all act like they shut down the servers the instant they announced Homecoming.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Oh, as rydiafan says, the game is there, fine, and functional! There won't be a lot of updates for awhile, but with the nerfs to some of the more egregious cards, gwent is still playable and all. I don't know what the latest boogeyman deck is, though...

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yogg-Saron fan #1

There's no planned changes until october. I still play the game but "abandoned" is totally a fair description. If a card is op or obnoxious now, like Restore or Assire + dead spies, nobody in a position to change it can be expected to care.

It's also not clear at all just how different the game will be in october. I think two rows is only the very beginning, I give a 30% chance of face being added to the game.

The game isnt bad by any means right now though. Alchemy and greatswords seem the strongest but if you have some plan to beat them, even a dumb one that relies upon drawing specific cards, you can enjoy yourself.

No Wave fucked around with this message at Jun 8, 2018 around 16:39

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

dead game till october

«112 »