Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«122 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Asehujiko posted:

I too find myself pretty much done with the current meta of smashing my still not fully complete queensguard deck up against an endless row of vicovaro medic hard counters to my deck. Now I could get hopelessly smashed enough times for another couple hundred dust and branch out into morkvarg but gently caress chasing yet another deck that MAYBE won't end up on the rear end end of the meta again when I get there.

You're running savage bears right? They eat the medics. Just don't toss the qg in the bin until you've got a bear on board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006



Asehujiko posted:

I too find myself pretty much done with the current meta of smashing my still not fully complete queensguard deck up against an endless row of vicovaro medic hard counters to my deck. Now I could get hopelessly smashed enough times for another couple hundred dust and branch out into morkvarg but gently caress chasing yet another deck that MAYBE won't end up on the rear end end of the meta again when I get there.

There's no counter to Morkvarg yet at least. I mean technically locks counter him, but the current deck has 3-4 ways of unlocking him.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless


Osmosisch posted:

You're running savage bears right? They eat the medics. Just don't toss the qg in the bin until you've got a bear on board.

I need a second bear. I need


i need a deck of bears

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014


This thread reminds me that it's very important to spend 95% of your dedicated gwent time actually playing gwent and getting better at it (in no way the meta is figured out and each faction has at least 2 viable ladder decks with the possible exception of NR only having 1), and only the remaining 5% reading reddit or this thread.

The amount of "meta is hosed, laddering sucks" desperate cries is deafening. You can netdeck 70% of any good deck, tech the remaining 30% and you're good to go. You will climb pretty high too. I'm currently rank 12 with an incomplete Eredin weather running Ciri and Triss and loving Yennefer(not YenCon) and Scorch. I win most of my bad matchups because swarm/consume decks never expect Yennefer, and massive Nilfgaard/Scoiatael dudes never expect the last round Scorch. I have a pretty bad w/l ratio vs Skellige but hey, you can't have everything. I have no Rag Nar Roog or Drought, I swear you can climb without those too and have fun doing it!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

My night will come.


Tibor.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer


Yeah that card is bananas. Hope it gets adjusted.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER

6th Anniversary Edition



Tibor and Hjalmar could probably both use a 3-5 power nerf

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011



Unless I'm remembering wrong Hjalmar was always like this. He wasn't all that played before, what changed was the amount of cards that can deal 5 damage that you can put in your deck and save for Hjalmar.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business


I was thinking of making a Dwarf deck. I only got the starter deck and I like the way the Dwarf cards play off each other. Anyone got advice on which cards I should be going for?

Minrad
Sep 26, 2007

I will never forget your smiles. I feel like I saved the world today. Just feeling like that is enough for me.



I think it was more the number of good gold cards for Skellige decreasing a bit.

rip the good old days of windmill slamming birna bran and donar an hindar to go into final round with 3 extra cards over your opponent

Mesadoram posted:

I was thinking of making a Dwarf deck. I only got the starter deck and I like the way the Dwarf cards play off each other. Anyone got advice on which cards I should be going for?

All the silver dwarfs are good and cheap (namely yarpen, barclay, and dennis). Get yourself a Ragh Na Roog and you're good to go from there.

Minrad fucked around with this message at May 31, 2017 around 13:44

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001


Also I thought Schirru was a pretty nice gold (10 strength, consumes a card in your hand to turn it into scorch). But then I played it and realized it doesn't make you play the scorch the same turn, which makes the card awesome.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011



Mesadoram posted:

I was thinking of making a Dwarf deck. I only got the starter deck and I like the way the Dwarf cards play off each other. Anyone got advice on which cards I should be going for?

Yarpen Zigrin and Dennis Cranmer should be the silvers you'll be wanting to craft. Other silvers you might want to look at is Barclay Els, Ida Emean, Ciaran. For golds though she aint a dwarf Ithlinne is real good, and you'll want her to pull out double potions and stuff. Zoltan Chivay, Saskia also good. The bronze stuff is more basic, get the sticky dwarfs, the dwarfs that buff other dwarfs, the dwarfs that move other dwarfs around or the dwarfs that hit stuff.

Minrad posted:

I think it was more the number of good gold cards for Skellige decreasing a bit.

rip the good old days of windmill slamming birna bran and donar an hindar to go into final round with 3 extra cards over your opponent


Maybe, but he used to see play mostly on Kambi decks, as it could get real tricky to clear out the giant. Your best bet was thunder basically. Now you have thunders, triss, blackhand, lugos. You can clear him easy, you can even run renew and play Hjalmar twice and get the effect.

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001


How do I really use the Ele'yas card for scoiatel, I looked up some explainers online for decks online but it doesn't make any sense. Someone said "strengthen him with fireball traps, huh? The main use I see for him its consuming an ally in a weather'd row and shooting that strength at the enemy instead of letting it go to waste or burning a clear weather. Is there another function I'm missing?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Expecto Patronum! Expelliarmus! Abracadabra! Argh, none of these are working.
Oh well, fall back plan.
ROOOAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR!


I don't really think Tibor is a problem. How much should the average strength of a gold card be? How much average strength does the bronze card drawn give your opponent? Then, what does losing card advantage by giving your opponent an extra card mean? Is Tibor still too strong?

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless


a regular bronze is 8, a regular silver is 10, a regular gold is 13. The value of gaining an extra card is 10. That puts tibor 2 points ahead which is not really absurd in any way.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER

6th Anniversary Edition


ShowTime posted:

I don't really think Tibor is a problem. How much should the average strength of a gold card be? How much average strength does the bronze card drawn give your opponent? Then, what does losing card advantage by giving your opponent an extra card mean? Is Tibor still too strong?

I think the main problem with Tibor and Hjal is the fact that they are gold and thus have very few counters, rather than merely a value to point conversion. Even then, the Value on Tibor probably equates to an average of 18, which is pretty high for one card. Philippa, for instance, gets 16 value tops even if played in a situation where she gets the maximum effect. Geralt/Ciri/Triss are all less than 15, with certain utility and technical uses.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yogg-Saron fan #1


The value of gaining an extra card isn't ten, it varies depending on the round. Nobody wants to play frightener as their last card round 3 and that can draw you a gold/silver.

Tibor and Kayran are very strong because if you play them last they're 17-18 point golds almost every time. A 3 point nerf would keep them very strong but not quite as autoinclude (Tibor was good at 22 str and I played him, don't know why he was buffed).

The change they'd need isn't dramatic.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax


lmao, the bugs in this game

just won a round where the "you won the round x to y" never went away, including mulligan and play phase. So I vaguely clicked the cards I thought looked right without being able to see point values or my opponents side of the board.

Gwent: It's A BetaTM

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007


Everyone has a plan 'til they get punched in the mouth.



Someone played Tibor after he plopped down a Villentretenmerth and I d.shackled his rear end.

I did not get a GG

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012



botany posted:

lmao, the bugs in this game

just won a round where the "you won the round x to y" never went away, including mulligan and play phase. So I vaguely clicked the cards I thought looked right without being able to see point values or my opponents side of the board.

Gwent: It's A BetaTM

I've had a bug happen where I drew my cards for the round and it took like a minute or 2 to finally let me discard one.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006


MarshyMcFly posted:

I've had a bug happen where I drew my cards for the round and it took like a minute or 2 to finally let me discard one.

I think they're still intermittently being DDOS'd.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER

6th Anniversary Edition


There are many bugs that are contingent on the fact that there is no "cancel" command you can make to cancel an uncompleted action, IE if you accidentally click your leader card to play it, but decide you don't want to play it before you play it.

Therefore, you get stuck in an instance of trying to play something when something else is preventing you from playing something and therefore get forced to wait til turn end and discard a card. It's happened to me a few times, and an opponent many times. Once I played someone who got stuck like that for the rest of the game and had to just discard his whole hand.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yogg-Saron fan #1


Why did they murder Last Wish? That was one of the good ones!

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006


BabyRyoga posted:

There are many bugs that are contingent on the fact that there is no "cancel" command you can make to cancel an uncompleted action, IE if you accidentally click your leader card to play it, but decide you don't want to play it before you play it.

Therefore, you get stuck in an instance of trying to play something when something else is preventing you from playing something and therefore get forced to wait til turn end and discard a card. It's happened to me a few times, and an opponent many times. Once I played someone who got stuck like that for the rest of the game and had to just discard his whole hand.

I think I cancelled poo poo with Esc before? Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.

EDIT: Ah. Yeah, once you've clicked the leader, you're committed, alas.

Megazver fucked around with this message at May 31, 2017 around 16:27

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

History has shown us that the love of power will always exceed the power of love. Plan accordingly.


BabyRyoga posted:

There are many bugs that are contingent on the fact that there is no "cancel" command you can make to cancel an uncompleted action, IE if you accidentally click your leader card to play it, but decide you don't want to play it before you play it.

Therefore, you get stuck in an instance of trying to play something when something else is preventing you from playing something and therefore get forced to wait til turn end and discard a card. It's happened to me a few times, and an opponent many times. Once I played someone who got stuck like that for the rest of the game and had to just discard his whole hand.

This happened to me. I finished redrawing my initial hand and the dialogue popped up to ask if I didn't want to use my last free redraw. I didn't make a selection before time ran out so instead it closed itself and locked me out of playing any cards for the whole first round.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012



Arrrthritis posted:

Someone played Tibor after he plopped down a Villentretenmerth and I d.shackled his rear end.

I did not get a GG

Hahahhahahaha lol at the sore losers that don't GG at the end of a match they lost and screw the A-holes that don't give you a GG if they stomp your rear end. It doesn't cost you anything to give a GG. It's a courtesy. Everyone should be doing it all the time.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yogg-Saron fan #1


I actually get a little disappointed when I take an incredibly stupid win and the GG comes regardless.

The two mortal sins of GGs are a.) not GGing when you win and b.) not GGing someone who played vanilla Geralt.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007


Here's something I just learned: Nithral increases Frost damage for BOTH players.

Chomp8645
Sep 1, 2006

Don't ever leave me hangin' buddy!

RatHat posted:

Here's something I just learned: Nithral increases Frost damage for BOTH players.

That feel when your own Nithral is frosted to death.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007



Double Bill posted:

There's no counter to Morkvarg yet at least. I mean technically locks counter him, but the current deck has 3-4 ways of unlocking him.

So far the only real counter to my Morkvarg deck is another Morkvarg deck with better golds.

A monster deck tried to counter by stealing my Mork with a Succubus, but they couldn't combo it with anything and I was still able to use their weather to buff my hunters up to 25+.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007


Chomp8645 posted:

That feel when your own Nithral is frosted to death.

Yeah I guess I learned not to play that in a mirror unless I have tons of frost in my hand.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax


MarshyMcFly posted:

Hahahhahahaha lol at the sore losers that don't GG at the end of a match they lost and screw the A-holes that don't give you a GG if they stomp your rear end. It doesn't cost you anything to give a GG. It's a courtesy. Everyone should be doing it all the time.

I just played a game against a player who literally spammed the "bad move" emote on cooldown. You're not getting a GG if you're a salty little poo poo like that.

Chomp8645
Sep 1, 2006

Don't ever leave me hangin' buddy!

RatHat posted:

Yeah I guess I learned not to play that in a mirror unless I have tons of frost in my hand.

I frosted a Nithral to death while playing as the Squirrels. There wasn't any weather on my side of the board when it happened.


Feels good man.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax


Kawabata posted:

This thread reminds me that it's very important to spend 95% of your dedicated gwent time actually playing gwent and getting better at it (in no way the meta is figured out and each faction has at least 2 viable ladder decks with the possible exception of NR only having 1), and only the remaining 5% reading reddit or this thread.

The amount of "meta is hosed, laddering sucks" desperate cries is deafening. You can netdeck 70% of any good deck, tech the remaining 30% and you're good to go. You will climb pretty high too. I'm currently rank 12 with an incomplete Eredin weather running Ciri and Triss and loving Yennefer(not YenCon) and Scorch. I win most of my bad matchups because swarm/consume decks never expect Yennefer, and massive Nilfgaard/Scoiatael dudes never expect the last round Scorch. I have a pretty bad w/l ratio vs Skellige but hey, you can't have everything. I have no Rag Nar Roog or Drought, I swear you can climb without those too and have fun doing it!

I wanna come back to this post. Originally I sort of wanted to tell you to get off your high horse, but you're actually 100% correct. I re-evalued how I pilot my deck and tried something better, and my winrate went up a lot. Turns out, sometimes even with sub-par cards, you are still not losing because of that. You're losing because you make the wrong decisions.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yogg-Saron fan #1


So the inspirational post is the one telling you to netdeck as closely as you can?

GWENT

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax


No Wave posted:

So the inspirational post is the one telling you to netdeck as closely as you can?

GWENT

no but reading is obviously difficult GWEN>T

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

History has shown us that the love of power will always exceed the power of love. Plan accordingly.


No Wave posted:

I actually get a little disappointed when I take an incredibly stupid win and the GG comes regardless.

The two mortal sins of GGs are a.) not GGing when you win and b.) not GGing someone who played vanilla Geralt.

C) if you drag out the last round unnecessary even though your opponent is out of cards you also don't deserve a gg

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yogg-Saron fan #1


botany posted:

no but reading is obviously difficult GWEN>T
...for you!

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Expecto Patronum! Expelliarmus! Abracadabra! Argh, none of these are working.
Oh well, fall back plan.
ROOOAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR!


CDPR gave everyone 100 meteorite powder for the server issues over the past day or so. Pretty nice of them considering they were problems outside of their control and it's still only the beta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007


Speaking of that have you guys transmuted any premiums? I've made one: Roach.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«122 »