Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Does transmuting do anything other than make it animated? No change in stats?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

RatHat posted:

Speaking of that have you guys transmuted any premiums? I've made one: Roach.

I've also made one: Roach.

Haven't spent any elsewhere though. Was waiting to find the deck I fell in love with to convert to premium.

Edit: No change in stats. Just makes it look prettier.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

botany posted:

I just played a game against a player who literally spammed the "bad move" emote on cooldown. You're not getting a GG if you're a salty little poo poo like that.

lol I would have just muted that annoying dude. I usually always give a GG at the end of a game regardless to trying and make my opponent do the same.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hobo Clown posted:

Does transmuting do anything other than make it animated? No change in stats?

Yes, it's just cosmetic. But there's no other use for meteorite powder so

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

MarshyMcFly posted:

lol I would have just muted that annoying dude. I usually always give a GG at the end of a game regardless to trying and make my opponent do the same.

I was trying to see what he would do if he lost :v: R3 he went super quiet but I ended up losing anyway due to drawing all 3 crones.

Strrrrront
Feb 7, 2011
Can someone make a hearthpwn-esque system where it automatically detects which cards I own and which decks I could build with them, and how much it would cost to craft the cards I lack for other decks?

Magical Zero
Aug 21, 2008

The colour out of space.
Anyone running a Monster Consume deck in the 1300-1600 range? How is it working out?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
Is there a fixed order to how card effects resolve? If my opponent has a Wild Boar of the Sea (Strengthen the unit to the left by 1) on the board next to a unit at 1 life and I have a Frost effect on that row, how do I know whether the Frost will trigger first and kill the 1 health unit or the Boar will trigger first and the unit will survive at 1 health?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think Weather always goes first but I could be wrong.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

RatHat posted:

I think Weather always goes first but I could be wrong.

You're absolutely wrong since in the last two matchups I had this come up the opponent survived.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
I think it's the opposite, weather goes last.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I think it goes active player effects then non-active player effects.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

ShowTime posted:

I think it goes active player effects then non-active player effects.

What does that mean

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
If it's my turn, my effects happen then your effects happen.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
That seems consistent with what I've seen at least, yeah.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
Is there a non GoG Galaxy way to play? Client still crashes on launch a year later.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

extra stout posted:

Is there a non GoG Galaxy way to play? Client still crashes on launch a year later.

I don't think there is. That's also the first time I've heard of anyone have issues with their client. What's your OS?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

extra stout posted:

If you could somehow download the game, running the game doesn't actually require the GoG launcher unless you want to challenge a friend.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

No Wave posted:

The value of gaining an extra card isn't ten, it varies depending on the round. Nobody wants to play frightener as their last card round 3 and that can draw you a gold/silver.

Tibor and Kayran are very strong because if you play them last they're 17-18 point golds almost every time. A 3 point nerf would keep them very strong but not quite as autoinclude (Tibor was good at 22 str and I played him, don't know why he was buffed).

The change they'd need isn't dramatic.

the value of an extra card is 10 because the spy that gives you an extra card costs 10. yaevan costs 12, and gives you the option to decide between two cards.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
and ciri's value isnt 7 or even 14, it's 24, which is why everyone is running exactly one shackle

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
can someone explain in tiny baby words how yaevinn is good because im convinced he's a spot that could be used on literlaly any other card a scoiatael deck could field unless im in the situation where i need to lose a round

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Up Circle posted:

can someone explain in tiny baby words how yaevinn is good because im convinced he's a spot that could be used on literlaly any other card a scoiatael deck could field unless im in the situation where i need to lose a round

being the last person able to play a card means that you are the player who is allowed to do dumb uncounterable bullshit.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Up Circle posted:

He gives you card advantage which is really good, but you have to learn how to properly play him. Throwing at a lost round isn't bad idea, having ways of getting rid of him right away(scorch), or even in the case where you are ahead in so many points that you simply don't care. It takes practice to spot when to play him and not, and what kind of matches is better to mulligan or even keep in the hand(unless you play Brouver, then you always mulligan)

For example, you can afford to run Yaevin in a Spell'tel list as you have a great number of instant removal at your disposal.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

No Wave posted:

So the inspirational post is the one telling you to netdeck as closely as you can?

GWENT

actually it's named GWINT

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Seriously what the hell is up with the exp to unlock ranked mode, and how the poo poo have so many people done it already. I'm pretty sure I've played like 100 games already and I'm only level 6, the open beta is gonna be over before I unlock it at this rate.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Up Circle posted:

Dies to weather now is why he's especially good... and heavily reactive lists are looking to kill time while their opponent plays out their hand so that they can 2/3 for 1 them with weather and Villentretenmerth. He's less good in decks like dwarves that don't have cards that do things to the enemy board.

The value of having a spy after winning round 1 was slightly less for a few days when you could somewhat reliably force a card out from your opponent by open passing r2 after taking r1, but now that harpy eggs, morkvarg, and dwarves are all over the place the spies have gained extra value again. They're actually better now than they ever were in a lot of ways even if nothing is as stupid as old weather in terms of rewarding CA.

Frightener is especially unfair thanks to Kayran, and because it's a 10 str spy with a beneficial effect.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:03 on May 31, 2017

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Normal Adult Human posted:

and ciri's value isnt 7 or even 14, it's 24, which is why everyone is running exactly one shackle

I don't have Ciri but I do have Yennefer, so that one shackle still functions as advertised. :v:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

To get an idea of how much golds have been power creeped, I haven't seen Yenncon played once since OB (recently hit level 10), and I didn't see enough geralts and trisses to think it was a question of scarcity. Part of it is weathers doing what she does better, another part is that even over 8 turns she usually won't get above the 14-16 power you can reliably get with some faction golds.

Neutral golds that fit in a lot of decks are now by and large weaker than broadly useful faction golds like Zoltan, Kayran, Tibor, Hjalmar, and maybe Philippa (in general NR golds are blah tbh). That's not a bad thing of course.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:29 on May 31, 2017

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Seriously what the hell is up with the exp to unlock ranked mode, and how the poo poo have so many people done it already. I'm pretty sure I've played like 100 games already and I'm only level 6, the open beta is gonna be over before I unlock it at this rate.

it went pretty quickly for me?? like 3 days of playing a couple of games and i got it. be happy you're not playing dota where you'd literally have so sink a hundred hours into the game to unlock ranked.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

You get about 120 exp per win dependong on length and it takes at least 6000 exp to reach level 10.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

What's the best neutral gold to craft first? I'm leaning towards Ciri Dash or YenCon, just to have an option for every faction (I only opened gold monsters). Thoughts?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

LupusAter posted:

What's the best neutral gold to craft first? I'm leaning towards Ciri Dash or YenCon, just to have an option for every faction (I only opened gold monsters). Thoughts?
Ciri normal, she's no longer a level 20 reward. The card that was probably the most commonly-run card in the game after first light and then got buffed twice.

Ciri dash is very bad (but fun in a way) unless someone has figured out a nilfgaard deck for her or something.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:45 on May 31, 2017

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

No Wave posted:

Neutral golds that fit in a lot of decks are now by and large weaker than broadly useful faction golds like Zoltan, Kayran, Tibor, Hjalmar, and maybe Philippa (in general NR golds are blah tbh). That's not a bad thing of course.

I think it's a good thing. Ciri/Borkh/G:Igni/RNR/Drought are all still excellent golds and are instant grabs in a pick-three, but if you play a lot of SK then you're going to want Coral over G:Igni for example. I agree about Yencon, she is strong in round 1 played turn 1 against popular decks like miracle NG/dwarves/foltest who play big round 1s because she gets a lot of opportunities for chip value, but she is basically a dead gold after that, and if she's competing with stuff like RNR or Coral who can make much bigger tempo swings it's a no brainer

e: not C:Dash lol

Thinking fucked around with this message at 23:46 on May 31, 2017

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Ok, I'll admit rnr is probably the correct answer.

Inverse
Jun 30, 2010

wow I cant win a single game starting out, everyone is really good.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Anyone mind commenting on babbies first deck? I'm level 3 so milled a few cards to get Serrit & Cynthia. No idea if its any good but I'm enjoying playing it:

I'm a bit unsure if I should be running more special cards but it's tricky to learn. Finding it hard to gauge how much the FLs do as well, but I kinda get hosed if I don't have them. Maybe bin the Decoy?

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jun 1, 2017

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Is there anything in place like Hearthstone where if you craft something and then it gets nerfed, you can mill it for full value? There are cards like RNR that would be really awesome to have, but I don't play enough to accumulate huge piles of scrap, and it would seriously suck to spend it all and end up with a useless card soon afterward

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

You get more exp if you win.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

RatHat posted:

You get more exp if you win.

I've played dozens of games at this point and have lost a handful of times in the past week and I'm only level 8.

Maybe the EXP gain is bugged or maybe they think you need to play a few hundred games before you're ready for ranked, I dunno. It's lovely regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Flipswitch posted:

Anyone mind commenting on babbies first deck? I'm level 3 so milled a few cards to get Serrit & Cynthia. No idea if its any good but I'm enjoying playing it:

I'm a bit unsure if I should be running more special cards but it's tricky to learn. Finding it hard to gauge how much the FLs do as well, but I kinda get hosed if I don't have them. Maybe bin the Decoy?

The catapults are probably the weak link here? Check out vicovaro or those dudes that get buffed every time you reveal something. You could also go with uh, a siege engineer or two and get value out of a late spotter across rounds.