Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Lifecoach and Superjj are global number 1 right now playing consume monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It looks like a list heavily teched against SK, following the current logic that monster will beat most things besides skellige so if you can beat that matchup you're in good shape.

Spell decks must be dead at the top or something. I have no idea how that list deals with weather.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jun 14, 2017

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Normal Adult Human posted:

this is what you deserve you piece of poo poo. you motherfucker. you human stain. I know what you're doing.

This is how I feel about no-unit control.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

No Wave posted:

It looks like a list heavily teched against SK, following the current logic that monster will beat most things besides skellige so if you can beat that matchup you're in good shape.

Spell decks must not be in vogue high up right now.

Love that succubus and new monster nest are in the list.

Yeah what is monster nest for in that list? Just an extra Nekker or Arachas Behemoth?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

RatHat posted:

Yeah what is monster nest for in that list? Just an extra Nekker or Arachas Behemoth?
I guess it's for arachas behemoth. I would be shocked if this list took over the ladder, it runs zero answers to weather. Not even water hag!

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Post nerf Tibor is still good right?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

No Wave posted:

I guess it's for arachas behemoth. I would be shocked if this list took over the ladder, it runs zero answers to weather. Not even water hag!

Apparently they lost 5 in a row shortly afterwards and vowed to make a new deck becuase bloody baron control decks and skellige bears were stomping them lol

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Xtanstic posted:

Post nerf Tibor is still good right?

Both Kayran and Tibor are still good, yeah. As third round bombs.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
honestly I've been finding that my skellige axemen deck works wonders, at least at lower ranks and levels. Control scoia'tiel shits all over it of course, but against every other matchup it's pretty great. Foglets and Crones? Sweet! More targets for my stammelfords, more buffs for my axemen.

Deck, for reference:

Thinking of ditching the roach for a silver weather, which honestly will usually give me way more than 4 value. Not sure how much the milling is worth - the deck isn't overly dependent on drawing any specific cards, not with operator to clone an axeman and two Freyas to use on axemen or bears.

Other than that, the Wild Boar plus Mork combo is just ugly. Use Crach to summon Morkvarg, put Wild Boar between Mork and Crach, and you've just completely nullified all potential downsides of the Boar while generating a huge amount of value in rounds two and three. This is, of course, less useful if you don't draw Wild Boar, but it's generally speaking a really great card to have in longer rounds.

I find you really, really want to play deep for round 1, pass round 2 to gain card advantage. The deck stumbles a bit in round 3 due to the fact that there are generally fewer minions to ping with your damage. YennCon, Hjalmar, and the Shieldmaidens combine fairly well for that though. I know Swim recommends Yennefer for his version of this deck, but honestly I rarely find it's giving me any more value than a Stammellfords does, it doesn't synergize as well with bears, and I usually have a fair few minions on my side of the board too.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

That deck existing convinces me to play emhyr over calveit to double up on peter.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Doing that also lets you still run Imperial Golems.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

The Gorp posted:

Ever seen 3 foglets and 3 crones in your starting hand?
I feel sick.

Probably shouldn't run both crones and foglets. I pulled crones from my monster deck to add other utility silvers like iris and bekker's. I'll probably build another variation of it that uses the crones and is less swarmy.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

No Wave posted:

Spell decks must be dead at the top or something. I have no idea how that list deals with weather.

They were doing alright against weather, except against X-men weather. Scoia'spell is also really weak now.(his deck also run regis) Most lists that run weather run skellige storm or fog/rain, and Lifecoach prefers to just play around them than to have to put in weather row clears, which i don't blame him, those cards are all terrible, except for the Skellige variation. But then he faced a mostly frost wild hunt deck and got trampled, and soon after all the top skellige players started to play around succubus->renew->succubus plays of his deck.

Magical Zero
Aug 21, 2008

The colour out of space.
You're not supposed to be able to pull all your Witchers from the graveyard by ressing one of them, right? The card says "deck" so I'm presuming it's a bug.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Magical Zero posted:

You're not supposed to be able to pull all your Witchers from the graveyard by ressing one of them, right? The card says "deck" so I'm presuming it's a bug.

They don't. They shuffled 2xwitchers back to the deck from the grave with Nenneke and resurrected just one with Shani to trigger it's deploy.

Magical Zero
Aug 21, 2008

The colour out of space.

Electronico6 posted:

They don't. They shuffled 2xwitchers back to the deck from the grave with Nenneke and resurrected just one with Shani to trigger it's deploy.
Yeah you're completely right, I missed that.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Been having a lot of fun with this Harald the Cripple deck. Yea. Harald.

http://imgur.com/wkr919A

It's really fun against all the monster consume players and pretty fun against Radovid players, which are basically the only two decks I see right now thanks to Lifecoach & Co and Swim.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Can we just take a moment to appreciate the best avatar and quotes in this game are our lord, Dandelion?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Flipswitch posted:

Can we just take a moment to appreciate the best avatar and quotes in this game are our lord, Dandelion?

The perfect way to communicate with your opponent is through a limited series of condescending, contextual responses designed to infuriate your opponent.

Also, I changed that deck up a little bit (the one I posted a screenshot of above). Took out the pirates and added in two archers and another bloodcurdling roar. The archers are great for setting up Harald, picking off eggs and buffing your Axeman. The roar is great for turning 1 drops into 12 drops, either your own or your opponents. Then it becomes a big rez target later on.

Straight smokin' fools with Harald.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Pro tip if you're using both Caranthir and Succubus in the same deck: You HAVE to move units with Caranthir, and you can't move your own. So be careful he doesn't move your Succubus target.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Flipswitch posted:

AAAGH!

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
What?! No! How!!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Flipswitch posted:

Thanks, my friend.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
So I did a bad thing and made a deck all premium. I had some of it and it only cost about 6k scraps to finish it out, plus about 1200 powder to convert a few cards. It sure is pretty.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
"Only" 6k scraps huh

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Yea I got a poo poo load from the keg refund and hoarding cards to scrap after the nerfs. I had about 25k at some point. I crafted all the golds and am just collecting ore/kegs now for new cards/patches.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I definitely underestimated how much the average player seems to spend on this game, looking at popular streams and drat near every single person in the comments is talking about how they got 15-20k scraps from this update was pretty wild.

This has got to be an insane money-printing machine for CDPR.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I definitely underestimated how much the average player seems to spend on this game, looking at popular streams and drat near every single person in the comments is talking about how they got 15-20k scraps from this update was pretty wild.

This has got to be an insane money-printing machine for CDPR.

People who watch streams of a CCG are not average players.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Some of the streamers probably dropped 1-2k on kegs. When open beta hit, Merchant had over 1k kegs to open. Streamers are given 60x to produce content, and just assuming he was level 70, rank 15, he had another 60 or so to open. So just on the safe side, he must have purchased about 800 kegs.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

ShowTime posted:

Yea I got a poo poo load from the keg refund and hoarding cards to scrap after the nerfs. I had about 25k at some point. I crafted all the golds and am just collecting ore/kegs now for new cards/patches.

It's pretty nice. There's various meme cards I'm missing, but every gold/silver neutral/SK/NR/Monsters card with a smattering of Nilfgaard and ST cards, I now own. Not bad for what amounts to probably 120 dollars spent on the game, but I think if I did that in Hearthstone I'd be lucky to have one class filled out, let alone half the of them. It's much more on par with what I'd expect to spend if I was going all out on physical Android:Netrunner cards or something.

The generosity makes me wanna stick around and keep supporting CDPR.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Having a full collection also means you get to just sit on kegs/ore and wait for new content. One day kegs might be specific to expansions, but ore is universal and for now kegs will open all cards. So as long as you don't scrap anything, don't buy kegs and don't open them, you can just scrap stuff that gets nerfed and wait for expansions.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
wasnt dagon supposed to be good post patch?

I'm losing every loving match with it, now down 200 loving MMR

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's still good, yes.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

RatHat posted:

It's still good, yes.

it loving sucks donkeys dick, sry

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Ending a game after fire trapping a poo poo load of Harpies, Arachae and Eggs, passing (being behind still) and then winning from a Toruviel is such an amazing feeling.

botany posted:

What?! No! How!!
Me when I miss the clear skies with a mage.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jun 15, 2017

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

So the meta's starting to shake out. ST's still weak, Nilfgaard was probably overnerfed, Skellige's fine aside from bears being just an ounce too good. Monsters and NR both have a good number of strong cards and archetypes.

Put the bear back at 5, buff ST some, and nilfgaard a little, and I think everything's in a good spot. There will still be some underpowered archetypes or ones that just lack enough pay off yet, but that's a good focus for any new cards or expansions they add. (Discard SK, Ambush and maybe even Mulligan ST, Reveal NG, Armor and Trio NG)

I'm pretty happy with the general gist of the card pool, there's just some number tweaks left to be made unless something super game breaking crops up in this meta.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Kawabata posted:

lol I have foglets and frosts and crones and I'm still climbing bro, git gud

I get so many rage forfeits too

Kawabata posted:

wasnt dagon supposed to be good post patch?

I'm losing every loving match with it, now down 200 loving MMR

Reminder to lurkers: never listen to anything anyone says in this thread

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Reveal decks are very fun right now.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
Had an opponent forfeit in the final round because he was out of cards and I was up by 2 with one card left to play. My only remaining card was Emhyr's Cahir who would have reset my sole non-gold unit to a lower value and lost the round for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Subvisual Haze posted:

Had an opponent forfeit in the final round because he was out of cards and I was up by 2 with one card left to play. My only remaining card was Emhyr's Cahir who would have reset my sole non-gold unit to a lower value and lost the round for me.
Is there a reason you wouldn't just pass there?