Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Even if the Reveal archetype might not become a top tier deck I'm just happy it has a chance now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JERFit
Dec 25, 2007

if someone said they'd give me money to play music + not have a job anymore I'd say NO
Been playing mulligan scoiatel for the past couple weeks. Today I was playing against a reveal nilfgaard deck and used the mage to quen my vanguards. At some point they played a serrit against my vanguard, but the shield blocked the damage. I'm not sure if it's always done that. Later he used another card, can't remember which right now, on a vanguard I already played and the shield blocked that damage as well.

And I was just thinking about how bad it is to play quen on my vanguards with the mage, but then it immediately blocked a 30+ power swing in one match. Maybe it's good?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Huh, just had someone playing a Calveit deck play back to back Geralt: Ignis against me, as in they were both on the board at the same time. I've never seen that happen, and I can't think of how it's possible. I wasn't paying super close attention but is there some way to clone a gold card like that that I'm just blanking on?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Huh, just had someone playing a Calveit deck play back to back Geralt: Ignis against me, as in they were both on the board at the same time. I've never seen that happen, and I can't think of how it's possible. I wasn't paying super close attention but is there some way to clone a gold card like that that I'm just blanking on?

Johnny or Treason?

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
Well that's only the 4th identical foglet duplication and Triss Butterfly deck I've seen tonight.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

JERFit posted:

Been playing mulligan scoiatel for the past couple weeks. Today I was playing against a reveal nilfgaard deck and used the mage to quen my vanguards. At some point they played a serrit against my vanguard, but the shield blocked the damage. I'm not sure if it's always done that. Later he used another card, can't remember which right now, on a vanguard I already played and the shield blocked that damage as well.

And I was just thinking about how bad it is to play quen on my vanguards with the mage, but then it immediately blocked a 30+ power swing in one match. Maybe it's good?

Good to know the <20% of matches where Serrit's ability accomplishes anything at all can be negated by another means (I can't hate him too much, can't expect too much out of a 9 body silver)

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
Cynthia is broken

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

RatHat posted:

Johnny or Treason?

Ah, it probably was Johnny, I always forget that card even exists.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

General Morden posted:

But we can agree that Blizzard is a billion times better at balancing than CDPR right?

Whoa. No. Absolutely not. Not even somewhat.

hell no

Darke GBF fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jul 6, 2017

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

RatHat posted:

Johnny or Treason?

Treason can't play Gold, can it?

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

Letho and the D.Bomb, I don't know how to quit you

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Subvisual Haze posted:

Letho and the D.Bomb, I don't know how to quit you

Want to share your list? I'm thinking of crafting a spy/cow deck to play alongside my reveal deck so I'm looking for ideas to copy shamelessly :v:

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
I posted earlier that I was on a 5 win streak at 3k with weather monsters, to which someone replied "hurrr 5 wins wow what a sample size".

This is almost card by card the deck I built myself, and I'm currently sitting at a 72% wr at 3k+ over 31 games. Weather still fucks people over.

King Pawn
Apr 24, 2010
Superjj just got rank 1 with Unseen Elder consume monsters, ladder's gonna be stuffed with them for the next few days. What's good against that poo poo?

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

King Pawn posted:

Superjj just got rank 1 with Unseen Elder consume monsters, ladder's gonna be stuffed with them for the next few days. What's good against that poo poo?

I'm at 74% vs consume, they don't have any answer to 6+ weather effects and BTM hits them really hard when you can pull it off.

Hound is on average a 12 value bronze for me (plus the deck thinning). Link in my previous post is of the guy who just took the deck to rank 6.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I don't know why that guy doubted WM. I guess it's not obvious to some people that a 4 str bronze that takes a bronze out of your deck and deals 2 damage every turn even if it dies is extremely good (they were THAT broken before).

Reminder - even if your opponent has an archgriffin and plays it immediately, you are 1 point behind your opponent and have one less bronze card in your deck. That is the best possible response.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

King Pawn posted:

TLDR; Understand the deck and take out key pieces of the "unit creation factory" before they can get value, or wait until they smugly declare victory with a massive unit(s) and delete it with scorch, Mardoeme, d.bomb? Beware of possible carry over value with resiliant.

Pop the eggs asap, destroy arachas spam/spawners, wait till the mega buffed consume guy is huge and scorch at the last second, better yet if you can shut down a resiliant one or take gold off unseen elder and scorch him too. They may make unseen elder resiliant if you just shackle it.

Weather hurts they are counting on some losses and it growing over time, if you can neuter their tempo by killing stuff before they become factories it hurts.
Beware a last second grave hag though,
Mardoeme, d.bomb?

There isn't a lot to be done about nekkars if they can copy +2 early and grow them they are inheriantly resiliant with their deathwish

They also may be willing to pass once to save some key unit factory card synergy for later or suffer losses with a huge corpse pile to gamble on a successful grave hag later if they are running it.

Quaint Quail Quilt fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jul 6, 2017

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

drat I didn't realize how badly Trebuchet got hosed. From 2 damage to entire row and ignoring armor -> 1 damage to three adjacent units. That's one of the worst guttings we've seen so far, and it was nowhere near meta-defining either.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I was netdecking the Spelldorfs deck, with some success. Then Nilfgaard came. Auckes + Decoy = 4 locks. Ugh, I can hold against 1 or 2, but not against that many.
Then in another game Auckes + Peter + Letho + Dimeritium Bomb = 6 high value cards totally screwed.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Turin Turambar posted:

I was netdecking the Spelldorfs deck, with some success. Then Nilfgaard came. Auckes + Decoy = 4 locks. Ugh, I can hold against 1 or 2, but not against that many.
Then in another game Auckes + Peter + Letho + Dimeritium Bomb = 6 high value cards totally screwed.

Consider this your punishment for netdecking swim ST decks.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Heh. Yep, karma.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
You can lock a nekker to cancel the deathwish.

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

Maredrome is the best counter to nekkers because it resets + kills them WITHOUT triggering deathwish. And also makes quick work of vran warriors. Geralt: igni can also be very strong, but its good against almost everything atm.

Lacerate also murders consume decks if you let them get a lot of spiders out.

Some people run grave hag so you gotta watch out for that in round 3... if it seems like they might play it for a ton of points, be very aggressive in trying to prevent the monster player from having the last move. Grave hag is a joke to deal with as long as you can deal 2 damage, or just lock it before it triggers.

Basically it's a strong deck but it crumples if you know how to play around it and run a few tech cards (which also happen to be useful against other popular decks).

And if it becomes too popular (which it might), you can always play the ultimate anti-consume deck and start running bloody baron...

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Darke GBF posted:

Whoa. No. Absolutely not. Not even somewhat.

hell no

You'll be eating crow when Blizzard announces their new expansion for Hearthstone.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

Jesus it's like you need to lock or reset every drat bronze in the consume deck.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

General Morden posted:

You'll be eating crow when Blizzard announces their new expansion for Hearthstone.

Yeeeah I don't know, Mr Hearthstone Salesman posting in the Gwent thread. I want to think it over.

I'll get back to you, ok?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don't understand what just happened. I played Udalryk and got the choice of Clan Dimun Pirate and Ciri:Dash. I picked Clan Dimun Pirate but got Ciri:Dash in my hand instead, and nothing went into my graveyard. The hell?

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Boy people are forfeit happy all the sudden. I don't think I've finished a game that I was winning all night, instead people just quit as soon as they get discouraged. Even won a couple I would have lost because all I had left in my hand were like shackles and poo poo.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
Did some streamer get far with a reveal Nilf deck? I'm running into that deck an awful lot. I also have yet to lose a game against it, so I'm not entirely sure what the idea is.

King Pawn
Apr 24, 2010
It got buffed a lot and people like Nilfgaard for whatever reason. The people netdecking really hard are either on consume monsters or Swim's spell dwarves thing.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

botany posted:

Did some streamer get far with a reveal Nilf deck? I'm running into that deck an awful lot. I also have yet to lose a game against it, so I'm not entirely sure what the idea is.

Garrunah was doing well enough with it last patch, now without weather and a couple of extra points it can do pretty well. It's also a fairly straightforward and fun deck to play. It can also deal well against the other current meta staples, Consume/Dorfs/weird NR stuff with just a few tech choices.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

King Pawn posted:

It got buffed a lot and people like Nilfgaard for whatever reason. The people netdecking really hard are either on consume monsters or Swim's spell dwarves thing.

I disagree that it got "buffed a lot". My reveal list gained a whopping 3 more total points and Bonhart's maximum potential was nerfed. Reveal was underrated and decent before the patch and continues to be just that, decent. People have just latched onto the next thing highlighted by the patch notes after turning their SK decks into scrap.

I'm happy that succ disappeared from the meta, though.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

botany posted:

I'm no longer the hipster playing this :(

A few streamers have been talking about it or playing it though so that's why it's surging.

King Pawn
Apr 24, 2010

Trogdos! posted:

I disagree that it got "buffed a lot". My reveal list gained a whopping 3 more total points and Bonhart's maximum potential was nerfed. Reveal was underrated and decent before the patch and continues to be just that, decent. People have just latched onto the next thing highlighted by the patch notes after turning their SK decks into scrap.

I'm happy that succ disappeared from the meta, though.

Yeah, I put that poorly. Nilfgaard is the only faction I haven't really played yet so I was talking out of my rear end a bit.

Why is Serrit not played, by the way? Just on the face of it the power level seems very high.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

King Pawn posted:

Yeah, I put that poorly. Nilfgaard is the only faction I haven't really played yet so I was talking out of my rear end a bit.

Why is Serrit not played, by the way? Just on the face of it the power level seems very high.

I'm running into Serrit a good bit at 3k

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
I didn't even know what serrit did before yesterday. I've seen him a lot. i'm so tired of seeing spotters

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

King Pawn posted:

It's better now post-patch but the card is a bit situational; you have to reveal a) a unit b) that's not gold and c) doesn't get played before it's your turn to play serrit. Even then the opponent can simply mulligan the card away. Cynthia does a very similar thing without many of the downsides and also buffs spotters. One thing to note too is that the bulk of the reveals target your own deck, like revealing Foot Soldiers and Fire Scorpions. Finally, as you probably know, NG's silver cards in general are top-notch so there is a lot of competition.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

Spy Nilfgaard wants to be good. But having to stack your Impera Brigades in the front row and slowly build them up in the early rounds just puts a giant sign over their heads saying PLACE G:IGNI HERE. It's annoying because almost every other common deck now has their big buff units hidden in their hand, or deployable/movable to multiple rows. For some reason Nilfgaard a lot of non-agile units though which feels like a vestige of earlier game design when compared to other factions.

Also I loving hate playing against dwarves (no this isn't a demand to nerf them, I just hate them). If I draw Letho I win, if I don't I probably lose to an orgy of adrenaline rushes and thunderbolt potions.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Dwarves are the only evil deck because they're trying to stop you from doing your dailies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Serrit's utility changes a lot depending on who you're facing. I've swapped him out for Sweers (bye-bye nekkers) and find that more useful but still feels lacking in real omph.