Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Playing the SMork deck is great. It's probably not top tier but i win 80% of my games at 1500 and at least 90% in unranked.

I just had a game against a Queensguard deck. First round he Bran'd all 3 of them, then Draig Bon-Dhu'd them twice with decoy. I played a Savage Bear and he Blackhanded it to buff the Queensguard even further. I ressed it then started shieldsmithing Morkvarg. I then played Ciri while i was behind and he took the bait and passed so i played a couple more cards to win the first round.

Turn 1 of round 2 i ressed the bear again and he couldn't do poo poo about it. He tried using Operator on his Shieldmaiden so he had 2 in hand, then sacrificing one to do damage to the bear so he could get the chain going, but i just used a mushroom to heal it back to full and he ended up having to shoot his operator to get them all out. He endedu p with 3 cards in hand, which i assume were is medics, and forfeited.

The Savage Bear does a lot of work in the right matchups. Against Nilfgaard it denies their medics, agaisnt Skellige it denies their medics which often completely cripples them, against monsters it gets a poo poo load of value against consume decks and shits all over harpies. I love watching them play a harpy, lose all the eggs and have the harpies that spawn take 2 damage, then watching the Elder God dejectedly eat a bunch of 2 strength crap.

Then you have the mushrooms. These things are crazy. You can use them to reset damage that your minions take (perfect to use at the end of a round of Morkvarg sitting in a frost). On top of that it can be used to reset enemy buffed units. It's great against all of Nilfgaard's bullshit like the guy who gets buffed by spies, the spotter who gets buffed by reveal and that card that pulls a card from the deck with +10. Even more hilarious is using it on Ekimmara, Vran Warriors and Katakan. Watching them chain Ekimarra then dropping a mushroom to banish it never gets old.

Hardest deck to go against are the dwarf decks and the weather Monsters. Weather monsters i can do ok against it's just hard to come out ahead on value seeing how you have to sacrifice a card to get rid of weather. The Dwarves are really hard though because they can spread their buffs out and move out of weather or stack up to tank RNR.

For golds i am running Ciri, Triss, RNR and Royal Decree because i don't have anything else. I'm not sure what would be good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Some guy Lethod my Morkvarg for the first time a few minutes ago but then Letho got all his strength so he had to play like 3 extra cards to catch up to me and i ended up winning anyway.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

RatHat posted:

Oh, locking Queenguard doesn't stop them from reviving. I guess that makes sense since it's the ability of the played one that's reviving them.

The cool bit is you can res the locked one and it still works because the lock gets removed when they res.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I think going first is a huge deal now. For instance, when i play against a reveal nilf deck if i got first i can get the Savage Bear down, then protect it from the siege card that does damage when revealing with my removal. If i go second i have to remove first and he gets a few turns in where my bear isn't doing damage. That can be the difference on whether i can remove one of his cards or not. Another example is against the Skellige decks with hunters. The person who gets to go first can remove their opponent's bear with the 3 damage from playing the hunter. It really feels like a coinflip some matches.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Pro Savage Bear tip: If you ever see a Foltrest deck doing that bullshit with Kaedwani Support buffing, savage bear does damage before the buff goes out, so they end up 1 behind everything else and only buff themselves. Add that to the lest of deck archetypes that gets hosed by the bear.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

precision posted:

I had this exact idea last night! But really, wouldn't that just make everyone send GG?

Make it a true prisoner's dilemma: if both send GG, both get normal rewards. If one sends GG, the one who doesn't gets double rewards and the one who does gets nothing. If neither send GG, they both get nothing.

Not much a dilemma if there's no downside to not cooperating.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Yesterday i got home with 1 hour left on the daily timer and i was at 5/6 when there was 1 minute before reset so i just conceded in the third round and got my daily done in time. That's a pretty advanced tactic for you from a rank 16 player like myself. Although i was considering not doing that and just losing the keg considering i had to forfeit against a lovely NR deck that was playing Dun Banner Light Cavalry from his hand.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
The emote i miss the most is "Wow". I just want to give a sarcastic wow when my opponent does his big play combo and still can't win off it.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
So my record for this patch with my old Queensguard deck is, 5-4 against Monsters, 2-0 against Nilfguard, 6-2 against Northern Realms. 3-2 against Scoia'tael and 5-20 against Skellige.

What deck beats Kambi and axe men while having an ok time against Monsters? Since that accounts for 90% of the decks i am against i might as well focus on them.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

MarshyMcFly posted:

Alright goon bros, time to have the most important discussion, and that is which deck has the best soundtrack? My vote goes to Skellige. They're soundtrack is badass and heavy on the string instruments! Then Nilfgaard, Northern Realms, Scoiatel, and finally Monsters. The monsters have by far the worst soundtrack with all those stupid demon noises they make! I've been listening to the entire OST on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/KJgsQc4ntxM. Check it out and tell me how you'd rate the soundtracks!

I sing along to the monster song. But i think Nilfgaard is best.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

No Wave posted:

QG are very good and not being able to doeme them away R1 sucks. If I ever lose to a QG player I have to remind myself of the humiliating losses to dwarves they must suffer through.

I have a 100% winrate against dwarves with my Queensguard deck. I put a bear down then laugh as i kill their dwarves off with shieldmaidens, Triss or Blackhand. If any survive i have a Coral and mushroom to deal with it once they are done with their potions.

I stopped playing that deck once i hit 4k to try out the Dagon butterflies deck because i've been playing Queensguard variants since open beta started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
If i'm at 4203 mmr can i just stop playing until the end of the season or will it decay?