Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

RatHat posted:

Just realized most Premium cards also have audio. Sadly you can only hear it if you actually own the card though.

EDIT: Also jiggle physics

I always right click premiums to hear them if an opponent plays them. Skald's got some nice bagpipes, and there's a full lute session from a filled bar for Draig Bon-Dhu

Just avoid premium field medics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

nothing feels as good as willingly tying a game you can win for your opponent :unsmith:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

BabyRyoga posted:

I noticed I have a normal Geralt and a premium Geralt. You start with one of them in your collection, do you start with both? Or did I get one of them as a daily reward? The normal one is gon' get milled :chef:

mill both of them

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Man, EVERYTHING is running lock now. It's kinda crazy. I went back from mork/olgierd to queensguard just so I didn't have to deal with unlocking Morkvarg 3 times a round.

The meta right now's been one hell of a rollecoaster.

Also it feels like every deck is running Operator right now. :psyduck:

Minera fucked around with this message at 23:29 on May 30, 2017

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

It's kind of the same problem as Hearthstone then. Except here there's no real reward to playing a "fast" deck, since all decks play at about the same speed.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

I think it was more the number of good gold cards for Skellige decreasing a bit.

rip the good old days of windmill slamming birna bran and donar an hindar to go into final round with 3 extra cards over your opponent

Mesadoram posted:

I was thinking of making a Dwarf deck. I only got the starter deck and I like the way the Dwarf cards play off each other. Anyone got advice on which cards I should be going for?

All the silver dwarfs are good and cheap (namely yarpen, barclay, and dennis). Get yourself a Ragh Na Roog and you're good to go from there.

Minera fucked around with this message at 14:44 on May 31, 2017

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

No Wave posted:

So the inspirational post is the one telling you to netdeck as closely as you can?

GWENT

actually it's named GWINT

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Flipswitch posted:

Anyone mind commenting on babbies first deck? I'm level 3 so milled a few cards to get Serrit & Cynthia. No idea if its any good but I'm enjoying playing it:

I'm a bit unsure if I should be running more special cards but it's tricky to learn. Finding it hard to gauge how much the FLs do as well, but I kinda get hosed if I don't have them. Maybe bin the Decoy?

The catapults are probably the weak link here? Check out vicovaro or those dudes that get buffed every time you reveal something. You could also go with uh, a siege engineer or two and get value out of a late spotter across rounds.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Wild Boar is used in some of the better Skellige decks right now, Yen:con is one of the weaker neutrals. I'd take the Boar, but I'm a Skellige junkie.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

I love when they reveal an igni or something when there's already a row over 20 and realize they're screwed and start to flub their turns

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

This game's really loving hard sometimes

It's like the one video game I won't play drunk because it's just bewildering to play non-sober

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

botany posted:

Yeah Nilfgaard needs a nerf. Their cards are ridiculously strong, and they have enough deck cycling to make sure that they draw all the pieces.

yeah whenever a deck draws all their cards every game to become super consistent it tends to get nerfed: see old discard skellige.

Funny how Queensguard is more or less a dead deck now. I wonder how much of that is just nilfgaard keeping it down.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

ShowTime posted:

GwentTracker displays the base strength when you hover over a card. Everyone really should be using a deck tracker until CDPR implements some of this stuff.

tbh I'd put it in the OP, if it isn't. (ah it is) CDPR's even given the deck tracker their blessing and it's one of the most well made and lightweight deck trackers I've seen.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

BabyRyoga posted:

Completely dif note, are there any drawbacks to forfeiting in casual play? For the sake of grinding daily rewards, would it be a good idea to construct a deck out of base cards that just rushes for a round 1 win then forfeits to secure the fastest possible grind? Already past level 10 so I won't be tanking mmr.

I'm trying to think what's the hardest first round all in you could do to make someone give up and pass round 1. Probably just the typical Tibir and Hjalmar all ins? Playing a Succubus or a Wild Boar to bait an early pass? I'm gonna give it a try with Morv and Tibir/roach all ins and see how it goes.

fwiw I think you also get some additional exp for playing cards, so winning first round and dumping your hand before forfeiting could also work if you're just rushing to level 10.

Minera fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jun 2, 2017

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Minrad posted:

I'm trying to think what's the hardest first round all in you could do to make someone give up and pass round 1. Probably just the typical Tibir and Hjalmar all ins? Playing a Succubus or a Wild Boar to bait an early pass? I'm gonna give it a try with Morv and Tibir/roach all ins and see how it goes.

fwiw I think you also get some additional exp for playing cards, so winning first round and dumping your hand before forfeiting could also work if you're just rushing to level 10.

My experience after trying this one game: people freaking out and trying to play out round 1s where you're up 50 points and instead throwing the game so hard you just play it to completion and win :downs:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Opponent's up 3 cards, has 5 cards in hand, is forced to concede because you've got a savage bear on board and he has 5 priestess of freya in hand :allears:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Uh, welp. Won a game that would've gotten my sixth win for today from a server disconnect, didn't get my 100 ore. Tried relogging and playing a few games, now I'm at 3/12 wins on daily rewards. RIP??

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Minrad posted:

Uh, welp. Won a game that would've gotten my sixth win for today from a server disconnect, didn't get my 100 ore. Tried relogging and playing a few games, now I'm at 3/12 wins on daily rewards. RIP??

Yeeeah I ranked up, I opened a keg, then the next keg I opened threw an error and kept giving me the same keg. I rebooted game, still had that keg, and the cards from the first keg weren't added to my collection despite being gone from the kegs I had gotten. :nallears:

Also I can no longer queues for games, casual or ranked.

I'm just gonna take a step back since I assume my account's broken or something now.

But hey I got a Cynthia from a random rounds won reward, so there's that.

Minera fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jun 2, 2017

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

I think the biggest thing killing deck variety is that there's very few strong neutrals. If you want to play a deck, you need to invest in a faction, and there's not a lot of variety inside the factions yet. So if someone wants to build a strong deck, they're locked in to a faction for at least a few weeks, until they can get together the scraps for a few other faction golds and silvers and branch out more.

Obviously people are always gonna net deck, but people having more cards owned on top of having a few more cards added to expand archetypes and open up more tech choices should do a lot for variety.

It's not like that's very different for other card games: remember when shattered sun cleric, yeti, and dark iron dwarf went in every deck for every class when Hearthstone was new? The game should open up a lot very soon as long as there's no completely out of balance cards added.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Guardian's a good card, but you'll just get more out of the mage, yeah. I'm 1.2k scrap away from playing a dank Nilf deck right now, just need that mage and Cantarella to play the spy variant that looks fun. Reveal Nilf is fun enough (and it's pretty funny to have your opponent's entire hand revealed) but I think it just comes down to Cahir + John is so much stronger than Morv and Vilge/Vattier/etc. Consistently playing double roach and all your golds/silvers is just way too good to pass up when you're playing a ton of games to rank up.

re: guardian chat https://clips.twitch.tv/NastyAnnoyingTortoiseSquadGoals

Watching Tides going for rank 1 right now, the top players are all around 3.1k mmr but ranks top out around 4k don't they? I guess it's gonna be a few weeks before anyone hits that as the ELO system filters points up through the ladder.

e: lmao first visual bug I've seen, Olgierd stayed scorched and RNR didn't go away between rounds

Minera fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Jun 2, 2017

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Closed beta's ranked was up for like, what, five or six months though right? That's gonna leave the 21 rankings pretty exclusive. :stare:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Kawabata posted:

guys what are the odds of not drawing ciri ever 4 matches in a row in a loving 25 cards deck holy loving hosed virgin mary of god

this is important

this is why the cool decks run thinners: can't miss gold cards if you play every card in your deck

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

One of these days Android:Netrunner will get a digital client, I'm sure of it. :arghfist::sigh:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

I haven't played against it enough to really give any solid advice. The game I did win against, he probably could've won if he had stopped going all in so hard on one round with reavers to win by like 40 points.

Speaking of NR, Tides is playtesting the dumbest deck I've ever seen: a 3 silver, 3 gold, 37 card NR deck. He misplayed a shitload and nearly took the first game he was playing with it. :stare:

It would probably get creamed by any kind of weather monsters deck, but it's pretty funny when he goes into rounds with like 15 units on the board after playing just 4 or 5 cards. I am also eagerly anticipating him getting hit by a 50 damage G:igni

Minera fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Jun 3, 2017

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

RatHat posted:

It's gotta be inconsistent as gently caress with that many cards.

The only thing that seems inconsistent is getting your gold/silvers in the first round; so many of your cards play other cards that you thin your deck super faster. Adepts pull weather, Reaver scouts pull other bronzes, Commandos get yanked constantly, light cavalry pull themselves, poor loving infantry summon themselves, etc. And you end up getting like 20 or more value of Foltest's power.

It's probably bad, since you can get rolled by SO many things, (weather, igni, scorch, rot tosser, etc) but it looks pretty hilarious and cheap.

YESSSSS

https://clips.twitch.tv/ScarySlickCobraPeteZarollTie

Minera fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Jun 3, 2017

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

The Gorp posted:

https://www.jinteki.net/

P.S. You have good taste in card games

it's not bad and I used to play and spec on this a lot :v: but the automation of cards/tokens/rules/etc and matchmaking are a big part of what makes digital card games so great. I think FFG makes money hand over fist with physical card games and has no digital experience, so I'm not exactly holding out for any surprise ANR to compete with Hearthstone and Gwent any time soon!

I think after finally having some free time to play a ton and watch streamers the past two days, the meta seems in an alright spot. Nilfgaard is a little too common, but I'm not entirely sure it's because they're too strong as it is they're just consistent so people flock to them. I find Morkvaarg decks harder to beat right now.

I'd like to see NR get a buff and see where the meta settles. I don't even mind the gold weathers anymore, like any gold card, when they're used well they can get you, but it's straight forward and second nature to play around them at this point.

I'm hoping the balance patch is early next week. I got a hankering to spend some meteorite powder, but I'm waiting to see what cards get nerfed, buffed, or changed to do anything.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Flipswitch posted:

How many clear weathers do you lot tend to run in your decks? Currently I'm looking to slot in Vanhemar(?) into a deck but at the moment 2x Clear skies seems fine?

In Nilf I just rely on their mage + standard bearers. I still run 1x clear skies in my skellige decks for the occasional gold weather, since it's so drat hard to benefit off of those with hunters.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

some Good poo poo from tides of time this morning, including your standard nilfgaard turn 1

and on top of that, tides was trying out fake:ciri. it didn't go so well

https://clips.twitch.tv/InspiringYawningGoshawkDansGame

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

two packs, nenneke and djikstra from same pack and premium shani from the last one. I uh, guess I play Reaver hunter now don't I :stare:

e: putting together a deck and I found premium field medic, that card made me cringe when I clicked it. she's sawing off a dude's arm and you get to hear it cutting through flesh and bone, along with the patients agonized screaming. good lord, and premium margarita you can hear someone being burned alive. NR's premiums are hosed up

Minera fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jun 4, 2017

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

the strength on all their units is hosed up and the trio mechanic is a decent idea but barely implemented. tweak the strength on the silvers a bit, buff some of the shittier bronzes like the siege machines, add another useful trio effect to something that doesnt get played, like one of the armor units. oh and fix priscilla because really, what the gently caress is that card

I don't really know if there's a worthwhile radovid deck either way past that. maybe change his power to "demote a gold unit and damage it by 4, or lock two units and damage them by 4" would give him a useful niche in giving the siege decks some targets when you need it..

Minera fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jun 4, 2017

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

it's really, really weird how their bronzes are tuned. Another option would be to just increase the strength on all of them by 1, nerf reaver hunters in whatever way's appropriate to compensate, and give Henselt a new leader power since he has the least interactive hero power in the game. And that's saying something in a meta where Nilfgaard's standard tactic is to yolo john turn one even if he'll whiff just to get golems out of the deck.

It also doesn't help that NR might be the most big brain faction in the game currently. I played five games in a row of reaver hunters and i can't quite grasp how exactly I'm supposed to order units to thin my deck correctly yet. I look at how some other theoretical 40 card NR deck would work with the game plan of sneaking everything onto the board with deploys and my brain seizes up.

e: Really good idea I saw was to give resilience to at least one of the siege units, or tie it into some kind of a trio effect for NR siege.

Minera fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jun 4, 2017

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Kawabata posted:

the thing is, any trio mechanic is just an igni waiting to happen

there's ways to play around it. siege support for example, and medic bounces to stagger buffs, or just having the trio weak enough that it'll never be a viable scorch target (like blue commandos). plus they could always just have a trio effect be a skald style thing, where it buffs each unit by 1, 2, 3.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

RatHat posted:

Skellige Storm is going to get nerfed so hard. I'm guessing it'll be 1/1/2 instead of the 1/2/3 it is now. So better than Frost on a board with less than 5 units, better than Fog/Rain hitting one unit, but worse in other cases.

Position better. You can almost completely negate it with two golds (which includes your leader) on the right of whatever row it's on.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

opponent's up 30 str, you've got one card in hand and leader power. he tries to call your bluff and passes second round after you won first round.

Then you windmill slam 80 str of reaver hunters on the board. :shrug:

The best part of my experience playing NR is people having -no idea- what your deck does to win, so they just make the worst misplays and decisions since all ladder has prepared them for is fighting against nilfgaard. It's pretty refreshing.

my own advice if you face reaver on ladder:

- locking the first reaver stops subsequent bonds from going off from that reaver, so you'll net like 12 or so str of value out of the first round from that if you're playing to win.
- vicovaro medic disrupts their combo if you can win round 1 by stealing a reaver hunter, taking a huge amount of the power boost out of it. 3 reavers is still a lot however.
- an early avallach or other binary draw is good for you, annoying to really bad for them. the deck relies on a lot of early thinning, they've lost out on a ton of power and card advantage if you stick their frosts or blue stripe commandos in their hand, instead of them getting pulled by mages.
- rot tossers and weather on the siege row work well. Their siege row is rarely going to have anything over/under 3 str, with very few ways to remove it (a lock and their mage's alzur's thunder usually?).
- be smart about scorch. that goes without saying, but they can usually stagger reaver hunters to get one's health above the others, so be prepared to reset one to scorch the other 3 hunters.
- If you see a kaedwani siege support, you want to block it at all costs because it's probably there to disrupt scorch effects by staggering unit health.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Electronico6 posted:

:siren: Dev Stream tomorrow at 9PM CEST (12PM PDT) on CDPR twich channel, they'll be talking about the next update savour your golems while they last :siren:

Finally, I'll get to find out what cards I can pump all this meteorite powder into :v:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

:siren: There is a high chance the level 20 legendary reward resets your pity timer. If you've gotten a legendary recently and you're near level 20, you may want to save scraps and resume buying kegs afterwards.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

There's no official word yet (and likely won't be until the chinese client releases) but the man who's sorting through the information on 20,000 keg openings said that the pity timer's all but confirmed at 40 kegs.

link: https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/6e2kbi/gwent_keg_data_update_on_22000_keg_sample_pity/

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Expect lots of monster and weather on ranked today

swim and noxious are both trying out monster decks on their streams today

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Chinese test realm went up with some changes, notably gold weathers nerfed to 2 and frost changed to only hit highest and lowest unit(s) by 1, golems reduced to 2 str, vico novices to 1. Savage bear no longer kills medics before their deploy goes off. Partial list here, it's reliant on what people have translated I guess. CDPR replied to the leak with "Please wait for the stream at 9PM, some things changed :)"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Not sure where the info's coming from, but you'll get full scrap refund on CRAFTED cards only.