Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JERFit
Dec 25, 2007

if someone said they'd give me money to play music + not have a job anymore I'd say NO

Flipswitch posted:

Anyone mind commenting on babbies first deck? I'm level 3 so milled a few cards to get Serrit & Cynthia. No idea if its any good but I'm enjoying playing it:

I'm a bit unsure if I should be running more special cards but it's tricky to learn. Finding it hard to gauge how much the FLs do as well, but I kinda get hosed if I don't have them. Maybe bin the Decoy?

I would say the alchemists are the weakest cards in this deck. I agree with the other poster about putting in a vica medic and combat engineer. You also need to get vattier asap, but then again, this is pretty much the only deck he's useful in.

I like the mangonels and have used them effectively for a while, but they're huge targets and you're gonna have to anticipate that your opponent is gonna try really hard to counter it real quick like. Which makes it really fun to keep plopping them down while they scramble to clear em.

That feeling when you let loose a vattier with 2 or 3 mangonels on the board :unsmith:

E: oh and throw any golems you got for that sweet sweet deck thinning power

JERFit fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jun 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JERFit
Dec 25, 2007

if someone said they'd give me money to play music + not have a job anymore I'd say NO
Just crafted Toruviel and made a new deck for her. First match is against eredin and I draw her on my first mulligan. I set her up to boost a a handful of units on my melee row, but with frost and wild hunt warriors I ended up only having one other unit on the melee row. Luckily I was able to keep the round close enough that her 8 point power swing was enough to give me the round, and my opponent to immediately forfeit. Feels good :cheers:

JERFit
Dec 25, 2007

Been playing mulligan scoiatel for the past couple weeks. Today I was playing against a reveal nilfgaard deck and used the mage to quen my vanguards. At some point they played a serrit against my vanguard, but the shield blocked the damage. I'm not sure if it's always done that. Later he used another card, can't remember which right now, on a vanguard I already played and the shield blocked that damage as well.

And I was just thinking about how bad it is to play quen on my vanguards with the mage, but then it immediately blocked a 30+ power swing in one match. Maybe it's good?

JERFit
Dec 25, 2007

Been playing Eithne magic dorfs with pretty good success. Do well against skellige and northern realms decks(suck it control radovid), and ok against weather monsters. Definitely runs into trouble against swarm monsters and any nilfgaard decks that run both peter and auckes though.

I just had a match against queensguard skellige in the first round he johnny's for a silver and the only silver I have in my deck is roach. I go a couple cards down to take round 1 with some heavy dorfs, and play him down to his last card on round 2. He draws his only card, stares at it for a bit, then mulligans it and of course he draws my roach he johnny'd.

Cunning play.

Cunning play.

JERFit
Dec 25, 2007

After months of playing nothing but midrange scoiatel decks, I finally decided to try something else and made myself a skellige deck. So, of course, instead of playing something normal like discard, or queensguard, or axe men, I built myself a jutta war crier deck.

The r1 tempo is absolutely ridiculous, and over a whole match crach-jutta-shieldsmith-decoy-shieldsmith-priestess-shieldsmith-holger-sigrfrida-warcrier leaves you with a 30-40 point jutta in r3. Just pray for no geralds or borks, or hold onto the decoy for a second sigrfrida and another 20+ point jutta

JERFit fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Aug 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JERFit
Dec 25, 2007

I feel so dirty. After playing nothing but fun, cheesy scoia'tel and nilfgaard decks on ranked, I finally caved. I started running pure discard skellige without queensguards and am on a 10+ match winning streak and just hit 4k after hitting a wall at 3.8k for the last few weeks.

Also started saving all my ore last week, I'm up to 800 now. I'm gonna have soooo many packs to open after the patch.